Register now to get rid of these ads!

i have a hyd clutch question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by brady1929, Oct 22, 2010.

1. brady1929

brady1929

i was told by the guy at napa that rubber brake line at napa is good enough for my hyd clutch set up. is this true? he said it was rated to 4000 psi. i am running a wilwood master cyclinder p/n 260-1304 and slave p/n 260-1333. sorry for the dumb question but i do not know.

2. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yup. Brake line works fine for a clutch too.

3. if its safe enough for brakes...

4. Common hydraulic brake hose was used on plenty of factory hydraulic clutch setups. I'm using a Mazda/Ford Courier slave cylinder and master cylinder with the small block Chevy and T-5 trans in my '38 Ford pickup. The Mazda/Courier system uses about a one foot length of common brake hose between the end of the metal line and the slave cylinder to allow for engine movement.

5. TheWrenchbender

TheWrenchbender
    from Belton SC

The clutch will require way less PSI than the brakes would, so yep you're good to go!

6. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Howdy Brady! I just finished setting up a hydraulic clutch in a '63 Dodge Dart this week. One thing I found was that a 1" bore master seemed to be better suited to the needs of the common external slave cylinder. I started with a 7/8"like my car and didn't have quite enough travel at the slave. As everybody else has stated, the hose you are looking at is just fine, I just wanted to give you that insight.
    Later, Chip Quinn

7. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

I run a 3/4" slave cylinder but my m/c had a 1" bore. I had very little travel and the effort to depress the clutch was quite stout. I had the m/c sleeved down to a 3/4" bore and now its perfect.

8. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Works for me since 1968!!!