Register now to get rid of these ads!

Saving "Rusted Souls"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by FRITZ, Oct 17, 2010.

1. Thoughts and prayers go out to your wife.....

Great haul! Is the '52 hardtop in the background an old custom? Looks like it may have
    had a custom grille, at any rate? Plans for it?

2. Big Nick

Big Nick

You are really make use of that land! And to think I have a neighbor who asked me not to park my own running car in front of my house.

3. FRITZ

FRITZ
    BANNED

36ROKIT,
    the 52 is sold. had a 55 chevy grill in it, I have no idea why looks like a failed attempt at a custom.

Thanks for the kind words for my wife. It has been hard. its tough for a women to lose the things that make her a women. hair, boobs, etc.
    Imagine losing your dick !?!?! I'll tell ya. living through this makes you a
    better man and a better person. not owning 20 vintage show cars.

NIck;
    you need to get the hell out of New York my friend! it took me a while but its the best thing we did. id rather be poor here then in NYC.

FRITZ

4. Bless you...and thank God someone bought your 59 el camino before I jumped on it...I really wanted it but alas...I already have my allotment of rusty cars...one car has had all the rust replaced with shiny new metal [34 ford 5 window]but my teeny little 57 Lloyd sedan is barely sitting on it's unibody suspension..had to place a 2 by 4 above the rear springs where they just went through the trunk floor...got a ton of rust to fix on this baby.

Attached Files:

5. dirtydixon

dirtydixon

That dune buggy is awsome. I would love to have me one of them.

6. Big Nick

Big Nick

We are actually working on that!

7. R Frederick

R Frederick
    from illinois

If I did, I'd sure have more time to work on my cars. I think you're fast becoming a Hero.:D

8. FRITZ

FRITZ
    BANNED

Rocky! Love the 34. That little Lliyd looks like a fun project. I have done some work on Austin A40's and vintage Renqult's
    stick a Pontiac 389 in it! LOL, I still have 4 El Camino's PM me if you really want one.

I love Dune buggies, My Dad used to build them in the late 60's & early 70's when I was but a wee lad

Nick, You can stop by the KC area and check it out if ya like. I'll guide you around and show you the cool BBQ spots Buddie!

Oh,... I am not a hero, My wife is for all the cancer shit she has to deal with in life these days. I am just a guy that likes to build stuff like everyone else on this board with a hand me down tool box. as red green would say
    "we're all in this together, if the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy"

FRITZ

9. abone1930

abone1930

My wife made me privacy fence of an area in the backyard, it it trickles out it open for the scrap man:rolleyes: fit about 10 projects:D
    You put the bubble top on hold to collect rusty relics :D

10. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

Blessings and prayers to your wife, Fritz. I had great support at home through my cancer too. I know she'll be fine!

That dune buggy may be a Cheeseburgh, still a few around Tucson here.

11. FRITZ

FRITZ
    BANNED

I was doing customer jobs and had to stop working on the "Baja Bandeeto" for a little while. BUt its back in the shop and I am making body mounts and filming it again!
    FRITZ

12. monsterflake

monsterflake

i keep saying if i ever have another car, it'd be an el camino, 'cause i can put a wheelchair lift in the bed. however, i think i've used up my car-building favors with my buddies. but if you really need to make some room... ;)

13. Deadbird

Deadbird

Nice collection of rusty old Chevy tin. Sure you don't need a Delivery in the mix? :rolleyes:

Check out www.thesamba.com for a match to the V-dub wheels. I've found a bunch of stuff there.

14. BBYBMR

BBYBMR

If I did, I'd sure have more time to work on my cars.

Now that's some funny shit right there!

As a cancer survivor, please give my blessings to your wife. She'll be ok.

15. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

Is the 65 galaxie savable.

16. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I bought a 59 ElCamino the same color as the bluegreen one the day my first born was born in 1970. My wife even learned most of her driving skills in it wheeling around the back roads between Ogelsby, Crawford and McGregor Tx.

It looks like you have enough pieces there to build a few nice Elkies and others and still have some pieces left over.

17. FRITZ

FRITZ
    BANNED

I tried to sell the Galaxie rag top a few times but no takers, so I have been cutting it up and selling off the pieces

I drift over to the Samba from time to time, great site for flat 4 fans!

FRITZ