Register now to get rid of these ads!

Bolt on booster/dual chamber mc on 62 Falcon

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mthomson, Oct 15, 2010.

1. mthomson

mthomson

Hey fellow HAMBers. I'm a total noob here but am a regular Miataphile. Here's a link to a little description for anyone interested http://www.miata.net/motm/2007/thomson.html I'm picking up a sweet '62 Falcon wagon with a '66 200 from a Mustang and it's C4. I'm going to be installing hand controls to drive, the link explains why, and have read until my eyes bled about all things Falcon, even ordered the Falcon Handbook today. One of my first goals will be to convert the single pot mc to a boosted dual mc. I'm thinking that if I replace the original shock tower bracing with Classic Inline's export brace that I should have some more room for options there. Is there a direct bolt up replacement if I go that route? I've read about the Geo conversion, but wasn't a fan of hacking to make it fit.

This will likely be the first post of many, and I'll always try the search function/research first before asking stupid questions.

thanks in advance for any help,
    mark

2. mthomson

mthomson

3. rt66jt

rt66jt
    from York, PA

I suggest you check out TFFN. The Ford Falcon Network. The forums there are a wealth of Falcon info.

4. mthomson

mthomson

Thanks, I'll do that.

5. 62rebel

62rebel

Geo Metro units are a popular transplant; if you just need a dual res MC get one for a 67 Mustang. TFFN has lots of threads on brake upgrades, which on Falcons (or any single pot MC equipped car ) is a wise move.

post pics of your car. some of us are absolutely weird over falcons...

6. sdbcivic

sdbcivic
    from West Ga.

the 67 mustang dual bowl m/c bolts right in but you will need reducer adapters for the stock brake lines to bolt into the 67 m/c

there are companies that offer the booster m/c upgrades but get out your wallet!

7. mthomson

mthomson

Thanks for the reply. After the , tons, of reading I've done it seems that the Geo Metro booster/mc seems the most tested/accepted option for power brakes - even though I can't find an instance where it has been done on '62 or earlier cars.. I am open to looking into other alternatives if you don't mind posting links to the more expensive options.

mark

8. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

i went the geo route on my 65 falcon ! no butchering fairly clean setup and what a difference in feel and ease of mind that i have some brakes if i blow a line yet !

9. mthomson

mthomson

Thanks dirtbag!! My situation is a little unique in that I'm going to be driving with hand controls, due to using a wheelchair, so significantly decreasing pedal pressure is exactly what I'm looking to accomplish. I've got a Miata set up the same way, but since it already had power brakes it was a little easier install of the controls.

10. FalconMan

FalconMan
    from Minnesota

I have put 3 Geo masters in falcons. Everyone of them I had to cut the main hole bigger and relocate at least 2 of the bolts. So, what do you mean by no butchering ? It is not a plug and play swap ......

11. mthomson

mthomson