Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Finally My Hunnert Pics...like we need more :)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by travisfromkansas, Oct 13, 2010.

1. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Agreed. More than several cool shots!

2. nope he's from Grand Rapids,Michigan so is the bagged blue Chevy car thats behind his in the picts

3. thendrix

thendrix

(Please excuse my ignorance) The black car with the copper scallops (pic #9) is AWESOME!!!!!!

4. Travis. Nice job. The pics all look great! Hope you had some time to enjoy the show and not just working takeing pics all day. We must be related as my wife tells me I snore LOUDLY also.:eek:

5. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

Thanks!
    See, my memory is not what it should be. Both killer cars and that roadster on the trailer was pretty dang nice too! The coupe that they brought to Salina was equally as fantastic.
    Thanks a ton! I did spend way too much time shooting pics and not enough just enjoying b.s. time but it's a one day show, and I know I missed some cars again this year!

For the record, the reports of my snoring have been grossly over exaggerated, there is no verifiable proof that I single handedly changed the orbit of the moon with my snoring. I think Bobwop has overly sensitive ears, and that's why they were bleeding when he woke up :)

6. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

I kept wanting to go back to it all day, I just ran out of time.

7. resqd37Zep

resqd37Zep
    from Nor Cal

Greet Pictures. That blue Chev in the first set is the Shit!

8. Man... I thought I had seen all the good pic's from that show.

Thanks!

9. Spanish Fly

Spanish Fly

sweet pic thanks................................nice

10. Model A John

Model A John
    from wichita ks

11. Hellfish

Hellfish

He's from Chicago. Nice guy, but I'm blanking on his name right now. That car is even more impressive in person.

12. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

Hey thanks again folks! I've decided that I'm going to add 2 more shows to my schedule. So be on the lookout at the Hot Rod Revolution in Austin and the Mooneyes Christmas show in Irwindale CA:)

13. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks for sharing a great batch of photos. Those of us who are off the beaten path can never get enough of seeing what goes on out in the car world.

14. Sorry about the car ownership thing. Still don't know who goes with what car, but that one is killer. I still say when I grow up I want one that nice (I'll be 70 next time around). Your photo work is fantastic.
    The signage on my truck came because my wife said it was road kill low and it went downhill from there. It gets that chuckle reaction from most that see it. The guy that painted it laid on his side on my shop floor while he painted it. He is a real artist.
    Later,
    Dick

15. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

My goal is to document all of these shows that I can get to so you can almost feel like you were there. I try to make a small amount of money along the way to pay for web hosting and maybe someday to help pay for some travel.

I get a kick out of knowing that people in different parts of the country or even world can see a small window of what its like at these shows when they cannot make it themselves. I am closing in on 11,000 car show photos frm the last 4 years, and I don't anticipate slowing down any time soon.

And raising $ for childrens charities with the calendars I sell every year makes all of the miles, hours of computer time and 1,000's of dollars I've spent all the more worth it.

16. Straight Axle Steve

Straight Axle Steve

Stude Bus/Coach/Camper was Awesome though. It was part of the era.
    You had to get your cars to track somehow. The big Dodge Hauler got in. It was way cool too though.

17. carbon guy

carbon guy
    from indy

Thanks for posting my blue 27 T coupe, you have some great shots.

18. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

You're welcome and thanks!

19. bubba57

bubba57
    from k

The owner of that car Goes by Timmy P on here...

20. Pistnbroke

Pistnbroke
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That's Timmy P the cool thing is that car started as a 4 door you have to look at his post for hotrod night at Timmy P's

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 18, 2010
  21. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

hey - ya'll should know that Travis is a really good guy......
    outta the kindness of his heart he GAVE me calenders to sell at the Pile Up and this past weekend at the Cedar Rapids swap meet.

Not only did he take the time to take the pix......edit them....make a calender outta them - he then gives us the calender so we can sell to help out www.helpinghannahsheart.org.

VERY cool guy.

He seems to always be in a good mood too - that is a good thing in my book. And actually that means a lot more to me than just about anything.

Positive people are fun to be around and this guy has some good one liners as well as some good stories.

Always great to seeya man and we truly appreciate the effort that you put into this stuff - it is quite obvious that this is a passion of yours.

22. mustang9093

mustang9093
    from Indiana

Great Pics. I took over 200 photos at the show and still see cars here that I missed. My only excuse is that I must have been talking to some of the great people. We had a great time at Clinton and the Hunnert, THANKS to all involved!

23. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

wow! fantastic work!

24. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

And now I'm blushing, thanks John.

I am always in a good mood when it comes to cool cars and the cooler people that build, own or drive them. Just hope that tons of people buy the calendars this year and we raise a ton of money!

Here is the completely shameless link to the Calendar sale page again, they make perfect Christmas gifts for people into our hobby.

My lunch hour is over and I'm heading back to the day job....they do not share your view of my level of "good mood" haha.

Thanks again, everybody's kudos do mean a lot to me!

25. PORKCHOP76

PORKCHOP76
    from iowa

26. Excellent pics!!!! We need more!!!!