Register now to get rid of these ads!

stolen roadster on long island new york

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotroded, Oct 8, 2010.

1. Thanks larry and gang for posting it on your site

2. HomemadeHardtop57

HomemadeHardtop57

3. zmcmil2121

zmcmil2121

This sucks. My earlier post may have seemed joking but I was absolutly serious. It does suck and there is something you can directly do that you probably didn't think about. That is to hire a private contractor/investegator. It may seem over the top but this car sounds like it is worth it. I know that you can do that here, not sure about there. I would kill someone if they stole my car that was that special to me. No joke. If I bought a new car and it was stolen, who cares, there are hundreds more but that one has a story... unforgivable. Up in NY, there are plenty places to hide the body... Just saying.

4. Yeah that totally sucks. I can't imagine how
    Bumed out you must feel. Makes me
    Wonder if someone who reads
    The post on the car forums saw that you were going
    To be away and saw their chance. Terrible news. Good luck and hope you find it
    In the same great condition as in those badass pics.

5. At this point I'm just trying to stay positive and will start looking at th swap meets

6. That's all ya can do buddy! I've been looking thru eBay and Craigslist to see if anything familiar looking popped up.

7. joel torres

joel torres

instead of searching craigslist search craiglook it will search every listing you can set 200 miles or what ever
    http://craiglook.com/

8. 38mag

38mag

Ed,

Also post it on:
    <www.nationaltbucketalliance.com>
    and
    <www.nationaltbucketalliance.com>

Hope this nightmare ends soon
    Jim

9. 38mag

38mag

10. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

Search Tempest is better for craigslist. FYI

11. ed- if you can email me a copy of the flyer you have-i will post them up in the local speed shops and pass some out at a car show i am going to on sunday- PM sent

Last edited: Oct 14, 2010
  12. classicdreamer

classicdreamer
    from nyc
    1. A-D Truckers

I am in queens and will keep an eye out.
    On a side note I dont understand how someone takes a classic car with mods. You would have to change the entire car over in order to drive it around. Why not just build your own. Damn people are assholes!

Best of luck man, I will surely be looking for you!

13. DirtyThirty

DirtyThirty
    from nowhere...

I'll keep my eyes peeled, too, the idea of stolen hot rods is bullshit...
    I remember before this stuff was cool, I never even worried about this...nobody in their right mind wanted my junk, so I figured I was safe. It's sad that this is such a common topic right now. I no longer have a pinpoint location listed on any internet sight I'm on, either, nor am I posting pics of any surrounding landmarks, or such, when posting any cars/parts...it might seem anti-social and/or paranoid, but....

At any rate, we are only a couple hours away, so, we'll keep a look out...

14. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Ed...
    The Private Investigator is the best shot. I wish you had done that FIRST...

A customer of mine was a P.I., and former insurance adjuster. I had a 671 GMC blower and 2 hemi blower manifolds lifted from my shop, casually mentioning it to him. He said, "Let me nose around, maybe I can find them..."
    TWO DAYS LATER! Doug the P.I. came in, opened his trunk and there were my items.
    He asked some questions, made some inferences about "accomplices in a Grand Theft sit" and presto, two jerks got rousted, and I got my items back.

15. retro rodder

retro rodder
    from cape cod

hey in south eastern mass we got are eyes peeled. Also i heard something about a swap meet in conn this up coming weekend try there as well

16. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

Good and bad about posting it on here. If the asshats are on here, they know what you're doing Ed. If not, then I hope the HAMB helps you like they helped the owner of the Black Pearl.

17. Yes kev the hamb is more helpful than hurtful for sure.
    Its more like I need to keep my mouth shut till I get back and then tell about my shenangans. Instead of
    Oh yeah I'm leaving in two days for illinois. It was way stupid on my part but the bastards who ever they are need to give my car back this is way wrong. We will be combing the swap meets this weekend in hopes of finding some parts

18. Jay Ess

Jay Ess
    from New York

19. Unfortunately, the car is too unique to sell or use as a whole. Break it down, strip the paint off the body parts... sad to say but that's probably how its going. Keeping my eyes and ears open in Suffolk county.

Bob

20. joel torres

joel torres

ed im glad the lady contacted ya she asked me for details i couldn't give i'm spreading the word i already told a cop who works in far rock-away he said he was going to tell the boys to keep a look out for anything
    if your in long beach there are only three bridges out of there and one of them is loop parkway i don't think a truck with a trailer could use wouldn't it be considered a commercial vehicle so that leaves two escape routes
    there has to be a apt building,gas station, bar, ect.. on the main roads that have cameras on a dvr setup dvrs don't delet info right away they recycle the info on the hard drive by deleting oldest info first so a week should be on the there for a while
    i would go with flyers in hand and look for locations with outdoor cams and plead to ask to look at the time frames its not that much info to check

21. carlos

carlos
    from ohio

Seen on the news where people were posting on facebook where they were going and thieves seen it knew they werent home came in and robbed em while they were at the fuction they broadcast on facebook. Catchem and tie-em to the bumper and drag their asses

22. Skankin' Rat Fink

Skankin' Rat Fink
    from NYC

I imagine a car like that stolen on LI won't stick around long ... but I'll be keeping an eye out. I'll be at Flower Fields on Sunday.

23. ToddJ

ToddJ
    from Marion, IA

Goddamn, Ed! That fuckin' sucks! Not that I think it would make it's way out to the midwest, but I'll keep my eyes peeled anyways. So sorry to hear that, man!

24. BTB-Derby

BTB-Derby

Watching around this area also for you Ed. Best of luck in geting it back.

25. fortynut

fortynut

I worked for a repo-man in California. You guys amaze me. It takes so little to get a car out of a garage. It doesn't need to run. Just ask Harley owners whose bikes have been stolen. Thieves have been known to lift dressers up and carry them off. Cars roll. A team of two guys and a truck with a stinger that latches onto a car can be gone in the proverbial sixty seconds. Locks, like my Old Man used to tell me, are made to keep honest people out. Thieves are in business. You can say all the nasty things you want to about them. I know the feeling. I've had my stuff ripped off before, and the only way you can deal with the fall out is to decide what lengths you're willing to go to keep your stuff safe. Times are hard. A lot of parts are traded around for drugs, and guns. A hot rod in a chop shop is just another item to be dissected like a frog. And, like another old adage goes: parts is parts. Someone saw the car. They may have followed it and spotted where it was kept. Thieves are not stupid, at least not all of them. They take things for a living. They watch and take note of people's habits. They read the same papers, magazines, and know what is what, and are willing to invest time and energy to take what they want. The police are unable to stop them before the act. Maybe rent-a-cops who patrol vigilantly deter some of them. And after your stuff is gone, you know the odds of finding it go down by the second. I had my '37 Ford Coupe stolen. I caught the guy, in the act, before he could get away and pulled him out of the car and kicked his ass. The cops came and arrested him. They kicked his ass harder than I did. And, even told me his chances for getting jail time were next to nil. That was why they tuned him up. I testified in court. The justice system let him go. I won't say any more. There are no easy answers. I have a personal value system that won't allow me to knowingly buy anything that I have doubts about where it came from. I know it's the little things that make life meaningful. I also keep a shotgun handy. I have a badass dog. I know it's for my peace of mind. I doubt if a thief gives a shit, one way or the other. To them, everything is an obstacle to be overcome. Just be vigilant.

26. Ozzie

Ozzie

Even Sylvester Stallones Cobra car was stolen many many years ago (1994),He reported it stolen then all of a sudden popped up on a Mecum Auction website late last year...Sly's legal folks got on the case and the car was recovered. So there is HOPE!! I hope they find yours Ed, it's too original, and not like every other Hot Rod out there. I'm hoping for ya!

27. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

We can be our own worst enemies sometimes when it comes to making it too easy for thieves.
    Posting on boards that we are getting ready for a road trip. Posting photos of our car in front of the house. Not having adequate anti theft measures either on the vehicle or on our shop/garage. Having strangers come to the house for other reasons but letting them see what's in the garage. Even people you know sometimes talk too much. Your buddy yapping about your shop, tools and hot rod at the local bar.
    In this case probably being overheard at the weekend rod trot saying that you were going out of town for a week with the other car.
    Do you remember anyone you didn't know at the show paying too much attention to what you and your buddies were talking about when you mentioned that you were headed to The Pileup? Anyone in the group have shady friends? Anyone by the house in the past few weeks to buy a part that you had for sale that you might have mentioned going to Pileup to? Or the guy at the gas station on the way out of town?

28. I personally think it was somebody who followed me or was watching and waited till I went away . I know everybody knew I was going to the pile up cause I'm always seeing if anybody else is brave enough to make the jouney .
    I know theifs are doing there jobs, but who wants the car and for what,
    the body was steel and the engine was 347 stroked .
    other than that all the rest are just parts so I marked the motor and the mods on the body are exclusive to that body and bed so if anybody sees anything shoot me a picture and where it is and I will let you know right then
    thanks my crackberry is always on
    ed

29. Crafty B

Crafty B

Wow this sucks..My shop was broken into 3 months ago and it's a hard thing to get over...I hope you find the rod and the sob's that took it.

Crafty

30. 55chevr

55chevr

Bank vaults, museums, with the most sophisticated security systems get robbed. I don't leave my bikes or the 55 Chevy out front of the house for everyone to see. If no one knows where it is they cant steal it.