Register now to get rid of these ads!

Car Jacked

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Destralo Roach, Oct 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toner283

Toner283

If he took the car on promise of payment & then did not pay for it, IMO he stole it. Especially if he forged paperwork to put it in his name. Nothing false about that. when the police look into his activities & discover that he forged the signature on the title and that he had a friend go to the DMV with him & claim to be you he is in deep shit. falsifying/forgery on a government document is a big no no & impersonation with intent to deceive is also a baddie. The police will have fun with him.

Do you have a vehicle history report available to the public in WA? up here you can purchase a "used vehicle information package" for $20 with every previous registered owner on record up to the current one including the address the car was registered to with each owner & even including phone #'s IIRC. All you need to provide the licence office with are the year/make/model & the VIN. If you have such a thing it will give you the dude's current addy pretty quick. Just a suggestion.

One note of caution, if he has it registered in his name & you were to take it back, you might be the one up on grand theft auto charges even if you rightly own it. Might take some fast talking to avoid a jail cell in the short term. Are you friendly with any cops? maybe ask for their opinion on the situation.

2. That sucks. Yeah, you kind of screwed up. Could have been worse though. Man, I don't turn over a car (or anything else) until it's paid in full and I don't take possesion of anything until I have paid in full and all the paperwork is squared away. That being said, maybe your fellow HAMBers could help you locate the guy or the car. Post some pics. I hope you can get it all straightened out. Good luck.

3. Good advice.

4. Ebert

Ebert

At least this "smart ass" can fucking spell...last time I checked, you have to speak and write English to make things happen in this country. If not, the HAMB would be ALL AUDIO!

5. Or one could just learn how to properly use the English language... it's really not that difficult.

Have you contacted the "authorities" yet or does posting this sort of stuff on the HAMB come first when a person literally sets themselves up for disaster?

Very confusing... hope you get your car or your money... and I bet you learned a lesson.

6. Destralo Roach

Destralo Roach

Yeah, typing in the semi dark, works real well.

Thanks for the heads up on crome Rash, Ya have allways been a good Hamber!!

...Roach.

7. Ebert

Ebert

Back to what is important, you make a good point, Decker. There are a zillion old guys on the HAMB that truly want to HELP guys avoid the same mistakes that we have made. There are guys on here that have bought & sold a ton of cars and have dealt with all kinds of buyers, sellers and overall idiots.

I hate to see you learn this lesson this way, but I bet that if you had asked for some help on the HAMB in advance of your deal, you would get plenty of help.....I know I would help you!

8. Destralo Roach

Destralo Roach

I have bought and sold many cars and Motorcycles, but when you have some one who changes who they are, even you can get burnd, so the law in this state is funny, I still have to find the guy, hence the callout.......Roach.

9. Mastiff 107

Mastiff 107

Retired cop here. Report car stolen and title forged. Car will go into NCIC (National Crime Information Center). The cops will not go out and look for him but if he is ever stoped on the street they will snatch him and the car and you can go get the car. In the mean time go to small claims court and get a judgement against him so if he is picked up you can have him served before he can make bail.

10. dubcee

dubcee

Weird how all of these spell check wizards cant read!!!!!!!!!! I think it said... correct me if I am wrong, Local posters only!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe they read local posers only!!!!!! I reluctantly admit to knowing some Roadmen and they are pretty good guys, pm me some picks and I will see if I can find any thing out. I do know some of them bailed out of the Roadmen and hooked up with the black top rebels. By the way Rash is right Chrome is it... I hope another "LOCAL" post other than you hitchhiker and Mastiff107 is okay , but keep in mind the Roadmen are world wide, check out the www.roadmenworldwide.com and maybe you will find some of these douche bags! but I think MASTIFF 107 has the right idea

11. ArtGeco

ArtGeco
    from Miami

Wouldn't that be about 1 car?:D

Last edited: Oct 13, 2010
  12. henry29

henry29

He edited his post to add that after everyone posted,
    besides if only local people posted this would be buried ten pages back by now.

13. My only experience with the "roadmen" was this year at a local 3 day music festival in Seattle. On the last night, Saturday they were outside the venue drinking and threatening the door man(my friend) because he wouldn't let them in. They were basically like " we're the roadmen, we're on the list. Let us in" of course the weren't on the list.....

14. mj40's

mj40's

Let me clarify something. You gave him the title knowing that he would transfer it to so show off his steel working skills and drive it but you actually didn't sign the title over to him without getting a final $1000 payment. Hummmm! Still confused.

15. Kail

Kail
    from Austin, TX

You guys are a bunch of assholes, he doesn't need you to tear him apart because of his spelling and grammar.
    He posted on here hoping that some people who have a similar passion and that might have an ear to the ground could help him.
    He may have not gone about the situation the right way, it's true that the nice guy always finishes last, and its unfortunate that these days you can't count on someones word.
    I am sure that this scenario however it may play out, good or bad, I am sure he will learn a lesson on how to handle these type of situations in the future, no need to rub it in his face.

To the poster: I hope you have some sort of promissory note, something written signed and dated proving that he still owes you that $1000. Write him a letter to his last known address which I hope you have, send it certified telling him that you need that $1000 or he owes you the car back. Then take him to small claims court.

If you call the cops and tell them what happened, they most likely will tell you it is a civil matter and that there is nothing they can do. You may be able to get them to help but you will need to lie about the situation.

I hope the situation works out for you. Good Luck.

16. VenomousType

VenomousType
    from Atlanta GA

17. HRod 50

HRod 50

18. hitman912

hitman912
    BANNED

How many HAMBERS are from Puyallup WA? Like someone else said, if locals only were posting in here no one would ever see the thread...

19. Destralo Roach

Destralo Roach

20. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

American.

Lol had to be a smartass. I live in a glass house and still throw rocks.

21. This guy needs Johnny Cockring....FAST!!

22. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

he's the leinholder on the car, he still holds the paperwork, that would like financing a car and forging a title, the guy who forged it commited a felony. the title holder can still reposses the car, will probably need to get repossession paperwork, but the car is stolen since the title is forged, the police do need to get involved though, since a crime has been committed.

23. what a bunch of assholes! you have a fellow hamb member that trusted somebody and they cleary fucked him and you guys are concerned about his spelling! seems you guys have never had a vehicle stolen or trusted somebody's word on a car deal that they didn't follow through. i don't even know this hamb member but he is just trying to find a way to salvage a deal gone wrong so keep your ears open because somebody knows where that car is or has gone so speak up. Destralo Roach gonna be near impossible to help without pictures dude so help us help you with some pic's. good luck.

24. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

of course he does, he still holds the title, thats why you don't get that piece of paper until you're finished paying off a car, and the police will have to be involved since paperwork is forged, and his signature is forged, thats not a civil matter, thats a felony.

25. metalshapes

metalshapes

I agree.

Give the dude a chance to get this sorted out...

From here on out, Drama Posts will be dealt with.

26. To start off sorry you are out a grand but i dont know where you got the idea you had to sign the title over so he could drive it. collector plates still have a vehicle registration. You just got hit with a hard lesson, get paid in full before the car ever leaves your hands. With that said we need pics before we can help you try to locate the car or the guy driving it.

27. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

I think i know which jason your talking about. Did he use to work at dels farm supply in auburn?

28. chopt55bc

chopt55bc

why would you hope he's OK? he must be a beater if in the same sentence you suggest that maybe he ripped off other guys too.

29. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

for anyone who didn't read the thread, the guy forged the title, and got his buddy to pretend he was the original poster, thats a crime, this needs to be dealt with with the police.

30. 1320/150

1320/150

I still don't understand how you can keep an eye out for a vehicle without knowing what it looks like?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.