Register now to get rid of these ads!

Pissed In Texas!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BubbaLuv, Feb 7, 2005.

1. hankcash

hankcash

I'm in for $20!
    hc

2. Antibilly

Antibilly

Count me in for $50.00

3. BubbaLuv

BubbaLuv
    from Denton, Tx

i guess donations wil be accepted :)

4. Antibilly

Antibilly

Paypal address please Bubba

5. BubbaLuv

BubbaLuv
    from Denton, Tx

haha!:D

6. Antibilly

Antibilly

Bubba whats funny meho? Id like to send you Fitty buck via paypal.

7. hankcash

hankcash

And for real!
    I am in for $20.

This is what the HAMB is all about!

hc

8. BubbaLuv

BubbaLuv
    from Denton, Tx

thanks guys but i'm not asking anyone to send me money. i will however accept bids on a pair of my used bikini briefs seald in a zploc baggy. only worn once.
    let the bidding commence.:)
    b

9. furburger

furburger
    from TEXAS

I'm in for $20!
    B-Luv bikini briefs... priceless!

10. BubbaLuv

BubbaLuv
    from Denton, Tx

you beter post anintro furburger. i need to know who is bidding on my drawers!
    b

11. grass hopper

grass hopper

i used these guys on my A just a few months ago. worked out nice got me me title fast with in a week and it's shows my ride as a 1928. i say give them a call. there grate.

12. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

Could you go after the guy that has the same VIN as you? Just a thought if your numbers are on the motor, he would be the one that is committing fraud. I think that the body even came from Missouri, via Pork&Beaner.

Chris Nelson
    Kansas

13. JamesG

JamesG

Man if I was you, I would try to title it in Mississippi. I'm told that they will accept something wrote on a tortilla as a title.

Arkansas isn't too bad either.

Good luck man.

14. LoungeLife

LoungeLife
    from Tulsa

Are tortilla's common legal docs in Mississippi?

15. snortonnorton

snortonnorton
    from Florida

ask if texas has a "vin number identification form" that allows you to have a notary (i.e., friend who's a notorary) check the number outside of the DMV's control, get them to approve a number that show's it's pre 54 or whatever, then bring that in for a title?

16. texasgreazer

texasgreazer

I hate to say it but the wife would probably sell my dog for B-Luvs Bikinis. Hey at least I have a way to get her to the shows!!!!!
    TG

17. oldguy829

oldguy829

Didn't read all the posts, so this may be a duplicate.
    Had a friend (ahem) with the same problem. He bought a NY registration card for a 192....
    from a guy here on the HAMB. (He has hundreds from an old junk yard that closed) I think it was $125, some years are more. It came with the registration, a letter form NY DMV that quoted their law that pre 1974 vehicles didn't have titles, just registration. Also came with a blank "body number " tag, (that he later had a trophy shop engrave with the number from the title. )
    Went to DMV and asked for "title transfer only, no plates" Took 5 minutes, no questions asked. 10 days later the texas title came in the mail. Went in and bought plates. End of story.

18. Man, its starting to sound like Sweden, i thought we were the best at bureaucracy, but i guess you guys are catching up!
    We have to get inspection and emmision every year for 30y/o and newer, every other year 1951-30y/o, and just once for 1950 and older!
    And they have paperwork stored from the dawn of the automobile, but there are some loopholes left and ways around it!
    But its a consistant Bureaucracy and the same everywere so its easier to learn the rules!

19. Shifty Shifterton

Shifty Shifterton

DOH! Old thread.

Die thread, DIE!

20. Elrod

Elrod

This post is from 2 years ago...

21. 26TCoupe

26TCoupe

Yeah, it's true, I love working for the government!

22. ...you forgot that you dont have to know your role... AT ALL! I have NO idea how some of these ass-bags get their jobs. You have to spend half a day jumping through hoops because someone not smart enough to make a sandwhich doesnt know their job.

23. darling

darling

While you'll are on the subject of the Texas DMV have any of you'll had to deal with the new "Liarers Act" (Really ! this is what the lady at the DMV called it ) Now when you buy a used car or motor cycle you have to pay tax on the blue book value. So let's say your dear old auntie sells you her 1980 Chevy For $500.00 dollars . You have to pay taxes on the blue book value ! Case in point : I bought a 1984 Moto Guzzi for $2700.00 dollars but when I got to the DMV to change the title they charged me tax on $3400.00 dollars because that is the blue book value. I had a receipt from the motor cycle shop where I bought it but it made no difference ! They told me it was because all the undocumented people in our fine state are buying cars and trucks and then when they would go to pay taxes they would tell the DMV that they only paid $5.00 dollars for the car and then this is all they had to pay taxes on.