Register now to get rid of these ads!

1949 Ford Crash,Long Beach,Yesterday?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bad Bob, Oct 11, 2010.

1. JOEHOODS

JOEHOODS

well last time i checked this topic was about the concern for some fellow car buddys, one whom is a good friend of mine & my wifes,
    dan {passenger} ... yes, fractured pelvis & lower back.... legs & feet are pretty tore up, but for the most part hes ok....
    my prayers are with him and his wife, along with the driver {whom i dont know personally}
    im sure we are all concerned and wishing them well!
    if i hear any more i will gladly update...

joe

2. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

I think I'm gonna have to head south and force a groupe hug.
    Somthing in the O.c. watter?

As foir the topic of the post, do we know about the passenger? Is he insured? Do we need to start a fund?

3. Glad to hear he's okay....even if he's busted up pretty bad! Lucky man! Sure didn't look good.

4. Everything's okay in this side of the OC! Some people just try to get attention by posting BS on my threads....leaches,hahaha!

You start a thread about a bad situation,that turns out to be a friend,then the "drama queen" joins in!

Anyways......good to hear they are both gonna be okay!

5. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

They gotta throw rocks at the guy on top

6. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

Wow, just saw this post. I was at the Long Beach Swap Meet with the '49 earlier in the day. My prayers go out to all concerned.

7. JOEHOODS

JOEHOODS

yeah, i heard about it before i saw that video... so it didnt sound as bad as it did after i saw the video.... hes gonna be ok.... hes a good guy, crazy little fucker but a good guy.... and not to mention a lucky little fucker!! im sure hes glad to know everyones concered about him...

8. OLD CHEBBYS

OLD CHEBBYS

So sorry to see ANYONE injured, even worse a fellow rodder. Thoughts to all involved from all my fellow rodders here in New England.

9. KaddyKimber

KaddyKimber
    from Denver, CO

This is the last thing we wish upon anyone, I hope that everyone involved will be ok, my thoughts go out to them. Sad to see such a nice car go too. They are lucky to be alive after looking at that video.

10. You were the first guy I thought of,cause I can't see pictures at work! Then when I got home,I saw it was Daves Shoebox....Sad deal,huh! He's gonna be bummed about his car! Could've turned out much worse...

11. Joe,

Good point... I will agree with you and delete my post. this is about someone that seriously got hurt. I also received a phone call saying that Dan was pretty tore up but fighting the good fight.. I didn't think it was that bad, then the video came out.

12. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

Terrible news.....they said they are investigating is as a possible alcohol related accident. I hope they weren't referring to the custom driver.
    That would be a felony because of the injuries.
    That would be an awful charge.
    Lets hope that everyone is well soon with some aches and pains and the truck driver was the one drinking.
    Worst news of the past month....I feel terrible for all involved....:(
    My thoughts are with them tonight.

13. JOEHOODS

JOEHOODS

thanks! my main concern is my buddy.... after i got the txt pict of the car it changed the magnitute of this whole thing.... i just saw the vid about 1 hr ago... that made it wose....

im sure dan needs those edible arrangements made of "bud light" right about now!!

14. Mr.Musico

Mr.Musico
    from SoCal

thoughts are with all involved..hopeing for a speedy recovery

15. Skrap metal

Skrap metal

Our thoughts and prayers are with them, wishing them a speedy recovery.

16. rd martin

rd martin
    from indiana

wakes you up when you see that shoebox, hope everyones going to be ok.

17. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

Thanks for thinking of me. Funny, I was in Long Beach at the swap meet with the '49 too. Hard to watch the video with all the damage.

18. flynstone

flynstone

man i feel bad for both, hope you heal quick............

19. Wow, that's just horrible to look at. Nobody deserves that. I definitely do not know the reasons for the crash, but i think i can speak for alot of people when i say that things like this actually is a wake up call for not drinking and driving. NOT saying that is the case here, but since it has been implicated, that alone makes you wake up and think.
    I sure hope the guys are gonna be ok after the recovery. You can always build another car, but you can't build another body!!

20. KIRK!

KIRK!

Geez, just disgusting. Get well guys!

21. Johnny1290

Johnny1290

With those injuries the passenger will be out of work for a significant amount of time. More or less he won't be able to do much of anything by himself while he heals.

I can't begin to imagine the financial and emotional toll this crash will take on both families.

Prayers going out to all involved.

22. banditomerc

banditomerc

I'd see that cool car some mornings on his way to work in downey.Hope he and passenger come thru O.K., the car can be replaced.

23. Racrdad

Racrdad

Cars can be replaced, people cant. Hope everyone makes a speedy recovery.

24. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

Concerns and prayers going out from here as well. That trophy wasn't the only thing dashed. Still amazed (grateful) and relieved that all lived through this.

25. Lessons learned!!

26. Hope everyone is ok, and a speedy recovery to all involved.

27. chip chipman

chip chipman

Was told this morning about what happend. Then I seen the video. Two very lucky people to still be alive. Our cars are not up to todays saftey standards, and it lookes like this car had no seat belts. We all need to step back and think how we can protect ourselves,loved ones and freinds when in our rides. We don't need to hear any more news like this. Bad Bob , don't let the small stuff get to you Man, It will make your hair turn grey. Opps to late!!!!!

28. Troyz

Troyz

that video is disturbing. I'm amazed the passenger lived. It's a shame about the car, but it can be replaced. i hope these guys heal fast and don't have to suffer legally.

29. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Hoping all will be well.

30. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

That car's REALLY jacked-up :eek: !! It's amazing that they lived through it - someone's watching out . Hoping for a 100% recovery .