Register now to get rid of these ads!

New Project '27 RPU

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Itchy-Pit, Oct 5, 2010.

1. Itchy-Pit

Itchy-Pit

Here we go. Thought I would share my new project.

Answered an ad not knowing what to expect. I was in the area so I thought I would have a lookie. Turns out this was a father and son project that never really happened. Dad wanted to keep it stock - son wanted to hotrod it. Since I was wearing a Madera warbirds t-shirt the gent makes a remark about Army fly boys can't fly worth a damn. I asked politely, sir you said that like a veteran. Turns out, he was a Marine pilot. I askied about his favorite bird and he replied "Corsair". Really? When I asked what squadron he said "214." I grew up with Baa Baa Blacksheep latenight reruns. He again chimed in - "yea, I flew with Boyington. Best pilot I ever knew - but he drank too much." unreal.

So here's to you Mr. Lewis! Thank you for your service! And I will get this 'ol girl going again so we can take a ride soon!

D:D

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 5, 2010
  2. flyin flattie

flyin flattie
    from Redmond OR

3. VonKool13

VonKool13

That is a really cool story, and the best of luck with the build.

On a side note, DAMN those T's are tall...the frame is almost to your waist!

4. j1927t53

j1927t53
    from colorado

Nice project! Good luck with the build. I love the T's