Register now to get rid of these ads!

Heading back to Hershey...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Oct 7, 2010.

1. 50shoe

50shoe

Was there yesterday and will be back tomorrow. There really is nothing like it.

2. RGG

RGG

I am going to have to make the trip next year! Please post some pics...

RGG

3. Anderhart Speed

Anderhart Speed

Just got back. Was there about 630 this morning, by 9am I found a piece (tank filler panel) that I was on a mission for, and a piece (header panel) that I was just hoping to find. Both in damn near mint condition, just a little bead blaster work and they're ready for install. And I got both for less than the one piece repops for. Love hershey. Gotta a busy weekend planned so I walked around some more, called it quits around 2. Now on to work on the coupe!!!

4. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

Scary Larry - Sorry I missed ya walking down the isles!
    Zach- Thanks so much for the killer shirt and the Dew!

To the rest of you guys, hope to catch you next year if they send me out for 'work' again. We were buying truck loads of stuff like old car parts, metal signs and oil cans. All these items are gonna be props in "Carsland" (at Disney's California Adventure), which opens in the Summer of 2012. You'll be able to see what we bought at Hershey then! :cool:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cars_Land

5. F&J

F&J

That's the truth. Last years thread had most guys saying they did the ENTIRE swap in one day. :confused: :rolleyes:

39 years ago was my first trip. One field only back then. You had time to zip through quick looking for bigger popular parts, and then had plenty of days left to go through every small box under every table....found some really cool stuff that way.

Years later when it got WAY too big, you had to go down the center of each isle and hope you spot "something that goes to your car" and then stop to check that space closer.

6. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

I'm still in Hershey!!

7. 5window

5window

I went Thursday-had a great time. I hit about 98% of the flea market and 75% of the car corral before I died but I was moving-nothing on my list, I just looked and bought whatever caught my fancy. I drank close to 2 gallons of liquid and didn't cramp up the way I do some years, but I donated a lot of quarters to the bathroom folks,too! I agree there's not much for food-but I got a cheesesteak from Lou's that was pretty good-and for $8 for a walkaway sandwich it should have been. Hope for more time next year.

8. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

Heres some pics of Hershey find and where its going.NOS right front fender for my 47 Olds fastback.THe 303 is going in it also.Now if I had a nos trunklid,all my bolt on sheetmetal parts will be nos.Ive had this car for 30 years,restored it ,drove a little and has been sitting for roughly 24 years.I think its time to wake her up.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 9, 2010
  9. SUHRsc

SUHRsc

Your welcome... too bad there wasn't extra time to show you some local scenery..

maybe next year!

10. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

Friday night and I just got back.I did ok .Walked the whole place in the last 2 days ,Like always worth the trip.....My feet still hurt ,Met a few Hambers there and they were great ,I wore my 2 hamb t shirts for the 2 days ,Also tried to recruit anybody asking me what Hamb stood for.All in all another good year

11. Deuce3wCpe

Deuce3wCpe
    from New Jersey

NOS left front fender for a 47 Olds fastback...still in the factory wrapper!! Unbelievable, but that's what makes Hershey what it is...cool stuff like that everywhere.

One thing I forgot to mention...as tough as it is trying to cover that whole place, the fact that it is ALL blacktop now is an absolute godsend.....I remember those years of slogging through flooded cow pastures with mud half way up to your knee...one time it pulled the work boot off my foot and I was standing there with my sock on.

Maybe the wind was blowing the wrong way, but I don't remember that distinctive chocolate factory smell in the air this year........

12. F&J

F&J

they are closing the plant, I read yesterday on a news site :(

13. Clark

Clark

I've got a right side NOS Olds front fender....need it?

I had a great Hershey. Sold some stuff and bought some cool stuff.

Got a 32 Chrysler grill, a set of lyons wheel covers for 35 wires, and 3 really cool steering wheels.
    Clark

14. Deuce3wCpe

Deuce3wCpe
    from New Jersey

How the hell can they close the Hershey factory that's in Hershey?? Don't tell me...they're gonna make Hershey Bars overseas now. If I ever pick up a Hershey Bar and it says "made in china" on the back I'm gonna spit.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2010
  15. sawzall

sawzall

Friday was awesome!
    Sorry I missed ya jay

going to the carshow in a few min for the first time in 10 years!

16. I'm glad to report that the new factory will still be nearby in PA. The bad thing is 500 people will loose thier jobs. Being replaced by a machine must really suck. But thats' what is going on. At least it's not going "south of the border". Harley Davidsons' York, PA plant was going to move to Wisconson, Now they're staying but 1/2 the jobs are gone:(.

17. scarylarry

scarylarry

Now I'm REALLY grumpy I missed you! Selling signs/weird prop stuff is kinda my thing! :)

18. v8muscle

v8muscle

Took my Dad on Thursday and Friday, first time for me, second for him (about 25 years ago). He has some difficulty getting around so he didn't get to see as much as he wanted. But he met a lot of people while he was sitting and got some great stories. Even at 81 and cranky as always, it was good to travel with him and see his interest peak when he saw some mid 30's Fords like he had as a teenager. :)

I even saw my dream car (non-HAMB) good thing I didn't have the $$$

Bill

19. Went Friday, beautiful day, bought a tall Weiand, legs still hurt and this is Sunday night.

20. huffreport

huffreport

This was on a table at Hershey... looks like it was probably a Studebaker styling study. I like the lines on this thing! Couldn't resist sharing...

[​IMG]

21. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

Old post and This irritates me ,October is the next Hershey ,I still cant wait ..............Where else are you gonna see a Brewster.......

22. Cris

Cris
    from Vermont

The guy was asking 50k earth dollars for that model.