Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Speed Junky's '34 Ford pickup truck thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SPDJNKY, Dec 15, 2009.

1. I was at the shop today and forgot a camera.
    The rear of the frame is about done now. It is looking so good I dont want to cover it up with a bed floor:eek: The main roll bar hoop is in and the cab is almost ready to be mounted. The cab mounts are done too. Their kickin butt on it.

2. Mat Thrasher

Mat Thrasher

You forgot your camera what kind of excuse is that? I'm impatiently waiting.

3. Back half of the frame is done and all the rear suspension. Woo Hoo!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Main hoop of roll bar is in as well as the rear section of the 8pt cage. The roof will get notched for the roll bar to come out of. Door swing outs are next. Getting closer to getting it on all fours.:D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Whoa! Bitchin'!

6. VonKool13

VonKool13

7. Chris5.7ltr

Chris5.7ltr

Loven this build mate it has come a long way, keep at it!!

8. dentisaurus

dentisaurus
    from Boston

top notch stuff

9. Thanks guys!
    I am real happy with it so far. I want this one to be a keeper. HRCC does killer chassis work!
    Now I need to step up my skills and do a good job on the rest of the build when I get it home.;)

10. Mat Thrasher

Mat Thrasher

Looks Killer, I like how they tackled the rear bars.

11. AHotRod

AHotRod

What a awesome build .... Killer truck!

12. Thanks Glen, and thanks for answering my question regarding Lime Squeeze! Hope to see you guys down at Billetproof in a couple years if I can get this thing done. It's on the list of many stops for the truck.:D

13. dmw56

dmw56

Truck is looking great, Brian. I love that crossram!

14. Thanks Don. I'm gonna try and prove the nah sayers wrong and build a fast motor with it:D. Hows the 34 coming along?

15. Cshabang

Cshabang

nice update...cant wait to see more

personally, I love the fact that youre running an FE...My 66 F100 will be running a stroker, with 6 deuces on it. My father is heavy in the FEs, and growing up with them around i use to bust his ass about my big compression small block eating up his boat anchors....Ive been eating my words for awhile now..hahaha

16. As of now it will be getting a stroker crank, aluminum heads, Hughes magneto, HRCC headers, etc. With the TKO600 and 9" and locker with a bigger gear it should be a fun truck at the strip.

I've been getting some flack for running a "boat anchor" too, but with aluminum heads and aluminum intake it's been put on a diet:D.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2010
  17. Cshabang

Cshabang

actually, most people dont realize that with the aluminum diet they arent much heavier then a small block...Im hoping to run a 5 or 6 speed behind mine so i can run a steep gear out back...my truck will be a bit heavier though haha, Ill just have to make more power...

18. dmw56

dmw56

I bet just replacing the cast iron intake with an aluminum sheds 100lbs. :D

19. I'll bet between the intake and heads it is every bit of 100lbs. The front axle got drilled this week too. Thats probably only 1lbs though:D

20. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

Actually 3.5. :D

21. Thats what I like about you guys, you're always looking for that extra edge. haha

22. A few more progress pics. Roof is back on, 3rd member and axles are in, drive shaft is in, and front axle was drilled. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

23. Mat Thrasher

Mat Thrasher

Looking good Brian. Looks like you're going to be spring behind? It's going to be low!! I know on mine with spring behind and a dropped axle I had to drop the crossmember down a couple of inches.

What's did your wheelbase end up at? Mine ended up around 115". I had to push the grille shell forward 5-1/2" to fit a BBC. I'm sure the FE is close to the same.

24. Yep, it's spring behind. I am not sure on the wheelbase. I didnt measure it yet.

25. Flop

Flop

i like that work on the frame nice job man!!

26. Anyone running a heater in their 32-34 cabs? If so which one?

27. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

Vintage Air Heater. Best bang for the buck, comes with everything you need and easily hidden under the dash. 12,000btu

28. Should have known you would know. :D

29. Great build, can't wait for more updates! :)

30. Mat Thrasher

Mat Thrasher