Register now to get rid of these ads!

Two Lane Blacktop rare photos

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jalopy junkie, Dec 10, 2008.

1. gearwood

gearwood

Yes, That is Burts Burger in Santa Fe, still looks almost the same taday.

2. Sscott55

Sscott55
    from Ojai

Burts Burger today

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. gearwood

gearwood

4. How many of these '55s were built?

I see two on that car carrier and one on the ground, that's three.

And then... which one is which?

That restored one with the wrong fan, carburetors, linkage, manifold etc. isn't the main car that was turned into the AG '55, is it?

Sam

5. there were 3 a single 4barrelw/air for a camera car and 2 star cars (one of these is the restored car) i think

the restored car is NOT the AG 55 the AG 55 is appearently a gold chainer type car somewhere in cali now

6. bullittrob

bullittrob
    from london

7. Brawlin 69

Brawlin 69
    from Tennessee

You must be from San Francisco and are ashamed of that to down the Oakland Raiders and to mention gaaaay in the same paragraph.

8. poncho62

poncho62
    BANNED

Adam 12 episode........

[​IMG]

9. biscaynes

biscaynes

this is the '55 where the TLB camera car doors were found....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. yetiskustoms

yetiskustoms

wow, cool pix and info..thanks!

11. go-twichy

go-twichy
    BANNED

the pics. are more interesting than the movie! and yes he was a super star, a very mellow one though. he played the electric pellow.zzzzzzzzzz

12. yetiskustoms

yetiskustoms

love this picture. hardcore feel

13. RoddyB34

RoddyB34

,,,,,,,,,K-Mart,,,,,,

14. Weedburner

Weedburner
    from Wa State

TLB is on Directv tonite, ch 541 at 12:15 on pacific coast...

15. Jay Tyrrell

Jay Tyrrell

One thing that I have always wondered about is how the doors of the camera car ended up in London, Ontario on the Wild Plum car? Walt B. supposedly bought the camera car out in Western Canada?? It is really weird that just the doors on this car would have made a 5000km trip across Canada?

16. Jay Tyrrell

Jay Tyrrell

By the way! Here is the original TLB car that of course is in American Graffitti style now. It definatley has a 90s feel to in when you look at the engine but this is the real deal. Still has all the original suspension that was installed by Ruth when it was built for the movie TLB. Check the video out. When he launches it in the parking lot it actually sounds pretty close to the launches in the movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziBlpNVDcxM

Baron likes this.
  17. Rehpotsirhcj

Rehpotsirhcj
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Sweet! Thanks for the heads up.

18. ausbuick

ausbuick

great reading guys. very very cool

20. Jay Tyrrell

Jay Tyrrell

Here is another picture of the TWO surviving cars and the GTO from the movie TLB. This picture was taken just before the movie was shot.

The 55 chevy in the middle is the star of the movie TLB. It was the one that was used for the movie exterior shots. It is the one that a lot of us fell in love with as it was launched and drag raced in several of the movie scenes. I love that M22 transmission. It sounds awesome!! The 55 in the middle also is the the one that was later on used in the film American Graffitti and it is the same 55 chevy that is in Baltimore MD and is owned by Denny Moran today.

The 55 chevy with all the camera scaffolding all over it was used for the interior shots of the actors. This is the same one with the fake carb mounted on the firewall to look like a tunnel ram set-up and had an air conditioner installed in it for the actors. Walt B. has dumped a lot of money into this car and has done a real nice job turning this car back into a clone of the original exterior shot 55 chevy car that was the real star of the movie.

63836c2f4e7970f32412b457db9a6ad5bc78fcac.jpg

Last edited: Nov 26, 2011
  21. Great thread and very cool film. I couldnt remember how many times ive watched it.
    Some great action scenes. Some just plain strange scenes also.

Any threads on the movie HOT ROD with the Willys? Another very cool film.

22. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

That car just sounds wicked.
    BTW, somebody tell the guy that's dancing in the video that The Partridge Family called and want their hair back.

23. Jay Tyrrell

Jay Tyrrell

Dude I know! WTF! I bet he never thought that would be posted on the internet! Poor bastard! Still, he is just F'ing around with his buddies and I bet if we had cameras on us at different points when we were hanging with our buddies I am sure we might look stupid too doing things that we might not want posted later on on the net. lololol. I am for sure guilty of that lolololol :)

However with all that said that car even though it is in not the original TLB condition and AG condition it still is the real deal. A lot of people have given this guy flack for not having it in the exact condition that it was in when it was in TLB or AG. I love the fact that he put a back seat in the car so that he could drive his buddies around in it. I also love the fact that when he fires it up in burns oil and smokes. Shows that it really hasn't been messed with too much since Ruth built it for the movie.

24. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Man, he really screwed that car up. I mean... American Graffiti script on the BROWN valve covers? WTF

25. Jay Tyrrell

Jay Tyrrell

At least it is just cosmetic! It is not like he is running 17s or painted it pink or something dumb like that. lolololol

26. GrizzGang

GrizzGang
    from D/FW

The Hilshier vette is exactly as it was . Bill's daughter Cindy owns Texas Raceway in Kennedale and pulls it out once a year at Bill's memorial race.

27. 60 ford

60 ford

Great post. I really like the photos, I can't get enough .

28. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

I have a small or med somewhere:D

29. terryr

terryr
    from earth