Register now to get rid of these ads!

Andy Griffith - "Hot Rod Otis"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Verbal Kint, Sep 26, 2010.

1. Deuces

Deuces

That car would look better with the tear drop scoop... :D

2. rrbrucea

rrbrucea

Ain't it the truth! :D

3. I had to pick my finished hair cuts from the big poster like on floyds barbersop wall ..
    Short shorter and shaved
    CLIP... BUZZ.... ITCH

4. Love watching the reruns again to see all these great vehicles...:D

Attached Files:

5. Otis...

Attached Files:

Attached Files:

7. It's a 33

BTW,I love the show because it always had a moral,, something lacking in today world .

Maybe you just needed to be raised in the South in a small town to appreciate the story lines,, :rolleyes:

Everyone was treated with respect ,,even the town drunk,,and who doesn't know a lovable know-it-all like Barny or a misguided fellow like Goober.

Floyd Larson has always reminded me of my barber,,only his name was Thrasher. HRP

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 28, 2010
  8. SlamIam

SlamIam

Man, what a concept, a show that teaches a moral, instead of the crap on TV today. I love to watch these old shows.

9. hbwoody

hbwoody

Franklin Canyon and the real “Myers Lake” location where the opening credits for The Andy Griffith Show were filmed at 2600 Franklin Canyon Drive, Beverly Hills, California
    You can only go one-way around the lake and that’s staying to the right. When you start around the lake….stop at the first parking area and walk over toward the wooden railing. Looking down from the road you’ll see an area of dirt….that’s the area where Andy and Opie walked. If you get past the wooden railing…you’re too far. The other side of the lake is where Howard was fishing for “ole Sam”.
    The house that’s on the right before you go across the dam is the game wardens office when Andy and Helen went fishing without a license and had to pay the fine.

10. Tat-2

Tat-2
    from SoCal

The show was filmed at Desilu Studios which is LOOONG gone...

Wally's garage was right across the road from Gomer Pyle's Marine base..That's why you only saw the one view of the fillin station...

I am sure the car is in some storage facility somehwere...

11. mart3406

mart3406
    from Canada

------------------------
    I think (and truly hope :eek:) you meant "moral"
    A morel is an edible, mushroom-like fungi!!!:D

Mart3406
    ==================

Attached Files:

12. That's just un-American! :eek:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AG2wTxnsxDo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AG2wTxnsxDo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

13. Thanks for pointing out that I can't spell worth a crap!:D HRP

14. What he said!!!:D

15. Muttley

Muttley

Sorry, to me Don Knotts will always be Mr Furley.

16. And I supose Opie will always want more Vodka!

17. John Stimac

John Stimac

Here is a pic of the very same car as it looks today. I owned it back in 93, it was featured in American Rodder, and made their yearly best. It was built into a street rod by Jack Pressy in Denver maybe 18 or 19 years ago. The car can be seen in an old Katheryn Hepburn movie-Alice Adams, and I think also in a Monty Clift, Elizabeth Taylor movie, The sun also rises?
    Stimac

Attached Files:

18. killerbees

killerbees
    from mo

Anyone have a cb radio like they had sittin on the dest in the sherriff office? I think it was an ico brand.

19. Stone

Stone

Thats what I'm talking about. Around here people know episodes by heart.

20. Hey John... Thanks for giving me a ride in it before you sold it... I didn't know it was the Otis car!

I was wondering what happened to it!

That was a sweet and smooth running car... and you had a lot of them!;)

21. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wow...cool to know what happened to the "Otis hot rod"...thanks John.

I remember that episode too...found myself envious of Otis...LOL.

I'm with the guys who liked the show for its message of respect and consideration and all that other good stuff. Remember the one where Andy explains to Opie why it was best to let the wild birds free that he had raised from babies? Opie was a little upset, but dad helped him to understand. Andy and Opie are on the porch. After Opie let the birds out of the cage, he said, "Gee Pa...the cage sure seems empty." And Andy replies, "Yes, but don't the trees seem nice and full." Thats the kind of stuff that's missing in today's tv shows. To a lot of young people today, that just doesn't seem "cool"...they don't realize just how cool it is...and how uncool the messages are today...teaching kids to be mean, harsh, selfish, foul-mouthed...

22. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

Well said ...

23. Now, I wonder what became of Lumpy Rutherfords 40 Ford
    "Hey, there's Eddie and Lumpy. Let's go give 'em the business."
    "Cut it out, Eddie, or I'll sock ya one."
    And how come 8 year old Larry Mondello had a 65 year old mother???

24. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

You aint as smart as you think you are either,around here thems called
    Dry land fish (seriously):p...:D...;)
    [​IMG]

25. I have to agree with these sentiments also.

I grew up here in the antipodes (Land of Oz) in the 60's and we received this and a lot of other US sourced sit-coms and movies. My wife and I have purchased some of these shows now released on DVD.
    I enjoy them very much just like I enjoy all of those old Ma and Pa kettle movies among others.

There was always a moral in these stories as stated above. Now we have shows which portray so much which is unhealthy and downright evil dressed up as good fun and good times. It doesn't end there either. Ever listened to the music the kids are into these days. I am coming to grips with "Death Metal" right now. I don't like what i hear or what I read about that movement. Little wonder why parents struggle these days to keep their kids on the straight and narrow.

26. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hahahahahaha! Funny you mention Lumpy's car. Sir Woosh and I sometimes quiz each other on old tv trivia...he recently asked me what Wally's first car was, what his dad drove, and what Lumpy drove. I think I failed the quiz.

27. historynw

historynw

Boy thats sure nice.

28. Sometimes this place gets the warm fuzzies just like Mayberry.;)

29. mart3406

mart3406
    from Canada

------------------
    ....and other times, it gets just plain
    weird, like the 'Twilight Zone'!!!! :eek::eek::D

.....and back in the 50's there was even
    Ozzie & Harriet's favourite television show
    - 'HAMB TV'!!!! (For proof, see the pic on post
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showpost.php?p=5526956&postcount=7584
    !!! LOL :D:D)

Mart3406
    ===========================

30. Ralph Moore

Ralph Moore

Love that 55, my first car was a 55 Mainliner, When I wasn't driving it I was watching Andy Griffith.