Register now to get rid of these ads!

Bomb squad car club phoenix

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kerry67, Sep 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kerry67

Kerry67

We had our first "official" meeting last night to go over logo selection and to take a couple pics. One car missing due to brakes being out......Looking forward to getting together with other clubs in the area. We are in the Mesa, Chandler, Queen Creek area of Arizona.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Nice cars,good luck on the club..ya know that 56 wagon would look good two tone blue/white,just a thought....................

3. Kerry67

Kerry67

Blue & white....Now where have I seen that ?

4. Congrats. Keep me posted on any up coming events.

5. Kerry67

Kerry67

You got it Tim.....How ya been ?

6. brady1929

brady1929

can you discuss the club a little? can anyone join? do you have to have a drivable car to join? thanks
    brady

7. Kerry67

Kerry67

Brady, We are a laid back club made up of friends. We want no drama, a LOT of fun and have a good time with it. As for new members, we are in no hurry to get big too fast. We want to make sure we have a good group of guys. Anytime you want to hang out, let us know. We are always looking for good people to cruise with and hang out with. And if you are a good fit and everything looks good, the club could have a new member. Shoot me a PM and I'll send you my number.

8. Invicta

Invicta

Good Times Great Oldies!

9. Hey Kerry,
    Who owns the 64 GP? Looks like a good group of cars. Keep in mind attending my 9th annual Nostalgic Show & GO! at Speedworld April 3.

Also, will have my 61 Catalina Safari on the road soon. Maybe will join ya at some gathering.

take care,
    Steve
    www.nostalgicshowandgo.org

10. Invicta

Invicta

That Buick is Beautiful!

11. Kerry, I have been good. Busy as hell with the new job.

Hey, next time you talk to Rex, let him know I'm ready for him to lay down some lines. Need to get an idea on cost?

Take care bro and see you soon.

12. Kerry67

Kerry67

Tim...PM me your number and I'll pass it on to Rex.

13. Kerry67

Kerry67

Well, here is our first try at a logo. Going to make some changes but we are getting there.....

Attached Files:

14. Looks killer!

15. You are definitely on the right track with that mindset. Ten is more than enough..

16. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

Looks an awful lot like the Korsairs CC logo, even the same lettering and colors. Maybe its time to go back to the drawing board!

Attached Files:

17. Invicta

Invicta

Simular but not the same, Knuckle head lettering and a bomb, A popular combo but this is ours.

18. Invicta

Invicta

Plus, They are from Dallas, We are from Phoenix. Who cares.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2010
  19. Kerry67

Kerry67

Actually I have a revised version that looks better and is more clear.

20. Kerry67

Kerry67

Similar, but not so close that it is a copy.

21. Bloody Hell

Bloody Hell
    from Spring, TX

I care......thats who cares. Thats too damn close to what we have been running for several years. Nobody else is using a bomb with wings, nobody else is using similar font, and antique gold over black. Seems that everything looks like our logo except the spelling of your club name.

And its HOUSTON, not dallas.

Be respectful and change it.

Nice cars, but you my friend need to adjust the "who cares" portion of your attitude.

22. Bloody Hell

Bloody Hell
    from Spring, TX

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

you be the judge

[​IMG]

Just in case you need a t-shirt design. This was first draft.

23. Area56

Area56
    from Oklahoma

As a bystander who doesn't know either of you, the only thing that looks similar to me is you both have a bomb with wings in the logo. People put wings on everything, I can't say that I'd be confusing the two.

It 'could' look more similar if the new guys filled in the font, but as an outline, it looks different enough.

Now if you're still running the logo that was on the T-shirt, well it's silly stupid how much of a copy it is and they should change it, but your newer logo is, well, the bomb.

24. Bloody Hell

Bloody Hell
    from Spring, TX

The font is filled in, just a little on the light side. Shaded more so than filled.

25. Bloody Hell

Bloody Hell
    from Spring, TX

I talked to the artist of our logo yesterday, and he said he will gladly let you use the logo if you would like to pay him for the art.

26. Hot Rod Michelle

Hot Rod Michelle

Where's the Bombs?????

27. Its actually a common/popular and OLD concept. Is your artist claiming he came up with the concept or their actual drawing? :cool:

http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&safe=off&q=bomb with wings&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi <<<<<< that link is "bomb with wings" search on google.

The pic below VVVVVVVVV is a WWII medal. :rolleyes: The second pic is a bomber logo from 1943. Take off the beek and its the same deal.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 3, 2010
  28. Bloody Hell

Bloody Hell
    from Spring, TX

ummmmm. I am referring to the art they are showing off that looks loosly similar to what we have had for years.......

Thanks for the history lesson. We actually did some research to come up with our logo. And we based it after the WWII stuff. And thanks for the google link. You really should look into going into law as a profession. You seem to be acting in a defense lawyer aspect here.

And thanks for taking the thread in a whole new direction.

29. What you guys have looks loosly similar to THOUSANDS of logos before yours. Your point? You can't claim a drawing as yours if you didn't draw it or even come up with the concept.

If you don't want other peoples opinions, don't post in a PUBLIC forum, send him an PM.

A hand drawn interpretation of an old concept being sued by another hand drawn interpretation of an old concept, won't get you anywhere. Kerry, use yours and care less about this pissing match. Tell this guys "artist" to piss off. Besides, I like the Bomb Squad logo better anyway.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.