Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hit by a Drunk Driver after Billetproof.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by M.Edell, Sep 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. M.Edell

M.Edell

hmm..Rockabilly Def Leppard..Could work...lol

2. Vance

Vance
    from N/A

3. M.Edell

M.Edell

thats awesome Vance..Thanks! I was wondering about how I would manage that..lol...

4. Vance

Vance
    from N/A

Wonder no more! The power of the HAMB will prevail!!!

5. g-lover51

g-lover51
    from Dallas Ga

Glad to hear you are alright. Thank God for that

6. racer756

racer756

Your going to need bleachers in your front yard for all the HAMB'ers :)

7. M.Edell

M.Edell

Right on!! :D

8. buickbelle

buickbelle

I am glad you are out of the hospital. Drunk drivers are nothing more than a boil on the butt of humanity.

On that note, a similar event happened in Illinois over the weekend, only the couple that were injured was hit while driving thier restored Karman Ghia. The lady was released from the hospital on Monday, (broken wrist, ankle and contusions) but her husband is in a durg induced coma after several hours of surgury, all of the ribs on the left side are broken, but the main concern is the head injury he sustained in the crash, the surgury was to open the scalp to allow any further swelling of the brain. He is listed in Critical condition, so it is very serious indeed.

Please keep Bob in your prayers. This is a friend of a friend who recently lost her husband, the man injured, did some work on thier car, at no charge, so my friend could supply his car for the Paul Bearers at his funeral. A true car guy.

Carrie

9. falfas55

falfas55

Glad your ok. Hope you get things worked out on getting a lawyer. The drunk should be beat with a cane.Once again ,glad your OK.

10. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

OMG, sorry to hear the news. I'll keep you in my thoughts for a speedy and painfree as possible recovery. Wish I lived close to Fremont, I'd be there in a heartbeat to help out.

11. glenn33

glenn33
    from Browns, IL

Wow, sorry to hear about your accident. Loved the CD you sent...here's hoping for a speedy recovery.

12. hkestes

hkestes

Glad you are still on this side of the dirt. This could have been a much different story.

In 87 my wife and I bought our first new car and 87 Olds Calais. We were on our way to church at about 9:30 Sunday morning with our 8 month old duaghter in her car seat in the back. We only had the car 3 weeks hadn't made a payment and didn't have plates on it yet. Drunk runs a red light and hits us on the passenger side front tire. Wife freaking, daughter screaming and he wouldn't get out of his car until the police arrived.

At least none of us were injured. Drunk had a huge gash on his forhead from the steering wheel.

Repair bill was jsut under 2/3 the selling price of the car. Insurance company wouldn't total it and were not going to give us any loss of value settlement. My next door neighbor was a lawyer and he wrote a letter to the insurance company for us. Amazing how that letter opened up the checkbook. Ended up getting a $5,000 loss of value settlement.

13. Turbo442

Turbo442

Agreed and I think I would be looking at getting another van like that one. For a 65 mph hit it held together like a tank.
    Good luck and sorry to hear about this. I enjoyed your band on Sat.

14. M.Edell

M.Edell

I most certainly am Buying another Full Size van for sure...

15. glad to see you "survived"even though you weren't unscathed - karma will get'em

16. jscoma47

jscoma47

That sucks. Good thing your still here. as far as im concerned anyone who drives drunk should be charged with attempted murder whether someone is injured or not. If you walk the street with a loaded gun you go to jail but drive a 5000lb bullet drunk slap on the wrist and maybe a class to tell you your an idiot.

17. Hang tough. Glad you're alright.

18. ChromeHater

ChromeHater
    from NH

A little weld here or there some bondo and put the spare tire on it your good for another 100,000 miles.

19. M.Edell

M.Edell

lol.. :d

20. DEROSAGIRL

DEROSAGIRL

Oh my...I am glad that you are alright. You are truly blessed! I hope you can somehow bring the piece of crap who hit you to justice ....

21. M.Edell

M.Edell

Yeah me too..Still waiting for Antioch PD to finish the Police Report.they havent been able to tell me whether he has insurance or not.I've already hired a real good Attorney to represent me.

22. Daddyfink

Daddyfink

Dude, glad to see you posting instead of reading about you!

Material stuff can be replaced or repaired, but lives are a totally different deal.

Good luck with your case.

23. belair

belair

Glad you got a lawyer. You can bet the insurance company will have one. Going into court on your own is like bringing a knife to a gunfight. Courts don't care about right and wrong or fair and unfair. Legalities are all that flies. If you don't speak the language of the court, you're history. Hope you come out good.

24. M.Edell

M.Edell

I got behind my drum kit today and to my amazement I can play..I'm trying to get the show back for this Saturday that I cancelled..I just need my guys to help me move my gear and I'm good..

25. kbc64

kbc64

I'm glad you are OK! I had a similar thing happen early this March. I got hit head on by a 34 year drugged up SOB. I had my 2002 GMC 2500HD SLE EXT Cab and an 8ft bed. He was driving a 95 Mazda. He hit me head on at 85 to 100 miles an hour. He hit my truck so hard it knocked the front transfer case and both wheels a frames hubs etc. In other words the lower part of my truck was gone. I'm alive today don'y know how? Grace of god I guess! He pushed my truck backward 65 FT.

I have a detatched retina, broken left shoulder ,broken right tibia,7 broken ribs,and long term damage to my left knee! I had seen it all materialze so I was stopped when he hit me. If I had been doing the 45 mph as posted I would have killed him! The SOB Was followed by 3 different people keeping the police aware of where he was. A woman who just happened to be a nurse said she saw it all start and just knew it wasn't going to be a good ending! I'm 62 years old and didn't need this crap in my life. In the state of Mass. he was arrested on criminal charges and if convicted (IF CONVICTED) could serve 10 years in prison. HA HA. I really would like to see that happen.

This putz had the balls to put a blog in Craigs list that this big black truck came out of nowhere and totaled his car. guess to him thats the way it happened and that's what he saw! I survived viet nam I'll survive this! Take care what goes round comes round!

26. kbc64

kbc64

I'm glad you are OK! I had a similar thing happen early this March. I got hit head on by a 34 year drugged up SOB. I had my 2002 GMC 2500HD SLE EXT Cab and an 8ft bed. He was driving a 95 Mazda. He hit me head on at 85 to 100 miles an hour. He hit my truck so hard it knocked the front transfer case and both wheels a frames hubs etc. In other words the lower part of my truck was gone. I'm alive today don'y know how? Grace of god I guess! He pushed my truck backward 65 FT.

I have a detatched retina, broken left shoulder ,broken right tibia,7 broken ribs,and long term damage to my left knee! I had seen it all materialze so I was stopped when he hit me. If I had been doing the 45 mph as posted I would have killed him! The SOB Was followed by 3 different people keeping the police aware of where he was. A woman who just happened to be a nurse said she saw it all start and just knew it wasn't going to be a good ending! I'm 62 years old and didn't need this crap in my life. In the state of Mass. he was arrested on criminal charges and if convicted (IF CONVICTED) could serve 10 years in prison. HA HA. I really would like to see that happen.

This putz had the balls to put a blog in Craigs list that this big black truck came out of nowhere and totaled his car. guess to him thats the way it happened and that's what he saw! I survived viet nam I'll survive this! Take care what goes round comes round!

27. tbucket34

tbucket34

What goes around comes around! Glad you are ok.

28. freebird101

freebird101

Man, that stinks Thank god your not dead
    I cant stress this more
    I hate drunk drivers:mad:

29. yardgoat

yardgoat

Im realy glad you are going to be ok with time
    WHEN are we going to be able and get thru to people who drink and drive ?????
    Nothing seems to work,,it keeps happening to people we know or family,SO WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO STOP THIS?
    I think all drunk drivers with 2 convections should be sent to detroit to be used instead of crash dummy,s IN CRASH TEST.
    I dont remember getting hatefull or wanting to hurt anyone BUT FAIR IS FAIR.....................YG

30. colorado kid

colorado kid
    BANNED
    from Colorado

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.