Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest "The Larry Watson Tribute" On The HOF Legends Site:With Barris,D'Agostino & Stanford

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jonnie King, Sep 21, 2010.

1. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

[​IMG][​IMG]

Special Note To All Of My H.A.M.B. Friends...​

THE LARRY WATSON TRIBUTE PAGE : A Rod & Custom Legend, the iconic painter, stylist , and innovator of some of the 50's & 60's most legendary cars was LARRY WATSON.​

As we all know, sadly, on July 20, 2010, just days before the KKOA 30th Anniversary Lead Sled Spectacular in Salina, Kansas, Larry passed away. ​

It was a shock to us all, and I wanted to do Larry justice by putting together a true & respectful Tribute on the HOF Legends Site, covering the Tribute with some information that might not be generally avaliable...like the great story Steve Stanford told me regarding his painting that fantastic poster of the "Bellflower Clock Drive-In" for Larry. ​

To that end, I also asked my good friends GEORGE BARRIS & JOHN D'AGOSTINO, who had both known Larry for many, many years, to record some of their memories of him during our yearly Sunday Morning Interview Session in Salina, and I've added my own personal connection to the Watson story.​

What you'll hear, read, and, see on this Special Tribute Page is a true testament to the life & times of one of the Industries most respected Hall Of Fame Legends: LARRY WATSON . ​

I hope you all enjoy this Tribute, and please feel free to eMail or PM me with your thoughts and comments, or, just Post them here on the H.A.M.B. board. All of us loved & appreciated Larry, and he felt the same way about all of us.​

R.I.P. Larry.​

2. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

Many thanks for the eMails & kind thoughts ! Larry was truly the B-E-S-T.

JK

3. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Excellent!! Thanks for putting that together..

4. Very nice...thank you

5. Thank You....

6. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

Great stuff,well put together. thanks very much

7. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

SPECIAL NOTE TO ALL ABOVE: My sincere appreciation for your kind comments. We owe it to Larry to make sure he's never forgotten, and his Special Tribute Page will remain as a permanent part of the HOF Legends Site.

You can access it directly from this link:
    http://www.legends.thewwbc.net/gpage142.html

Jonnie www.legends.thewwbc.net

8. wally bell

wally bell
    from VA.

I treasure my Clock Drive In poster..signed by Larry and Steve. (matted,framed)
    The late Richard Schroeder was a shop neighbor and took me there.
    One of our 1st western swing Super Chevy Tours.
    Watson..Cool guy
    Stanford too........

9. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

Wally,

The "Clock" Poster is the ONE thing I've wanted for a long time myself. I missed out, somehow, because of having an accident and being ill for a few months...and never was able to connect with one.

When Steve & I were at Starbird's a couple of years ago, we looked at the one that is displayed on Larry's "Legends Wall" there, and he said he'd gladly sign one and have Larry sign it if I could come up with one. Sadly, I still haven't. But, Steve showed me HOW MUCH work went the artwork for that, how he had to arrange the cars, etc. It is a phenomenal piece !

Jonnie

10. wally bell

wally bell
    from VA.

Jonnie,
    It's one of those works of art that you never tire of..
    Steve is so talented.
    Please send my best to Steve when you see him...

11. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

Thanks, Wally ! Will do !!

JK www.legends.thewwbc.net

12. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Wow, Thanks for tribute to Larry and all of the others!!

13. Roger O'Dell

Roger O'Dell

I have a bunch of the clock posters, I'll have them at the Watson & Winfield show the 23 of oct, and maybe the 24 don't know yet If I can do 2 days. But they will also be at the GNRS in Jan. Roger

14. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis