Register now to get rid of these ads!

NW Hambers CHEHALIS swap meet this weekend.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by draggin37, Sep 22, 2010.

1. draggin37

draggin37

Don't forget about the Chehalis Harvest Swap meet this weekend at the Fairgrounds. Same place that Billetproof is held. See ya there!

2. LIL.TIMMYUser Name

LIL.TIMMYUser Name

i'll be there:) gonna live it up and get a space under cover.

3. draggin37

draggin37

under cover....whats that. We've had the same booths since i was a kid. LX11 and 12, just inside the walk in gate. I remember polishing chrome for my dad in order to make money to go buy GIjoes from a guy that was there every year.

I'd sure like to see that swap meet grow back up to what it was.

4. LIL.TIMMYUser Name

LIL.TIMMYUser Name

i just have too much stuff i don't want to get soaked if it rains. plus, i'm kind of a wussy:D i fear that the slow decline in vendors is a problem thats gonna continue. over the last 5-6 years it seems like lots of the older guys just aren't up to the effort. it's still better than doing yardwork around the house!

5. draggin37

draggin37

It seems most guys are getting to the point that they would rather sit at home and post there stuff on CL and never have to load the trailer. Shame if you ask me. Not that I haven't used CL, I just couldn't live without hangin at the swap meets. Makin deals face to face. Finding crap you never knew you were looking for.

6. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

Ok I'm in. I'll be there and I am bringin a bunch of wacky stuff. Its time to clean out the shop. I am trippin over shit.

7. draggin37

draggin37

we like wacky stuff Dude and especially stuff your tired of tripping over. That means its cool enough to keep but not worth tripping over. Ill make room in my garage...

8. Plootz

Plootz

Weather forecast is for warm & sunny. Don't be afraid to haul stuff up there.
    Bill

9. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

I just looked over all my stuff most is 20 bucks and below. IM too cheap or its all crap. Well one mans trash.

10. I'll be there, looking for a hood for my 56 Nomad( and some 6.70x15 Firestone wide whites.I trashed one from it rubbing ( wrong rims)What time does the gates open ? I have missed this swap meet conflicting plans on that date always. Is it a small or large swap meet what can I inspect?

11. draggin37

draggin37

Used to be large, has dwindled in size lately with CL and Egay. They are letting vendors in at 7am so i assume walk in gate opens at 8am. We have a nice '57 hood on the trailer...that work....guess not.

12. if it was a 56 Hood I'd be all over it ! Will see ya there !

Last edited: Sep 24, 2010
  13. A suggestion..if you have a booth at this swap meet, or any swap meet, anywhere for that matter, identify yourself with a makeshift H.A.M.B. sign. Seems it never fails after the swapmeets, we learn someone had a booth ("you were there?, you should have stopped by and said hi"). It's always nice to put a face with the (screen) name. I, for one will stop by and introduce myself to you. Thanx.

14. LIL.TIMMYUser Name

LIL.TIMMYUser Name

GOOD IDEA! i'll make up a cardboard sign deal with some recent pics of the 29.

Attached Files:

15. fordcragar

fordcragar
    from Yakima WA.

I agree, this would be a great idea. I'm going just to look around, but I'll wear a HAMB t-shirt.

16. wacky stuff ?

17. sound like a very good idea ! I will make a point to say hello for sure.

18. LIL.TIMMYUser Name

LIL.TIMMYUser Name

just what kinda pickle will you be pushin'?

19. 1320/150

1320/150

im goin!!! first timer!!!

20. phukinartie

phukinartie

21. I saw a $500 Crestliner steering wheel, broken horn button. Wheel had been key wayed for earlier column and was no longer splined for 49-51 Ford. I bet it sold , I passed on it.

22. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I spent all my go and do coins last weekend going to Vantage on Saturday and Puyallup on Sunday for the bro in laws big 50th. There were probably a few things there I could use too.

23. fastrnu

fastrnu
    from shelton,wa

Got there early and sold a bunch of my Model A parts. Spent it all on more stuff that I just had to have. Then it got HOTand people started disappearing. Got ready to go and decided ihad to have the 59 impala lenses and rings that i walked past for $25. OOPS miseed that one. running back for a coupler amber 3LED lights for the international. Shoulda worn some sunscreen on the noggin. My poor heads glowing LOL.
    BTW Rob did you get those G78's you were looking for? i have a set of great tread H78-15 cushion aire's..... prob 80% tread

24. 1320/150

1320/150

Didn't know what to expect,but i was happy!!! Made out on some real nice 57 chev headlight bezels cheap!! and some other off topic stuff.All in all it was worth the drive I will be goin next year!!

25. crunchy dill what else ! ie pickle= throttle ( old boating term)

26. LIL.TIMMYUser Name

LIL.TIMMYUser Name

OK! i guess i gotta get my mind out of the gutter;) i ran outta time to make a sign for this meet. i was in the upper covered barn with the hard floor right at the north end. got in the gate a little late & theres not a lot of time to set-up or shop before the public comes in. still picked up some cool stuff. neat pair of "Trippe" large yellow lense lamps. cool little AAA bumper tag. some other misc. canby swap next sunday. not quite as big, still a good one.

Attached Files:

27. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

overall a good meet. picked up a real nice visor. Sold almost all my stuff came out ahead

28. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

Here we go

Attached Files:

29. 1320/150

1320/150

I'll be there..... was a good time last year!!

30. verde742

verde742

car show sat. at Columbia Ford.....