Register now to get rid of these ads!

a garage find

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rambunctious, Sep 22, 2010.

1. paintcan54

paintcan54

Please no clown car wheels.

2. No_Respect

No_Respect
    from So-Cal

Family cars hardly count as a garage find! but nice project!

3. radio_king

radio_king

Are you nuts,please take a step back from the vehicle!!!:eek:

4. guiseart

guiseart

Bloody Hell... those headlights are worth $85.

5. Last of the Big Time Spenders...

6. Ratroddude

Ratroddude
    BANNED

Attached Files:

7. bluemeanie

bluemeanie

did'nt think there was anything like that left in Michigan.nice find-great price

8. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

'37 Fords are one of my favorite cars, you're a lucky man!
    I can't wait to see more...make sure you share progress pics.:cool:

9. Nice car with your families history, what could be better? Now the wheel issue I have to rhyme in on also. I Hate, yes, Hate those big ass custom clown wheels, especially on this fine example of early iron..it deserves so much better. But, I concede, your car to do with what you will. Good luck.

10. el shad

el shad

For $85 it hardly looks like it is even worth the time to pull it out of that garage. Coal it over and let someone else find it another day......

(You are one lucky SOB by the way)

11. VA HAMB

VA HAMB

If you want to do a "Foose" job on it, well its yours. But I dont think that style AND a Flatty will mix well together. At least put a overhead ford in it. (302)

Now you resto it with some Bias plys AND a blown flatty well now we're talking.

12. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

leave it stock lookin with azz-kickin horses. Once ya cut you can't go back . Hell , just wash & drive it like it is .
    lucky terd, better tell your dad how much you love him too.

13. VoodooChile

VoodooChile

You gotta learn how to negotiate.....I could have got that for ya for $67.50 at the most.

14. 31fordV860

31fordV860

Probably Figured the duct tape used as a gas cap was worth an additional 5 bucks....

15. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

the older I get the more tolerant I try to be, but I also have the Guido Bros on speed dial...remember this if you decide to foose this car...

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  16. mullskull

mullskull

that is a total restorer of faith..
    the faith that there is still great stuff out there..at great deals too-

17. Fenders

Fenders

do you have the talents of Chip Foose? And the financial wherewithall? If not, make it a nice driver. Work on it while you drive it. Don't bite off more than you can chew or it'll be in the garage in pieces for another 40 years.

18. i think chip was always the "new" boyd since he designed for him back in the day...

19. R Frederick

R Frederick
    from illinois

You can do anything you want to do to your car, but it would be in distaste to butcher it up. The simple elegant look of a slightly Modded period Hot Rod would be the right way to do this car.

20. MP&C

MP&C

[​IMG]

Looks a bit cramped in there. The boat needs to go outside :D

21. lsmjamison

lsmjamison
    from Texas

Here's a link to another post where you might be able to buy an '89 Ford Aerostar chassis for the right price. That should help completely fuck up your awesome car... then throw those bad boy Chip FOOL wheels on there and mission accomplished.

Don't think for a second you'll be able to pick up that Aerostar chassis for $85 either... you better bring the bid dough!

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=507249&highlight=chassis+paint

22. Avoid the Boyd and nip the Chip. Mixing 2 styles is like putting your steak on top of your ice cream. It's just not a good idea. You can't go wrong with a traditional style hot rod.

23. rileyrecords25

rileyrecords25
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

cool story and very cool project good luck!

24. cvstl

cvstl
    from StL MO
    1. H.A.M.B. Chapel

Sweet..... not a fan of the Foose look for it, but its definitely a cool project.

25. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

+1 he said exactly what I wanted to.

Nothing looks sillier to me than an early model car with those big assed billet wheels and wide low profile tires. Hence the term clown car wheels. They might be passable on a Dodge Magnum wagon that was designed for them but destroy the looks of early rigs.

We are just saying build it a bit more traditional and closer to what your dad might have done if he had slicked it out when he first bought it. You won't be spending 5000 for a set of wheels and tires that will be last years news in six months and end up sitting in the garage while you run the next set of mega dollar latest trick of the week wheels from some wheel maker.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2010
  26. Is that a hole in the roof ? , please don't Foos'it up ! loves the vintage black & white photo's of the chopped sedan.

27. $85.00. My God is it 1965 again! I'm gonna be late for school, wait what's this typewriter looking thing with the little TV attached to it. Nice Find, now do something good with it and don't Foose it up.

28. 50Fraud

50Fraud

Please don't put cartoon wheels on it. Lower it, use 16" or 17" steelies. No chop. Blown flathead would be neat, but it gets very expensive very quickly.

29. $85!?!?!?!?! wow thats ridiculous! Maybe someday I'll find a '55 Chevy ex-gasser for $70.00

30. sedan33

sedan33

S??t! :cool: