Register now to get rid of these ads!

I'm curious about screen names

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Groucho, Sep 22, 2010.

1. roddinron

roddinron

I could have written that! I didn't know nuthin' 'bout no email or internet, or what the hell she was pushin' all those keys for, I just sat there and said "I don't know, what do you think?" When it was all over she said, "there you are, you're roddinron." So I am.:rolleyes:
    But I've always wondered why guys sign their posts?

Last edited: Sep 23, 2010
  2. banditomerc

banditomerc

My Merc used to take all my money! So i got rid of it! The tag fit at the time. Now the Ford is taking my $!

3. codeblu

codeblu

Wether I'm walking or driving I'm always in a hurry, my bosses daughter started refering to me as Code Blue.

4. roddinron

roddinron

Interesting fact, the smuckers plant near me just had a big festival. My dad went and brought me a jar of peanut butter and honey. They don't sell it in the US because Saudi Arabia buys all they can produce, and pays 4 times what it's worth in the states. Oil for peanut butter and honey.:D

5. choptvan

choptvan

Mine seems odvious. It was a 1970 ford econoline with a 9 inch chop and 5 inch channel. ( yes it was a unibody. that was a dumb ass idea ) The van was a total POS. I have no pix nor would I want to post any. I am ashamed of it. I have kept the screenname cuz so many people know me by it already. I learned a lot from that pile though. That is all i can accredit toward it however.

6. G'day, I was lurking here for quite a while before I decided to beginning to post. I saw all the names relating to what people drove/worked on/ or just plain liked. Since I do like old Chevy fiberglass two seaters, and I do drag race, vetteracer seemed like a good choice. Much better than the Heliotrope Slogbender that my mother threated my dad to name me.

ms

7. slipjoint

slipjoint
    from N CA

i have a friend who's handle is DB - his name is dick brown but in the army they called him brown dick - there is a sports anouncer on TV name Merry Peter - maybe it's Mary Peter?

8. I guess my creativity wasn't working real good at the moment I signed
    on to the forum. I've had the Plymouth since 1973 and plan on
    keeping it a while longer. Have had other cars along the way, but
    like this one best. Not exactly a hotrod but I did run it down the
    strip at the HAMB Drags back in '05. So looks like I'll just stick with
    the 47Plym thing.

I think it's interesting to see everyone's reason for their handle.

Bob

9. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Skip is my nickname....my real name is Asshole.

10. gsport

gsport

out of the six corvettes i've owned, my favorite was my 96' Grandsport (sold it to help buy my retirement home) .... hence.. gsport

11. 46fordmaster

46fordmaster
    from Indio Ca

Well I have 46 Ford and I am a Master Technician......!!!!:D

12. H3O

H3O

why you gotta call me out?
    my name is Harry E Ozbun III
    so I tweaked my initials to H3O.

13. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

Back in the early days of the interweb I was trying to find an email address with tinman in it.

after punchin in any concievable combination of tinman and finding it was already in use I shortened up the phrase my buddy used when he called the shop to talk to me, "dumb ass tinman".

Da Tinman works pretty good, if you google tinman, theres a lot of them, but I'm the only "Da" in the bunch.

14. 4 pedals

4 pedals
    from Nor Cal

i had a 57 Chevy pickup with a 235 in it a few years ago. A co-worker was checking it out at lunch one day from behind the wheel, and asked what the 4th pedal was for as he pushed the starter button and ran it into a wall a foot in front of us. I sign my name at the bottom of my posts because I wasn't creative enough to use it as my screen name!

Devin

15. 35hotrod

35hotrod
    from Duvall, WA

Well, I have a 35 Ford hot rod, easy for an old fart to remember. I didn't think they'd let me use Mike Ockshard.

16. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

When I got started on the internet forum deal ... on another board ... someone already had my first name as their screen name ( RANDY ) . Someone here on the HAMB ... also has my name here as their screen name :D I own a Deuce Roadster ( 30 plus years ... with NO PLANS to ever sell :) ) so I picked " Deuce Roadster " as a screen name. When I came to the HAMB ... I just used the same screen name here that I had on the forum. Keeping it simple ... becuase a LOT of the members here were on the other forum also.

I sign my name ...
    but not every time :cool:

Randy

17. Well I have a '29 Dodge and I have a woody .....I mean it will be a woody!!Rob

18. BISHOP

BISHOP

BISHOP, its my name.

19. fathead429

fathead429
    from Yuma, AZ

I grew up with the nickname Fathead cause when I was a kid, mom used to have to cut the neck of my tshirts to get em on me. Luckily the rest of my body caught up. The 429 part is because every POS car I drug home seems to have a 429 in it.

20. I am a hot rodder and I live near Hilo Hi.

21. hotrodpodo

hotrodpodo

I've been called Podo for years (first 4 letters of my last name) and the hot rod thing is obvious, hence, hotrodpodo.

22. 55driver

55driver

For 20 years I worked as a delivery driver in N.E. Illinois, my employer referred to me as "Gerry the driver". In the past 8yrs I've put on over 50,000 miles on my 55 Chevy (11,000 so far this year)
    It's definitely a driver!
    As a side bar, these 2 people gave me excellent service in the past...

Attached Files:

23. poorman

poorman
    from cleveland

well becouse im poor duh. lol

poorman

24. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

Shouldn't that be capitalized ..................Top Secret ?

Ray

25. The37Kid

The37Kid

Before there were internet forums there were newsletters. One of the best early Ford Speed Equipment/Race Car monthlys was Bill LaRosa's HOT LINE, he gave me the nickname The Kid. When I joined the HAMB I was into the restoration of a '37 Harley, a twin to the one Dad bought new, just combined the two and became The37Kid. Sold the Harley project, and I turn 60 in December.:(

26. Muttley

Muttley

I got "Muttley" from my stepdad.........he said I sounded like him because I was always complaining. I've never put my real name (Mike) at the bottom of my posts. I'm not really thrilled with my name, its not bad just really common. Yell "Hey Mike!" in a crowded room and 3/4 of the guys turn around.

27. cracker head

cracker head

Haha! Me too! My pops always called me cracker head so it just sounded like a natural choice for me.

28. Well, my time went so quickly, I went lickety splitly
    Out to my ol' '55............

I got my first car (55 Chevy) when I was 15 back in 1972. When I got it on the road a couple of years later, my buddies and I were out cruising all night, I burned up some Sunoco 260 that night! I had an 8 track tape of the Eagles and one of the songs on the tape was ol 55. When I got home the sun was coming up and that song was branded into my head ever since....still have the 55.

Now the sun's comin' up
    I'm ridin' with Lady Luck
    Freeway cars and trucks
    Stars beginning to fade.....

Here's an old picture from the mid 70's.......

[​IMG]

29. i have never been good with screen names,so when i bought my 49 ih it had a huge ratnest behind the seat so that name just stuck...

30. nashvegas99

nashvegas99

99 was my number for sports growing up, I live in Nashville TN and I love craps (the dice game)....so Nashvegas99 it was. Besides my real name is Stoney and everybody thinks its a nickname and I grew up with everyone always thinking I already had a nickname so I changed it to a real nickname. make sense?