Register now to get rid of these ads!

I hear Bo Huff has cancer. Benefit show update! Please read!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hitchhiker, Sep 21, 2010.

1. Regardless of what magazines his cars are featured in. I think we all know he has some real talent and builds some cool cars. I've never met Mr. Huff, But I can imagine it's pretty tough to ask for help like this....Pride being what it is and all. I know it would be hard for me....I don't think anyone would have the disrespect to insult him in his time of need, Just because they don't like rebel rod or what ever.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2010
  2. I met Bo, at the Sunnycarbon show in 09. He is a hell of a nice guy, let us check out his shop pretty much all afternoon, B.S'd with him all afternoon and watched Jr. Huff stripe his Buick. Had a great time! Get well Bo, I'm praying for ya.

3. does he?

4. Magic

Magic

I'm in will get someting painted up in the next few days and get to you guys, anything to help, if I can do more give me a shout or email. In our prayers Bo.

5. Another brother in need, so glad to be a part of a group who pulls together for a common cause in times of need, our prayers and funds go out to Bo and his family in these testing times, God speed on recovery.

6. Hooligan63

Hooligan63

I have been to all three Bo Huff shows since they started out here,and Bo has always made time to come and talk to us,have a few brews,and shoot the shit,telling us stories. I talk to Maddy and Junior once in a while,and heard rumors about Bo being sick,and now that I know what's up,we'll be supporting in November and donating..This was 2008 when we were hanging with Bo,the same year we set the Parking Lot Push Start Land Speed Record in front of Bo and his kids,haha,,Good times

[​IMG]

7. Hooligan63

Hooligan63

Most of those are customer cars stored at his shop,so no,he doesn't.

8. Prayers For Bo and a speedy recovery. I will be on the lookout for the benefit show and will do what I can to help

9. davelamboriginals

davelamboriginals
    from fremont nh

best wishes to bo and his family....i met him in viva las vegas 2 years ago
    and he treated us like family...get well soon brother out hearts are with you

10. Buick59

Buick59
    from in a house

Don't think for a minute that this issue has not been discussed behind the scenes.

The economy being what it is, it's going to be a tough sell.

11. krag4201

krag4201

Even if he does/does not have a collection of cars lying around I'd hate to see him lose everything just to stay alive. The day I met Mr. Huff I was self destructing, excessive drinking and bad behavior I was lost. He was the only one to say anything favorable about my beat 65 Comet wannabe gasser and he even offered me a job building engines for him. This was a wake up call for me and though I never saw him again his kindness gave me the boost I needed to fix myself and build a great life these past five years. I'm now happily married and I do good work protecting the lives of soldiers in the counter IED program as a DOD civilian in theater and its all due to Mr. Huff. G-d bless you Bo what is mine is now yours I get paid tomorrow and I will be contributing

12. You both said it better than I could!

13. Best wishes for Mr. Huff. Get well soon!

14. My buddy Jerry and I met Bo at the 2007 Goodguys show in Fort Worth, Texas and talked for about 15 minutes. We were coming back from Bonneville in 2009 and stopped by his shop/museum in East Carbon, Utah unannouced to visit. He remembered us from 2007!! We drank a couple of beers and visited for a while. He invited us to set up our camper in his museum parking lot for the night and share a pot of chili and some tequila. We were on a tight schedule and had to decline. Helluva nice guy. Best wishes and good luck with treatment. Paypal done.

15. Sticks

Sticks

Bo is a great guy. I dug talkin and hanger with him at some of the cars show in the past. The dude was buying drinks for some of us Outkasts and we all were having a great time.

Are you taking any type of art?

Thanks
    Sticks

Last edited: Sep 23, 2010
  16. Big Mac

Big Mac
    1. Utah HAMBers

Ya, I know how that goes. I didn't know most of those were customers cars. Well, best of luck, and if I can help with anything up here in Salt Lake City let me know.

17. dsr_54

dsr_54

Thanks for the paypal link. Paypal sent .

18. slammed

slammed

Be strong Mr. Huff, and family. Praying for this man.

19. brewsir

brewsir

I met Bo at Bonneville a few years ago....he was paying the ice cream guy to play good music...dropped $20 on him to play something good! Then he took me for a spin in his chopped ford and shared a few beers with me....hellofa nice guy. Hope he kicks ass and gets better!

20. Tinbasher

Tinbasher

See If Jeff Norwell will make up a Poster to be auctioned off. Good way to help Out.

TOT

21. yardgoat

yardgoat

Just a shot in the dark(didnt read past pg 1) but ART is good but how about some new chrome parts ?I have a few items that i would give and pay to ship to auction location.I mean bucks is still bucks................YG

22. coupedevil

coupedevil

Love You Bo My prayers are with you!!!! Donations coming your way. I will do what ever I can to help. Hope to see you soon!!!!

23. MR_WIM

MR_WIM

BO and his son junior are good friends of mine. i will work on a piece for an auction and will donate 100% of the earnings to him. only thing is i will need help with the arrangements... i will work on this ASAP!!!! man this is sad news....

24. Buick59

Buick59
    from in a house

Heading to Utah tomorrow morning to go see him before Chemotherapy starts on Monday. After Chemo starts, he can't see anybody for risk of getting an infection.

25. MR_WIM

MR_WIM

tell him wim!!!! from the style kings have much love for him and wishs him well!!!!

26. oldmankohout

oldmankohout

Damn! :> (

Hang in there old timer!!!!

Darold

Attached Files:

27. fat141

fat141

He tucked 4 of us Aussies under his wing at the first Santa Maria. Got us totally legless and between he and Alan and Gino, we were treated as family.
    Go well B.A.M.F.
    Rod Stu Mark and Rob

28. sololobo

sololobo

I'm with Danny, aka sticks, at the OutKasts show in Mitchell he was so much fun. He was a total blast and we all had a great time. Stay tough my friend we are all pulling for you. Bucks sent via paypal. Healing vibes beaming your way. ~Sololobo~

29. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

sad to hear this,,,bo is one of the nicest, most genuine guys you'll ever meet....stayed with him for a week, slept on his couch and hung out at his shop about five years ago.,,he's definitely a character,,,,,and his kids rule....my prayers are with him and his family,

30. Obsessedwithchop

Obsessedwithchop

Prayers go out to he and his family