Register now to get rid of these ads!

Any Rollback Trailer Gurus here?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dragiin, Sep 21, 2010.

1. Dragiin

Dragiin
    from AZ

looking for advice or what others have done to mount a battery for an electric winch and where they routed a wire to keep the battery charged whilst routed in a way not to interfere with the tilt motion of the trailer..

ok, so i just picked up a kwikload 18ft..

[​IMG]

and installed a winch

[​IMG]

i would like to mount my battery here where the wires are wrapped:

[​IMG]

scenario: i have found which slot to run the wire from within the trailers wire harness receptacle (no photo) in which to have 12v power run to the batt or accesories,..the problem is with the battery mounted to the a frame when the trailer tilts up it needs slack from the wire,,and when it goes down,,i risk severing the slack..
    has anyone tried to mess with this or found a workaround? (ill get fotos of the scenario soon)

2. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Just coil the wire(s) on tilt side, allowing room for travel.----------Don

3. Get a coiled trailer wire from a big truck salvage yard.

4. Class Reunion

Class Reunion
    from N.E. PA

I have one of those trailers,I mounted the battery in one of those floor compartments.I made a box with a flange on it a little bigger than the battery and cut a hole in the trailer box and dropped it in.
    Gregg

5. SlowandLow63

SlowandLow63
    from Central NJ

On my setup I ran a battery cable down the frame with one of those big plugs that you would plug an electric forklift into to charge. They handle 200ish amps and have never given me a problem. Same plug on the winch leads. Just plug it in and winch away, stow the leads in the toolbox when not in use.

6. hillbilly4008

hillbilly4008
    from Rome NY

is that an actual rollback or just a tilt? It looks like a tilt to me. If it IS just a tilt trailer then i agree with the above post that said to get the coiled wire, just make sure it is long enough to reach when the deck is up, and make sure it will clear and not get pinched while lowering the deck. mount the battery underneath the deck, or on the hitch infront of the head board.

If it is infact a rollback trailer then you will need to run your lines all the way to the rear then fold it 180 and run it back up to your winch. So your 18' deck would have roughly 36' of power cable under it.

7. Dragiin

Dragiin
    from AZ

thx for all the advice!

-hillbilly,,i didnt know there was a difference,just thought it was names given,,but now that you mention i imagine its just the tilt..its a kwikload trailer.

welp, now i have some ideas to go with,,just have to decide which is best for me..thx!