Register now to get rid of these ads!

Custom radio flyer wagon pics and ideas???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Sprout, Apr 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. julioc559

julioc559
    from modesto ca

Hey flyn hawn,

What are you using as the front beam?

2. flyn-hawn

flyn-hawn
    from san diego

It is a chromed billet aluminum running light bracket fromsome kind of metric cruiser. By the way, thanks for the kart wheels and tires I just got from you on ebay!

3. 35mastr

35mastr
    from Norcal

I am interested in the front beam also. Whats a metric cruiser?

4. hank1

hank1

A metric cruiser is an import motorcycle (Honda, Yamaha, etc) inspired by Harley Davidson designs.

5. julioc559

julioc559
    from modesto ca

Thank you, are they going on this wagon?

6. flyn-hawn

flyn-hawn
    from san diego

No they went on an orange one I have.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 25, 2010
  7. zombiemeteor333

zombiemeteor333
    from Gardena

So I am working on this wagon for my little girl, I just need advice on how to lower the front without a welder? Any ideas or suggestions will help. The seats are done by me, removable to work as seat cushion also.

Attached Files:

8. julioc559

julioc559
    from modesto ca

what kind of look are you going for? if you just want to give it a rake you could look for a pair of the smaller wheels for the front.

9. Mine is not a custom, but a resto on a wagon that was in the garage since I was a kid. Thought it would be neat to rebuild it for my nephew, here is a photo from the day I gave it to him.

CBB

Attached Files:

10. Jettback50

Jettback50

Check out mine. It is weld free!

11. zombiemeteor333

zombiemeteor333
    from Gardena

Really cool wagon....do you have any more pictures of the front?

12. The first one is brand new, right out of the box. The second one I picked up a couple of weeks ago at a bicycle swap meet for $3.00. No steering, but they are light enough that they just follow you where you want to go. It's not like I'm going to pull them anywhere anyway. Dean

Attached Files:

13. sid_D

sid_D

Hey flyn-hawn, Great job on the wagon. Sweet rides. Where can one find wheels and rods like the ones you have. I've been looking around the net for a while but can't seem to find any. Any help would be appreciated.

14. Mr Wicked

Mr Wicked
    from cali

you can find wheels and tires and hubs here www.wickedcarts.net and you can call them too.. alot of stuff they have available is not on there site

15. bp626indamix

bp626indamix

i cant wait to get my flyer rollin'!

16. sid_D

sid_D

Nice ride. I like the simplicity :). Where did you get the frame from?

17. These wagons I bet are for sale. A freind of mine built these and probably has many more. You could call John at (515) 262-0558 if anybody is interested.

[​IMG]

18. bp626indamix

bp626indamix

ok quick question. the pneumatic wheels that harbor freight sells (specifically the 6'' ones) do you guys take them off the rim in order to paint them ? and if so, how?

edit: nevermind. figured it out.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2010
  19. Jettback50

Jettback50

Here are a few.

Attached Files:

20. iflytii

iflytii
    from OKC, OK

Thanks! I made it with mostly leftover tubing from a roll cage I was building at the time. A buddy tigged it up for me since I'm not nearly as precise with my mig.

Recently we upgraded the Harbor Freight wheels with something a little more appropriate. :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

21. jrebz

jrebz

Hey, I am building a wagon for my Daughter. I was wondering how do you shave the rubber tires? I bought rubber hand truck looking tires @ Harbor Freight and I want to shave them to slicks, but I don't know how to...

22. julioc559

julioc559
    from modesto ca

did you buy the tires that were previously on the wagon just above your post? if so i dont think you would want to shave those to be slicks because im not sure they would look good. if you want to shave the sides to add like a whitewall and keep the threads on top that should be ok, i think you would just need a good box cutter and some sand papper to shave off some of the treads that come down on the sides. the sand paper would be to smooth it out a bit after you used the box cutter to take down the bulkier stuff.

EDIT: also, i know harborfrieght has other tires that wouldnt need to be shaved they have a flatter top and nothing on the sides so they would be perfect for the whitewall if thats what you were thinking. they are usualy the same price as the other ones but somtimes a bit harder to find.

23. jrebz

jrebz

Here's some pics of mine, there are a few things I would like to do to it still. My daughter loves this thing though! I need to paint the insides of the front wheels, paint on the white walls, paint the steering parts, and I would like to add a wood rear panels, to give my kid something to lean on, sort of like a seat...

What do you guys think???

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 13, 2010
  24. jrebz

jrebz

Added more pics.

25. Wheelie

Wheelie
    from Dallas

Still in progress but have been using it to pull my daughter around the neighborhood and at car shows.I used an old Greyhound wagon, built a frame,used old valve springs as rear suspension from my old 235. I restored the original wheels and had a custom made faux alligator padded seat made. I have some exhaust and an engine im going to install up front and possibly paint the body in the future. I left it because of the original patina so I am still torn on the paint thing, dunno. :) [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

26. fabguy

fabguy

Here are a couple that we custom build.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

27. Spridle

Spridle

Does anyone know what the "RF" wagon is? I picked a fairly complete one from a 30yd jobsite dumpster a few years ago. Haven't done shit with it yet.

sorry, It's on post 284

28. I built this one last year for my 2 year old...

Attached Files:

29. 57den

57den

I bought this on C/L for $20.....

A week later, this is what happened!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    :D

Thread Status: