Register now to get rid of these ads!

What's happening in Wylie TX?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Don Lyon, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Don Lyon

Don Lyon

Going to spend 20 plus days in TX during Nov / Dec, need to know about local cruises, get to gethers, where to eat etc. Any Hambers can help me out? Won't have my 46 Ford, have to make do with my truck.

2. sfort

sfort
    from texas

What are the actual dates you are going to be there? There are a lot of get togethers in the area. Every Saturday in Mckinney starting at 8:00am at La Madaline restaurant 20 to 30 folks "THe Morning Maniacs" get together for breakfast. There are a couple good rod shops in or next to Wylie also. One is the Sachse Rod Shop. Look up "Dallas Area Classic Chevy" in their news section there are schedules for some of the local events. The is a Sonic weekly get together in Plano.

3. rschilp

rschilp

Welcome to the area, what Wylie are you going to be in? near Dallas or near Abilene?

If it's the one near Dallas you should come hang out, we've always got things going on.

Wylie is pretty boring, not much going on but there are a lot of nice places close by.

4. The Hop Walla

The Hop Walla
    from Dallas

I think there's a cruise night each week at the Sonic in Sachse, just right up the road from Wylie.

dka

5. 53ash

53ash
    from Plano, TX

If your here Nov. 13, Pistons and Paint is up in Denton. One of the best shows of the year! Done right every year, by the Chupacabras!

6. A 31 MO FO

A 31 MO FO
    from D/FW

^^^ you said it Hugh^^^

7. Don Lyon

Don Lyon

Thanks to all for the info, won't be there by the 13th of Nov, but we will check out the places and gatherings you mentioned. Thanks again.

8. dabirdguy

dabirdguy
    Member Emeritus

My stepson lives there.
    Check with the boys at Sachse Rod shop. They are a friendly bunch and not far from you.
    (800) 495-3904