Register now to get rid of these ads!

Gold Digger 57 Fairlane showcar find update

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by NICKEYCHEVY60, Apr 13, 2009.

1. Found this car a couple years back & posted it up.Been working on it as much as time will allow.Also have been putting together a lot of history together on it.Started a thread here to find the original guy who took all the photos and had his # within 15 minutes.Great power of the HAMB. I added more pics starting at #9.Thanks for checking it out. This was the original thread. http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=145082

Last edited: Sep 14, 2010
  2. Very cool. Thanks for sharing.

3. Sean

Sean

Good to see your bringing this '57 back to life.

Which tail light setup are you planning to run? Are you using the second version front grill setup? Please tell me your going to paint it gold again!

4. The last version for the rear. Yes the 2nd version front end with the De Soto bumper & headlights. And gold it is!Thanks Sean

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 15, 2009

5. Nice to see, Ed. Sorry I haven't been in touch. Had some more
    surgery . Doing fine now. I'll call the next time I'm out and about. Did some work with JD on the Camaro race car the other day. It's great to be able to again. Can't wait to start on the 33 Olds. I collected a lot of parts over the winter. Norb

6. Tony

Tony

VERY cool! I love the Desoto front end treatment, especially the headlights!
    Keep it up........when and if i ever get up your way i wanna ride!!!
    Or at least sit in it:) It's not too often a guy runs across a custom with real history...at least i don't. haha

Tony

7. Clutched

Clutched

Love this car! was looking at some photos and ran across a couple of the Alexander brothers built "Victorian" built in there shop in 1958-59. very similar build to your 57' and since the first version of your car would have been on the same midwest show circuit as the Victorian, perhaps the original builder/owner of the gold digger borrowed some ideas in the future versions. just maybe.....how about an update how the progress coming??? :D:D

Attached Files:

8. 343w

343w

There was another Gold-digger custom back in 1963 at the Hartford Autorama, it was a 1957 Chevrolet Belaire. Anyone know where it is now? It was 2 tone gold, continental kit, 59 caddy lights etc. Last I knew it was owned by a guy in Springfield Vermont...

9. Here's some recent shots.Two new Lucas lights,I will be replaing the remaining originals.All new suspension parts.Some fresh chrome.Engine will be going and then on to replace all the "custom "wiring.:rolleyes:

Attached Files:

• 001.jpg
      001.jpg
      File size:
      355.1 KB
      Views:
    • 003.jpg
      003.jpg
      File size:
      309.2 KB
      Views:
    • 004.JPG
      004.JPG
      File size:
      466.7 KB
      Views:
    • 005.jpg
      005.jpg
      File size:
      274.6 KB
      Views:
    • 007.jpg
      007.jpg
      File size:
      263.5 KB
      Views:
    • 018.jpg
      018.jpg
      File size:
      270.3 KB
      Views:
    • 019.JPG
      019.JPG
      File size:
      383.3 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2010
  10. Here's more.Also redid the dash.More pics to follow.Thanks for checking it out.

Attached Files:

• 020.jpg
      020.jpg
      File size:
      267.6 KB
      Views:
    • 026.jpg
      026.jpg
      File size:
      301 KB
      Views:
    • 027.jpg
      027.jpg
      File size:
      245.5 KB
      Views:
    • 037.JPG
      037.JPG
      File size:
      479.8 KB
      Views:
    • 038.JPG
      038.JPG
      File size:
      445.3 KB
      Views:
    • 039.jpg
      039.jpg
      File size:
      264.9 KB
      Views:
    • 047.jpg
      047.jpg
      File size:
      259.6 KB
      Views:
  11. showrod

showrod

lookin good man! I was thinking the chicagos hotrod custom and auto show turns 50 soon (this year is 49) be a cool place to debut it. hopefully they do something speicial for all the old survivors!

12. Sounds good to me.:cool:

13. WOW Very cool find. Thanks for bringing it back.

14. Hey Eddie! Looks good, man. I've been racing with Jerry a couple times this summer. I'll get over to see you soon................ Norb

15. Haven't seen him for a while.Stop by any time. The engine I got from Harry is super nice.

16. merc-o-madness

merc-o-madness

wow cant wait to see it done! what a cool frontend...I'm planning to do a similiar front end on my 54 merc, i got a desoto grill and stude pans, just need some quads

17. Back in the early eightys a kid showed up at the speck cruise nite in Portland and wanted to trade this rusty ole ford for my 65 impala lowrider and I told him to go away,about a month later I saw this car (victorian) in a book and it hit me like a rock it WAS the same car ,CRAP what a mistake...........live and learn,but I never forgot that stupid move..........

18. WOW!!! Sometimes ya just don't know. Did you sell the Pie Wagon?

19. Yeah its in really good hands of someone with the talent and resorces to make it right.....I knew I couldnt do that for some time and the car deserved better than just sittin for more years again,Im sure when hes ready he will show up with it............I am kinda bummed about it but thats life.KILLER job on the ford

20. Sometime we have to let one go to keep another,I'm sure you will appreciate seeing what he does to it & THANK YOU!

21. Tony

Tony

Lookin REAL good Eddie!
    i am really looking forward to seeing this thing finished up, it will be badass....again!! :)

22. See you in NY next week.I heard you sold the 63 SS.

23. keep up the good work ! look forward to seeing it back soon !

24. SWANKEY1

SWANKEY1
    from Venice ca

That 62 Merc. just gave me the idea of putting spotlights on my 62..

25. thesupersized

thesupersized

love that car, 57 desoto grills are my fav in a 57 ford

26. Tony

Tony

Cool man, you know where i'll be :).
    Yeah, sold the 63 and wish i didn't but it didn't go far..a close friend of the family has it. i'm doing a 62 now..
    seeya soon.

27. Ed....Gold Digger is such a cool ride brother.......can't wait to see her all done.

28. Plowboy

Plowboy

Cool, You should bring it down to the pileup even if it isn't done. I think they are going to bring back the "projects" section, which was always one of my favorite parts.

29. If I can get the engine in it in time.Would hate to bring in a Trailer Queen.:eek:

30. teddyp

teddyp

car looks like your doing a hell of a job on it can,t wait to see it done