Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Pics from my trip to the USA 2010.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jimmy B, Sep 8, 2010.

1. I've been in the U.S.A. the whole time, and it rarely is as cool as your visit!

2. SimonSez

SimonSez

Dunno, but I bet their breakfast tastes funny.

Great pictures - bet you enjoyed seeing the Spurgin/Giovanine roadster in the flesh!

3. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great Pics jimmy........glad you had a great time

4. BCR

BCR

Cool trip! Thanks for posting the pics.

5. Lucky Bastard Jimmy, sure covered some ground and saw some cool shit to boot.
    One day I'll make it over....

6. Brings back memories and stirs the emotions, thanks sir.

Looks like you got to meet some great people, and see first hand cars and places we only read about, rather humbling, and leaves you with a weird feeling now that your home I bet.

Look forward to hearing the stories and start saving/planning for next year...and I'll buy you a tripod;):D

Cheers, and talk later,

Drewfus

7. Hey Andrew, when you heading back over? Yep, I met lots of great people, I had a blast. I was on such a high the whole 3 weeks I am only now coming down.

Yeah I need a tripod for the inside shots I am a bit shaky. Must of been the lack of caffeine.

8. Hot Rod Dirty's

Hot Rod Dirty's
    from KY

Great coverage, I hope to do this someday myself.

9. Johnny Hambone

Johnny Hambone

Great Post
    Awesome Pics

thanks for sharing
    John

10. Deu55

Deu55

Where isthe Mullins Museum?..Rod.

11. Rod (Deu55) -

The Mullin Automotive Museum is located in the old Otis Chandler Museum in Oxnard, California.

Be sure to checkout these other Jalopy Journal Blogs & H.A.M.B. threads:

* 1951 Delahaye Roadster (TJJ Blog)
    * 1951 Delahaye Roadster (HAMB thread)
    * 1923 Voisin C6 (TJJ Blog)
    * 1923 Voisin C6 (HAMB thread)
    * 1927 Miller Indy Car (TJJ Blog)
    * 1927 Miller Indy Car (HAMB thread)
    * Talbot Lago T26C Grand Prix Racer (TJJ Blog)
    * Talbot Lago T26C Grand Prix Racer (HAMB thread)
    * Michelin Challenge Design (TJJ Blog)
    * Michelin Challenge Design (HAMB thread)
    * Into Art Deco Design/Automobiles? (HAMB thread)
    * Mullin Automotive Museum Photos (HAMB thread)

12. Deu55

Deu55

Thanx Hemi32...Rod.

13. Jimmy,
    Those barrel valves on the intake manifold look a bit reminiscent of those barrel valve carbs as fitted to the old Millers.

Any info on who manufactured them or are they custom built ?

14. Thanks Jim, see you at a swap meet somewhere!

15. FIL

FIL

Jimmy,
    I saw this RX7 running early in the week, maybe Monday? he was having a lot of trouble with it stalling when he tried to take off... it rolled and farted almost half a mile before he managed to keep the fire lit and get down the track... sad to hear it ended up on the roof later in the week...

looks like you went to a lot of the places we went too, we started out driving down to LA (after flying into San Francisco from Perth) and went to the Wally Parks and Petersen Museums... And we drove through Yosemite on the way from Bonneville to Bakersfield at the end of SpeedWeek... then after that, up the Pacific Coast Highway back to the SF bay area in time for the GoodGuys show the following weekend...

Definitely wish I could do it all again next year, but it looks like the Cadillac will be back in Australia before then (gotta move it out of my brothers place soon, and it will need some attention before I put it through another 5000 miles of hard work...), so when (not if) we return, it'll probably be about 5 years away... which is a shame, because we've had an absolute blast both times we've been to the states...

16. The throttle bodies are custom built by Curt (a friend of Curt's welded up the bodies), They are based on Duke Hallock's design. It isn't a barrel valve like Miller carbs it has a slide plate to control air flow.

17. hhrTroy

hhrTroy
    from Burbank

Fantastic photos! Looks like you had a great trip.
    Thanks for stopping by!
    Troy.

18. Jimmy, you're travel thread is right up there, in "Rock Star Status", just like a Bass, Denise or ChevyGirlRox thread. :D Now I must get the passport renewed and plan a trip to the Salt, now that "salt fever" is setting in.:rolleyes:

19. FIL

FIL

Troy, thanks for taking the time out to say hi when we stopped in too... :)

Write up and photos from our trip are at:
    http://tbr.landbarge.com

20. BLAINE 816

BLAINE 816

Great photos ,many thanks.

21. Hey Troy, missed your post before. Thank you for taking a few minutes to talk to us I know you were extremely busy, I really appreciate it and the T shirt I bought has become my new favourite T.

Next year! do it!! haha. Thank you for thinking my trip post is near Bass, Denise or ChevyGirlRox fantastic threads, they set lofty standards..

Thanks & no worries.

22. Fiddytree

Fiddytree
    from Durango

Fanfreakintastic. Thanks for the tips!

23. autobilly

autobilly

Well Jimmy, I finally got through this "pictorial odyssey". After we spoke last at SOT, I had no idea of the scope of your trip. Having taken my time absorbing this thread I now have a good understanding of how amazing it really was. Thanks.