Register now to get rid of these ads!

1954 chevy chop top

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Geach, Sep 9, 2010.

1. Geach

Geach

I know there is a lot of info out there in the forums already about this subject BUT I was seeing if anyone could show me build pics of a 54 chevy chop while keeping the rear glass and belt line?

Thanks

2. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

no pics, but consider lowering the rear and front glass down into the body-use an open channel lined with rubber to protect edge of glass and help support glass. you can have front chop area less than rear doing this as long as you plan out retaining stock angles for glass-use stock rubber channel along sides and top of glass-at lower edge along body use black silicon sealer along glass. do a lot of research if this is your first time chopping.

3. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

welcome to the HAMB. there are plenty of threads here about chopping 54's. while one more won't hurt, you should use the search function and find the old ones too since when you speak with 10 guys who have done it you will get 10 different ways to achieve the look you want.

4. dodgord

dodgord

im keen to see some too! i think there are too many chops done without it, i know its easier to replace the glass but surely there must be ways to keep the curved rear glass, lets see them!

5. The new re-pop back glasses from china (I know, me too) are laminated and can be trimmed to fit the opening