Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Canfield, Ohio Swap meet. Is it any good to go to?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by evol55, Sep 9, 2010.

1. evol55

evol55

Hello I have next week off, and I was wondering if the Canfield, Ohio Swap meet is worth the four hr. drive? Is it big, have a lot venders or is small and only junk tools? Thanks, Evol55.

2. papajohn

papajohn

I have gone to Spring, Summer and Fall Canfield various times in the past 5 or 6 years. It's hit or miss, nice size if the weather cooperates. Rain kills it fast. If the Infield fills up (like this past Spring) then it is pretty good size. It won't compare to Carlisle, but the selling prices are MUCH better!

I drive approx 3 1/2 hrs from Buffalo to get there. We don't fret too much on what is there or what we find anymore. We look at it as a day away from the wives and kids and if we buy something cool, even better.

If memory serves me, Spring is the best one, and Fall 2nd best. Summer was kind of small.

3. flamed40

flamed40
    from NE Ohio

I live 15 minutes from it. Spring is only one worth driving a great distance. I'm there when gates open most all of them for years. Fall is second best. Years past all 3 were great but turning into flee market like most.

4. 6-71

6-71

I go to all the canfield swap meets,but I am only one hour away. I wouldnt drive 4 hours to go. As was posted it is hit and miss as far as vendors,but spring is usually the biggest one. I look at it as a day out to BS with friends and maybe have a beer or 2.

5. Flathead26T

Flathead26T

i went to one the last spring. it was a pretty good sized swap meet. i picked up a model a grille shell in near perfect condition for 40 bucks. not as big as carlisle but as papajohn said the prices are definitely better

6. If you got the time off then make the trip, I've been to them all (spring,summer,fall) and have a good time. I've got some good deals and also kicked myself for not buying something I should have.

7. willys1330

willys1330

If the Weather is good its worth the trip the Fall meet last year was very good.

8. ems customer service

ems customer service

go have fun it more adventure then anything else

9. novatattoo

novatattoo
    from Canton,OH

If I get the weekend off I'll be taking the 37 up for the car corral.

Later,Bill

10. bkhpah

bkhpah
    from Latrobe PA

I always try and make this one. Its close {1 1/2hr} so its not a huge deal. The swap meet can be excellent, but sometimes its just exercise. But that's how swap meets go . Over all its a good one..BKH

11. ChromePlaterJosh

ChromePlaterJosh

Going to Canfield, OH is on my bucket list. Especially considering it has got my name on it :cool:. (my last name is Canfield BTW.) Going there during a swap meet is a must-do.

The only reason I haven't yet is the almost 5 hour drive.

12. Grumpy

Grumpy
    from NE Ohio

Its exactly as the others said. Sunshine plays a huge part here. I live 10 minutes away. Last years fall show was better than years past, but it was beautiful weather.
    I generally always find several things I wished I had the money to buy...:(:D

13. evol55

evol55

Thanks guys. It looks like I will be making a road trip. i haven't got to go the ones i usually go to every year. I need to stock up on some parts .

14. Kreal

Kreal

Hi,

I live about 10 minutes from it. I haven't missed one yet. This last one of the year is usually the big one. I may take a Road Runner, 55 Starchief and some Yugos. The Starchief is a hell of a car, but the brake master cyl went out and I don't think it will fit on my trailer so I may have to leave that one in the garage.

15. novatattoo

novatattoo
    from Canton,OH

This weekends forecast. YUMMY!
    Fri
    Sep 17
    <!-- wxicon & forecast -->[​IMG]
    Mostly Cloudy
    <!-- temps -->66°

Sat
    Sep 18
    Sunny
    <!-- temps -->78°
    <!-- row -->
    <!-- wrapper for row --><!-- day 6 --><!-- wrapper for row --><!-- row --><!-- Date -->Sun
    Sep 19
    Partly Cloudy
    <!-- temps -->79°

16. Ox65

Ox65

I normally hit all 3 every year, I missed summer this year,but planning on going this Sat. It seams to me lately that swap meets in general around here are getting a little better. Maybe people are getting tried of ebay fees and shipping cost.