Register now to get rid of these ads!

STOLEN 1941 Studebaker Champion Coupe

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by BarryBuchanan, Jan 12, 2010.

1. BarryBuchanan

BarryBuchanan

I would have liked to join under better circumstances, but maybe someone out there can help me.. After working my ass off to finally get a `41 Studebaker Coupe from a friend, it was Stolen a little more than 24 hours later.:eek: ! If anybody sees this car anywhere, or hears somebody bragging what a cool new Free Hot Rod they got, please email me .. [email protected]... or call my cell 805-218-3658. I'm totally broke, borrowed money from my brothers to get this car, and now what little fun I was trying to have, in this GREATER DEPRESSION, is in some scumbags garage. I know they're car guys.. This is an extremely Rare Studebaker Coupe... Only a few coupes were produced.. I haven't found one for sale nationwide.. It will be seen the second it surfaces.. I have this all over Craig's List, and have gotten a lot of support.. I'm hoping these guys realize that they can't do anything with it, and push it out on the street, or have one of their own gang collect the reward.. I've wanted this car for a long time.. I watch the internet, go to all the shows, and travel in this circle, so even if the Thieves decide to sit on it for decades, I'll be there when it hits the streets.... Imagine how you'd feel if you looked in the garage, and your Tricked out Prize Passion Ride was GONE !.. How Mad would you be ?.. I'll apreciate any tips or ideas on what I can do to get this 1941 Studebaker Champion Coupe Back ! Thank You !! Barry

Attached Files:

2. studefreak

studefreak

Always wanted one of those ,they are cool and hard to find .Id be pissed but that being said seems awful fishy to me !!!

3. william.ali.kay

william.ali.kay
    from Milwaukee

If it walks like a duck, and talks like a duck,,,,, 24 hours is a very short period for a car that is the "only one nationwide" to get stolen. Im not knockin your friend, Im just sayin it might be a good time to start backtrackin. Good luck on finding your ride. Ill keep an eye open.

4. dubcee

dubcee

babye your being overhauled!

5. ratrodder34

ratrodder34
    from Irvine,ky.

Chip Foose maybe.....Pimp my Ride.....

6. Good luck on getting your ride back. But why was it in your friends driveway?

7. Silly question, but you did call the local impound and wreckers right?

8. crackerass54

crackerass54
    from dallas

That does seem kinda fishy, but weirder shit has happend, hope you find your car and stick around for awhile

9. nutajunka

nutajunka

They aren't as rare as you think, lot's were built here in I.N., Plus if you look up studebaker gassers you will see a few on here. Sorry for your loss, but think about it being parted out also. Everyone here hate's a car thief, get the ropes ready boys, business calls...:mad:

10. theamcguy

theamcguy

Look at this objectively and you will see this was not a random theft. The car was at best a roller, so they knew what they needed to remove the car. 24 hrs is not enough time to find the car, scope it out, and get everything ready for the heist unless they knew ahead of time where the car would be. Where was the car when it was stolen? In your garage on your property in plain site? Next who knew you were buying the car, and when it would be there? The answers to these questions will point you in the direction of the thief.

11. draginsteel

draginsteel

What a shitty day. Good Luck

12. Miss56

Miss56
    from 626, Ca

I dont knowwwww but from what you described...it sounds pretty weird that they would steal your car within 24 hrs that you bought it. I would be suspicious of your friend or your friends friend. They are many shady so call friends out there...so be careful!!

13. HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM

HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM
    from Ojai,Ca

This car sat in back of a brake shop in Ventura for years, no one bothered it except some $##%@ who broke windows and headlights. This is some suspicious shit here. I know the brake shop guy and he is honest as they come. Somebody knew where it was towed and came back with a trailer and snagged it. I hope who ever got it puts a lot of money into it and gets caught and has to give it back all fixed up.

14. sixfink

sixfink
    from Germany

whoa, that sucks royally.

There is a reason why I am stamping all my modified and rebuild parts with my vehicles VIN numbers, from front suspension parts, over spindles and brakes, to carburetor and fuel pump.

I sincerely hope you'll get your ride back (have borrowed some serious money from my brother as well - not for automotive purposes, tho)

Should I ever see it pop up in Krautland, you can count on me not only reporting it to you, but also to the local authorities.

regards, Simon

15. HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM

HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM
    from Ojai,Ca

Any updates? I got a rope and a tree..

16. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

BTTT for some help!

17. cammer427

cammer427
    from Canada

Cameras are everywhere now a days, some business camera must have caught a glimpse of the truck and trailer. I'd start talking to business owners around your neighbourhood where the thieves could have passed by and ask if they could review their security/camera footage around the time it was lost. I'd imagine the police would be involved in the investigation and I'm sure they know what they're doing, but I would make sure they review the security camera footage from all the local businesses/banks/etc. just in case. Those scumbags have to have been caught on film somewhere along their journey.

And as others have already mentioned, it's way too suspicious that the car was stolen within 24 hours of its arrival. Could be someone who knows the seller or someone from the towing company. Of course it could be some local guy, but who the hell would be stupid enough to steal a car from their own area - it would be way to easy to get caught with the car.

I sure hope you get it back!

Last edited: Feb 23, 2010
  18. fjordrIver

fjordrIver
    from California

Saw this post, sorry about the theft and will keep my eyes peeled. This post as well as HAMB has been great. I saw the link to the shop in IL and it helped. so you never know. Makes me think twice about parking my car in the driveway... and who you tell about your car... Damn, something else to worry and stress about.

19. yardgoat

yardgoat

We change that a little here in Ga. I got a short rope and A tall tree.
    Thats sucks about your car,you might post a add on parts wanted on a model that would fit yours.DONT go with big stuff like whole cars ect,try gauges,intake if it had engine motor mounts ect and offer over $ value but not to far out.The idea of a trap is to trap,not to get them thinking about if its a trap.Be slow,smooth ect............good luck...........YG

20. exactly!!

21. trad27

trad27

Sorry to hear that, I will keep a eye out in Bako

22. yardgoat

yardgoat

I forgot to tell you,DONT TELL YOUR FRIENDS on any plans of posting adds.See if someone you know will let you use ther phone# on the add then work out what to say ect. Think out your plan thats why its called a plan.Iwas paying a friend to watch my wife during the day when i was at work.He didnt see anything wrong.HEwas the one sleeping with her.SO DONT TRUST ANYONE TILL YOU FIND IT..........YG

23. Sorry to hear that. I agree with yardgoat and also the post about the cameras. I will keep an eye out here in Dubai.

24. yblock32

yblock32
    from Australia
    1. Cranksters

welcome & good luck finding the Stude

25. 5w32

5w32

26. outlaw1949

outlaw1949

Welcome from Kentucky.

27. 4bangerNick

4bangerNick

sooooo true !!!

28. HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM

HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM
    from Ojai,Ca

I heard thru the Grapevine that this car was recovered in Oakview, Ca. Anybody know if that is true?

29. HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM

HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM
    from Ojai,Ca

Sorry about info of car being recovered in Oakview, Ca., it was recovered in Casitas Springs which is a couple miles away. Don't know anything else about it.