Register now to get rid of these ads!

Paso Robles...still riding the coat tails.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by theloosecannon707, Sep 3, 2010.

1. HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM

HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM
    from Ojai,Ca

They took my comment off of YouTube also...@#$%$&#$

2. seatex

seatex

It's sad when an iconic event like Paso passes, but there is an alternative........................ come to Austin in April, we're more on Jo's Coffee instead of Starbucks, and Home Slice instead of the Cali Pizza Kitchen, but guaranteed, the Austin City Council and all of us Central Texas Rodders WELCOME YOU!
    LONG LIVE THE LONESTAR ROD AND KUSTOM ROUNDUP!

3. Gerry Moe

Gerry Moe

I believe scottdavidbrennan is the owner of this video, he also is running for mayor of paso. He deleted my post and blocked me. Now if everybody sends a post, keep it clean and simple, example THIS IS A NEW CAR SHOW OR THIS SHOW IS IN NO WAY ASSOCIATED WITH THE FORMER EVENT. we will keep the owner busy deleting and get a little comment time

4. lotus

lotus
    from Taft, CA

mine was clean. he is going to delete ANYTHING that is not licking the stainless pedals of the cars in paso.

5. That was a fantastic video! Go to his channel and check out the other fine viewing he has available. :D great stuff! :rolleyes:

6. Three Widow's Garage

Three Widow's Garage

I live & work here so I went to the friday night cruise. Left after 30- 40 mins or so a -bunch of tri 5's Chevys, Mustangs & Cameros only a handfull of cars that I would have wanted to take a closer look at. Spent Saturday at Ventura Nationals, a little smaller than last year but some really cool stuff.

7. Weasel

Weasel

"Paso" is dead and cannot be revived. Any attempt to do so is bound to result in failure because it always was about the people who went there under the WCK umbrella and their cars. No amount of bitching is going to bring it back. I stopped there on the way back from Pleasanton, pulled off the 101 and into the Chevron gas station, talked to a Harley riding couple from WA who are opening the Le May American Auto Museum in Tacoma WA next year, and jumped right back on the 101. That's what Paso is nowadays - just a gas stop.:rolleyes:

8. hot rod newt

hot rod newt

Paso was great while it was here, but it's gone and will never be back. Been down to Santa Maria for the last couple of shows and WCK, Penny and the city of Santa Maria puts on a hell of a show down there. This last weekend's show was just what the city officials want, a "quaint little wine country show". Just my 2 cents worth....

9. Wow.. I gave it a shot and posted a comment on youtube. This guy is on top of this stuff. I lasted around 30 min. and was deleted and blocked. A simple comment regarding the "feel" of the video. I think I am done as far as the video goes. The more we respond to these blowholes the more attention they get. Let the merchants of Paso enjoy the $12.oo that the show generated and hopefully they will thank the city fathers appropriately on election day..

10. Muttley

Muttley

I posted: "That show is as gay as Charles Nelson Reilly in a loincloth riding a rainbow colored unicorn" at 6:45 am PST, lets see how long it takes for me to be blocked. :D :D

11. KIRK!

KIRK!

I fully agree that the people running the town are horrible and the new version of the car show has a lot of borderline discriminatory requirements, but to say that car show participants were never a problem is very uninformed.

There was a thread the year before the last year of Paso about what was going in front of the bowling alley. Lots of people, including me were fed up and spoke up. I was even threatened by one of the Southern California clubs for stating what they were doing (driving up and down the street literally dragging the tailgate of their truck while several of them hung off the sides with beers yelling and screaming). Those in that thread predicted the end of Paso because of the fuck heads that were ruining it, not just on that night, but plenty of others. and it happened.

Again, the town management is horrible and hurt their town badly with their decisions, but at least some of the blame does lie on some (a small minority) who attended.

I have so many great memories in Paso (over 15 years worth) and the whole thing just kills me.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2010
  12. One thing you can do that will stick is give a "thumbs down" to the two Butt Smooching remarks that are there. ;)

Muttley, your remark was there 42 min. later. a record?

13. Ah, good times:D. What about the guy having beer bottles smashed against his helmeted head in the Budget Inn parking lot:rolleyes:. Didn't you "know" him? LOL

14. Muttley

Muttley

It's been up for over an hour and a half now. I guess the guy is sleeping in, it must have been a wild night at the bingo hall last night.

15. chaos10meter

chaos10meter
    from PA.

And the problem with that is ?

16. KIRK!

KIRK!

I think so.

17. Hightone111

Hightone111

Paso is gone, Santa Maria sucked and thus the Battleborn Showdown was created.

18. El KaMiNo KiD

El KaMiNo KiD

i miss paso...santa maria is a great show, and what the hell is the battleborn showdown?..

19. True, They stayed at the hotel I had been at for 10 years and they even threatened the nice lady at the front desk, because she kicked them out.

20. NOTCH

NOTCH

The good ol days are gone at Paso, it will never be the same.
    the town management can try to make up and do something for folks and their merchants but theres no way they can
    bring that much revenue like what WCK did. Lame!
    and for Santa Maria, haven't been but I know I will have a great time .
    and thumbs down on the youtube vid!!!

21. 51Gringo

51Gringo
    from Nor Cal

I was there visiting family, went by the park. It was sad.
    I was looking for Mr. Bragg, thinking maybe there would be at least one person there that I could share common ground with, but I respect your decision for not going. I was in and outta there within 20 minutes. Lots of fond memories and I'll always miss it.

22. John H

John H

Any city that gave Stevie Ray Vaughn his launching pad and is going to hold a Formula 1 Race is number one with me. Y'all are the best!

23. vonblekl

vonblekl

I went to it - just walked around, didn't take one of my cars - it was rinky-dink - no food or other vendors allowed cuz ONE merchant complained, then didn't open till 11am!

24. Hot Rod Michelle

Hot Rod Michelle

I just posted a comment and gave it a thumbs down, Niero. We'll see how long it lasts.

25. Damn hoodlums.......unfortunately, these kind of low life’s have historically ruined many car shows and cruise nights over the years, and try as you may, there's just no getting rid of them. Their stupidity always wins, and usually something that was fun ends up being gone forever

26. NOTCH

NOTCH

someone needs to highjack that video and upload it on youtubes!!!

Last edited: Sep 9, 2010
  27. It sucks city planners killed the show! I say support the Santa Maria show and move on!

28. socalmerc

socalmerc
    from socal

i sure do miss that show. the first i went to was in 93 i think. Watson was the one that turned me on to it and i was hooked after that none of the other show i went to mattered paso was the one i would shoot for every year. the first year e drove my dads 50 merc and the next year i got my 53 merc ready that was the first show i hit with and the year after that i got my brother into it and we found him a 62 la sabre took it down to watson and asked hit do we do with it. real simple slam it and white wall it. it was a great family show and it brought all of my family closer. back then i think the only club that stood out was the lonely kings and the Salinas boys. and they didnt sit an bitch about the gold chainers or ol farts or what ever the hell you call them. it seemed like every body was there to enjoy the show and show respect to every one. we used to stay at he San Miguel inn and they were great. they had a bucket and a hose out so people could wash there cars, and the rooms were reasonable. the last year we stayed they said the hotel was gonna be sold and the new owners were taking over so they were leaving. the next year the rooms went from 78 dollar to close to 200 dollars a night with a three day minimum. that was the last year we drove there in our cars, just could not see paying what the town wanted for rooms. but i would drive up there in my regular car just to catch the Saturday part of the show and see the northern boys cars. the last one i went to and drove past the old A&W and see it was gone i told my dad thats it this show is finished. to me that was one of the main attractions of the show.

29. Can someone post the news video of this years Santa Maria news coverage of the show with the true comments on you tube.

30. speedaddict

speedaddict
    from Austin, Tx

I remember that thread....like it was yesterday