Register now to get rid of these ads!

Did I get Screwed?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by StudebakerBob, Sep 4, 2010.

1. StudebakerBob

StudebakerBob
    from Lapeer MI

I needed a title for my 27 Studebaker hot rod and I looked all over the web and I saw many positive posts about The International Title Service in Nevada. I sent all the paperwork they needed plus a Cashiers Check for $300. It's been 5 weeks and a week and a half ago I got a fax from ITS saying everything was fine, but the DMV was extremely backed up !??!!!

Has anyone else dealt with them? Did you get your title? I always look to the best in people and,unless I have reason not to, I believe what a person tells me. $300 is a LOT of money for me and after 5 weeks I'm beginning to get nervous! Does anyone know something about ITS....good or bad?

2. Antny

Antny
    BANNED
    from Noo Yawk

I used them twice. Never had a problem. Can't remember it taking more than a few weeks, but this was about 12 years ago. Maybe things have changed indeed.

3. dragsta

dragsta
    BANNED

call them. if they screw you around, call the FBI. it's a federal crime to scam on the net. see if their physical address is legit. my guess is however that it takes about this long.

4. Ruiner

Ruiner

Shit, getting a duplicate title in Minnesota takes a minimum of 6 weeks, and getting a new title takes even longer...I'm thinking it'll take awhile, but it never hurts to call ITS and ask...

5. Lowriders Art Gallery

Lowriders Art Gallery
    from Montana

Montana is running 6 weeks on title work. Seems to be a backlog everywhere. Doesn't hurt to call though.

6. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Lapeer, huh? I'll be damned. Lemme see if I can't find 'paperwork' for you.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2010
  7. Droppedhatch

Droppedhatch

I think that is all depends on the state, some stated are really slow about get title out. But I would give them a call and see what's up.

8. 7 weeks here in illinois and i had a legit title, just getting transferedtk

9. 53sled

53sled
    from KCMO

Hello FBI? I was trying to get a fake bill of sale for my untitled car and....
    I used Broadway out of Alabama, no problems.

10. seventhirteen

seventhirteen
    from dago, ca

can't confirm or deny nevadas wait time but california dmv gets really backed up from time to time, right now it's a 3 month wait to get plates assigned and i use a great registration service

so 6 weeks doesn't sounds so bad

11. I bought a truck in Ca in March and made the mistake of having the title transferred to my name. The DMV lost the new title and I had to try to get a replacement title from them. Long and short of it all is the truck is still sitting at the shippers in Gardena Ca. I have the new title now and it can be shipped. To try to talk to anyone in DMV by phone from Australia is prety well impossible. Hope I never have to deal with them again!

12. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey Aussie Oldie what did you buy? Hope its stock! BTW you know there is no need to get it into your name to export...

13. big bad john

big bad john

Takes 6 to 8 weeks in Wisconsin............Hope you get it soon.:mad:

14. Don't worry, they are legit. I'm sure that the issue is just a backup at the MVD... they use two states to get your paperwork done.

15. H3O

H3O

hope you get it soon. KDOT took forever getting the title back on my falcon. had the paperwork done in may and didn't get my title from the state until january or february. just glad i finally got it.

like i said before, hope you get it soon. good luck man.

16. broadways "loopholes" are slowly closing! things now are taking way more time plus more money$$$!

17. HOT40ROD

HOT40ROD
    from Easton, Pa

I was thinking the same thing. I wonder who would be in more trouble?

18. Both Braodway and International have changed up their ways of doing things the past year due to changed laws regarding this type of titlework. It takes longer now, costs more and they won't do anything illegal for you anymore...shucks.
    Just be patient.

19. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

Still waiting for a new title in Illinois , 4 months.

20. 29nash

29nash
    BANNED
    from colorado

Since they don't do anything you couldn't do yourself by going to DMV and following porceedure,,,,, one thing they can't do is make DMV work any faster than you could. 5 weeks don't sound bad.

21. 19vegas56

19vegas56

Nevada is having a huge budget crisis & everything has been cut, including the DMV. State employees have to take a day furlough every month & have had overtime restricted. It took about 6 weeks recently to get a Nv. title for an out of state titled car I bought.

22. I'm glad I used ITS when I did. $110 and 2 weeks. I had a temp license in my hand the next day. 1 week later I got my plate from the DMV. 3 years ago.

23. Frankenstein57

Frankenstein57

I transfered two old cars, one was a 58 ford from Michigan, one a 57 from Indiana. Took about two weeks, I did buy collector plates, maybe quicker? Mark

24. StudebakerBob

StudebakerBob
    from Lapeer MI

I really appreciate the replies, as long as I know it's coming I am happy. I've never used a title service before. I had a couple a motorcycle restorer friends use ITS years ago and it was smooth and took only 2 weeks. That why I went with them.

So GREAT! Hey ITS if you're reading this I'm cool with the time and I'll wait. I got the car insured and I'm running a Dealer Plate. So It's all good!

Thank you all again for the replies!!!