Register now to get rid of these ads!

Lowriders

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Groucho, Aug 3, 2009.

1. monsterflake

monsterflake

hey nads, look carefully at this one, the cobwebbed panels are covering the bodywork from shaving the door handles, trim and trunk lock, saving most of the original paint...

[​IMG]

2. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

I love that Rivi, but I can't bring myself to shaving this car, hell, I wanna put a vinyl roof back on it. I'd like to lower it just a bit, static drop with lowered springs and I'd love a set of Skylark wires but they're not exactly easy to find.

3. .C.D.O.

.C.D.O.
    from APT

Quick question.. Are most of these running stock tanks or fuel cells?
    thanks gang

4. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

STOCK TANKS. Fuel cells are for race cars.

5. nobueno

nobueno

Nothing To See Here...

Last edited: Sep 1, 2010
  6. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

You couldn't have picked a worse car for your flyer?

7. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

so what the hell is this doing in the Lowriders thread? really? :eek:

8. Lunatic

Lunatic
    from Carson,Ca.

this should put us back on track
    [​IMG]

9. RELAX! jae is a photografer, does a shit load of work for lowrider (thats why he is here) so if u know low riders u know jae, he is a very cool dude check out his web site and blog he is a amazing photografer.

10. DITTO! It'd be hard to recruit for an event that featured THAT on the flyer

11. Regardless. He still could've started his own "event" thread

12. I wonder how the Rivi is sitting so low? Even when mine is flat on the ground, there is 10" from the ground to the bumper. Channeled? Any more details on the car? I'd like to see how he did his exhaust system.

13. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

like groucho said below he could have started a thread to pimp his show or at least mentioned it with a pic that suits the thread.

14. Malarky

Malarky

I'll betcha the nose is raised and the ass is dropped. I used to be able to get my bumpers on the ground in my old lincoln. Cool friggin pic.

15. nobueno

nobueno

I see nothing wrong with the car.
    I frequent the Lowrider thread so I thought it would be a good place to post it.
    Thanks Miguel. I appreciate it. Like Miguel mentioned I am a contributor to Lowrider Magazine and I have contributed some images to this thread.
    I am not trying to recruit anyone. I know people appreciate my photography frequent this thread so again I thought it would be an ideal place to post it. It was purely an FYI.
    I guess I could have but I didn't and I am not going to. Again, no harm meant.
    I'm not trying to "pimp" anything. Forgive my fumble. It will not happen again. Lesson learned...

16. Looking again, I think you are right.

17. Is it a "Rat Rod" show? If I went to a show expecting lowriders and saw a bunch of cars like that, I'd want my money back. Or any show.

18. Moondog13

Moondog13

Quick question, when did the 13" wheels become popular in Lowriding? :D

19. I remember 13's being all the rage in '81-'82.

Joel

20. Moondog13

Moondog13

Thanks a lot Joel, I'm currently doing some research and I didn't know when it was that they came to play. Before then it was standard 14's and 15's right?

21. hemi

hemi

I swear if somebody ever gave me a '67-'68 Camaro... I'd lo-lo the crap out of it and install quad square headlights... This thread is one of my favorites.

22. I dont how he got it so low.I found the pic on layitlow.com there is bunch of slammed rivis on there.

23. slammed

slammed

13 inch wheel's were in used in East LA in the mid seventy's. Hot Rod writer P. Gahnal did a story and pix of the Imperial's back then. This thread should never die.

24. russ1403

russ1403

there is a episode of "livin the low life" called "laced" and if i remember correctly one old school lowrider had said using 13 inch rims was due to making the car low without modifying the suspension,and also using small tires at the same time,5 20's were the size that were used most.check the link below.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/138693/livin-the-low-life-laced

25. Rocket56

Rocket56

I love all the Low Rides , My little girl who is now 15 months old dances to the Low Rider song 10 times a day , She has one of those Santa and reindeer Impala musical toys ...It very very funny .

26. There were probably 13's in the Seventies. I just remember that 13's came into play here in Chicago at about '81 to '82. I had a friend that was the first to have them around here on his '71 Olds Cutlass.

Lowrider Magazine was full of ads for them back then and YES, they were made to get the car lower to the ground.

Personally, I think most reversed 14" wheels are the standard...

Joel

27. Moondog13

Moondog13

Thanks a bunch guys! That "Livin' The Low Life" video was pretty cool. I think I'm going to end up with 14x7 reverse offset Cragars or Astro Supremes. I wish I could afford some Tru-Spokes though! :D

28. touchdowntodd

touchdowntodd

ill make the argument that peter pan is right.. read the first few years of lowrider, and there are NO 13s until early 80s.. even then it wasnt like they took over, not until early 90s were tehy what some considered teh "standard"...

never forget that for a LONG, long long long time, TRU SPOKES, TRU RAYS, TRU CLASSICS ruled the lowrider world, and they never made a production 13" wheel, altho custom ones have been made since.. and before that it was cragars, supremes, rockets.. all 14s.. 14s and 520s were what 90% of cars had until late 80s early 90s when 13s gained more popularity.. only cars on 13s before that were vegas pintos VWs etc with 13" 4 way cragars or rockets. .. 15s were only popular on bombs

to me.. NOTHIN looks cleaner than 14 reverse

i might be a lil biased tho...

Attached Files:

29. touchdowntodd

touchdowntodd

combine that with teh fact that the driveway looks to be angled towards the camera.. also the chevy looks to be ass up face down..

who gives a fuck, KILLER combo of cars... always loved em

30. Moondog13

Moondog13

That's a beautiful '63 ! I'm working on a '63 now, but mine is a sedan (and no where near as good looking, rusty and crusty, but drives like a champ). :D