Register now to get rid of these ads!

Tilting Bomber Seats

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by djust, Aug 26, 2010.

1. djust

djust
    from Oklahoma

Would love to put a set of Bomber Buckets in my A Sedan but need them to tilt forward to access the back.
    Need ideas on being able to slide seat back and forth on a track and also tilt forward!

Whata ya Got?

Thanks

2. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Make up frames that tracks can sit on top, and make the frame pivot in front at the floor.

3. skwurl

skwurl

4. fasttimes

fasttimes
    from NC

I used a set from a 70's Mini Cooper that works great and I think the seat track work from the 70' thru the 80's model.

5. Maybe he has a multiple personality disorder?:D

6. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

probably like me, he's just looking for ideas, and Pictures..come on guys you know how visual us guys are:rolleyes:...yeah the ladies are right..we like to look at stuff:eek::D

im sure he's looking for some neat ways to get the job done..not some run of the mill cheap shot job to get r done

for the bomber seat slider tilt deal i would find a seat adjuster rack that you like..and at the end of the rail near the front weld two tabs with a hole in them..than run a rod thru both the tabs and waaala tilt!:cool:

if this dont translate well,, PM me i'll try to explane it better

Last edited: Aug 26, 2010
  7. djust

djust
    from Oklahoma

Just thought I would ask for some thing a little different than Von was asking for earlier more specific to what I looking for.

Sorry if some you guys had to spend a couple of seconds to analize my state of mind.

The ideas are the same but asking for Bomber style seats might have brought in some more input.

I can always count of Von to help any way he can, to bad everyone wasn't like him, the HAMB would be a friendlier place.

8. Relax Francis, we are just ribbing you.

Like myself and others have mentioned. It can be a simple hinge with a spring loaded pin or pins at the back of the seat.

9. djust

djust
    from Oklahoma

Been looking and PM'ing Jamey Jordan about his seats.
    I really like what he is doing but will have to come up with a way to adapt them to my Sedan.

Would rather have one of the Benches he builds but will have to settle for buckets to have the access I want to the back.

10. djust

djust
    from Oklahoma

Were good T
    I realize the question was pretty much the same as Von's Just thought the Title might catch someones else's eye that didn't chime in on the other thread.

11. Been looking at his seats. I do not see a reason why you could not get creative and have the bench tilt. Or have him make a split bench? Lots of possibilities.

The spring loaded pop pins I am going to use come on fitness equiptment like weight benches and racks.

12. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

careful now.. you'll ruin my reputation with talk like that:D

13. djust

djust
    from Oklahoma

I am going to pick his brain a little to figure out the possibillities, but it seems like a bench would not go forward enough before it hit the steering wheel or possibly the shifter.
    Split bench would only allow the top of the seat to tilt forward right, and that probably won't be enough room except for a kid to get through.

Would be easy enough to use those pop pins like you mention Hell I have them on the deck of my riding mower.

14. skwurl

skwurl

Haha I saw Francis and got spooked a little. Thats my last name. I was about to go underground there for a minute

15. djust

djust
    from Oklahoma

Small world we both have the same name now.

16. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Yeah i would stick with buckets..the bench deal in a Tudor for the front seats gives you a bunch of new headaches

17. My sports car buckets (Brit) have hinged backs so they fold flat. He could make the seat like that. Back folds down, seat tilts forward until drivers side touches wheel. Or just do that for the pass. side.

18. I work with an Albert, a Francis, and a Linus:eek:

19. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

T mannnnnnn you got any pictures of those clip pins?, pop pins or where you get um?

20. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

^^ ahh ok i see where your coming from now..

21. djust

djust
    from Oklahoma

I can take some pics of them tonite for ya.

T never thought about having him hinge the top to the bottom of the seat instead of being rigid the way all of the ones I have ever seen are.

Whata ya know the thread is becoming usefull after all

22. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

it better be:eek:

'cause my thread died:p

23. With a couple dozen or more folks working on similar things the info is usefull!

24. djust

djust
    from Oklahoma

Those are better looking than the ones on my Mower.
    Mine have an external spring and a J bolt style so when it is depressed the handle can turn so that it stays compressed until you want to put it back in its hole.

Can still shoot you some pics if you want !

25. The ones I am going to use have a nice little round ball on the end. But, I do like the ring style as well.

26. Sounds like you two need to get a room :D:D:D

27. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Shhhh keep it down dammit

28. djust

djust
    from Oklahoma

I might just keep the name Francis !!