Register now to get rid of these ads!

2010 ardmore hot rod reunion

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dragnews, Jun 10, 2010.

1. pecker head

pecker head

Woot Woot im in for the whole weekend !

2. Always a good time! I really like Ardmore and the folks I have met there the last few years, see you there! I will be driving the driver as the "Wildthing" is still a garage queen but the parts stash is growing every day! I think next year would be a good time for it to get it's initial time slips and I can't think of a better place or time!

3. 60 GASSER

60 GASSER

bring it!! see ya at mokan!

4. dragnews

dragnews

Remember when you were 18? All your buddies and you were lined up against your car on a dark Saturday night. While shining his light on a pile of smoking rubber. The highway patrol asked, You boys been racing? Relive those nights at the 5th annual
    Ardmore Hot Rod Reunion.
    [​IMG]

5. pecker head

pecker head

I heard the Original Rat Patrol Top Fuel is gonna be their !

6. dragnews

dragnews

gates open at nine, races start soon after

7. dragnews

dragnews

8. dragnews

dragnews

For all my Friday Night Texas Vs Oklahoma Gasser Rivalry, here'e a sneak look at the award.[​IMG]

For those wanting tp Participate Friday night. It's $20 test & tune entry, Texas cars vs Oklahoma. We will try and pair Anglia VS Anglia, Henry J Vs Henry J ect.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2010
  9. dragnews

dragnews

Never been to the hamb drags, but most of us will be at the track till wee! hours.
    The Cackle fest will be at the track this year not at the Motel. To many nitro cars for in town this year.

10. pecker head

pecker head

Thats cool ! Thats what I was curious about ?

11. dragnews

dragnews

Ardmore Dragway: Traditional Hot Rodding started here.

1959 Jim Ragland's C/A model A
    [​IMG]

And in 2010 it's still going strong / Jeff Beck "7 Deadly Sins"
    [​IMG]

5th annual Hot Rod Reunion / Hot Rodding the way my Dad did it!
    [​IMG]

12. dragnews

dragnews

The Motel is almost full so make your resevations today! Friday gates open at 4pm for parking and testing,Slow Pokes reunion at 6pm, gasser race at 8pm and cackle fest at 9:30pm. Saturday gates open at 9am for a full day of record runs and racing.
    Saturday night after the race we will be having a NE BOX race for $1000. No racing this year on Sunday.

Stay tune for some......................MAX........information it will Blue you away!

13. dragnews

dragnews

Not since Neil Armstring set foot on the moon has America seen such a historical event. Ardmore Dragway is proud to present the return of Ronny Young and Raymond Beadle's, New Blue Max Arrow Funny Car at the Ardmore Hot Rod Reunion Sept.3-4
    [​IMG]

14. Tinker51

Tinker51
    from Dallas Tx.

btt max rules

15. Mr. Mac

Mr. Mac

Love your poster on the reunion with the old Ram Rods car in the lower right corner.I put alot of laps on that car.Can you talk Doc into bringing it?

16. Junior Stock

Junior Stock

Wow
    You just keep pull'n 'em out.
    Shaping up to be a great Reunion.

Tim

17. dragnews

dragnews

Not since National Challenge has Oklahoma seen this many
    Pro racers in one spot. Melvin Heath, Gordie Bonin, Gas Rhonda,
    Blue Max,Scorpion,Floyd Head, Rat Patrol,Gizzle Hopper and the
    list grows by the hour. This will be one weekend that we will bench
    race for years to come. Thanks to everyone that has helped and
    everyone that is participating as a racer, car show or spectator.
    The highway is full of construction in Oklahoma, be safe and allow
    a little extra time. See everyone at the 5th annual Ardmore Hot Rod Reunion.
    Thanks Rob

[​IMG]

18. dragnews

dragnews

[​IMG]

As you come into town check out the digital billboards.

19. DirtyJohn

DirtyJohn

Guess I'm going to have a go at Hot Rod Eliminator. I know I can't handle you (especially in the 1/8th), but if no one else wants to play you can beat on me some Shocker :)

Last edited: Aug 26, 2010
  20. pecker head

pecker head

Dang ! Its getting closer !

21. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

got a major thrash going on on the henry j damned if i might actually make it there with it. may have to just shake it down all weekend but ill be in it i hope.. get bored stop by this weekend.

22. The Shocker

The Shocker

We can lin'em up and have sum fun if you want.Win or loose its still fun .I might even mount my camera on the rollbar again pointing out the window like the last time i ran at Ardmore .It would be kinda like DW vrs the Chevy thing from the '07 DOTD ,cept this time it would be Mopar vrs Chevy or The Shocker vrs the T.Outta be a cool vid anyway :) .Cant wait to race the Dodge again ,since i havent raced or even moved it since May.I have been starting it every few weeks though ...

23. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

you might check but i think they added an e/gas with a 8.0 index? check when you get there or rob will prolly see this and resond

24. DirtyJohn

DirtyJohn

Actually, I just looked at my time slips from Mo-Kan and I had a best of 7.51 in the 1/8th so maybe D gas is in my future. Never did this so I'm not sure what it's like to run 2 classes. I'll have my family with me and I like to visit so... AHH to hell with it D gas and Hot Rod Eliminator then LOL:D

25. DirtyJohn

DirtyJohn

I have a camera too so maybe we can share files of you wooping my ass!:eek:

26. The Shocker

The Shocker

When i got the Dart it was running mid to high 7.5's in the 1/8 and high 11.8 - 12.00 in the 1/4 based on the PO's time slips.I had a best of 11.71 at Mokan last year and i ran 7.39 in the 1/8 on the that run.On the 11.48 pass i made at DOTD last year it was a 7.27 in the 1/8.Im thinking if you had got a clean pass on the 7.51 in the 1/8 you woulda ran a high 11.7 or real low 11.8 in the 1/4.My car does a little better in the first half of the 1/4 IMO ,but yours may be a bit different .Some cars are effected more by bad air and heat than others as well .Mine is night and day difference .Good luck in the 1/8 next weekend .I see a low 7.4 in your future if the weather is decent and you get a good launch :) ...

27. DirtyJohn

DirtyJohn

I feel like I just have the wrong gears right now...if only those 4.86's could make it to my doorstep in time!

28. DirtyJohn

DirtyJohn

I have the wife and kid so I'm coming up early Friday morning. If I don't wake up at the line there won't be too much of a race for you. Can't wait man! I'll bring Max's booster seat if you like?!:D

29. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

bring em on texas, mine will make a maiden voyage should be fun... might better make it a single car pass too , hehe see ya friday night, come say hi at the gold henry j pit ...

30. 4406

from Oklahoma

I'm leaving Wed morning yo go pick up my trailer and 66 Belvedere. I'm going to try to make it down there. Hope to see you guy's there. I'll put my money on David Morris's coupe. lol I work with his brother.