Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features 1939-40 Mercury Kustoms. Pics !

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by J.B., Feb 15, 2005.

1. ricardo_rocha

ricardo_rocha
    from Brazil

2. OhioRiv

OhioRiv

A local favorite.

Attached Files:

3. 53chevy

53chevy

OK, I like taking pictures with some of the old cameras that I've been collecting for the past 10 years or so. I got this camera with accessories from an antique store here in Ventura (I'm temporally in Riverside getting ready to go to UCR). It has a flasher that hooks up and I couldn't be happier with my results (It's cool, I have to replace the bulbs each time). I'm NOT a pro by any stretch (hahaha!!!), just something I like to do. So here's some photos of Kevan Sledge's 1940 Mercury Custom at GNRS. It gave me a big kick to get back on mine and get going (I have a '40 Mercury coupe too!). I love the direction he has taken and the result is simply stunning. His and Kent's are beyond words and to me, what a true 40's Custom/Kustom is. I hope to add some more progress pics to this thread. In the meantime, Enjoy!

Last edited: May 13, 2011
  4. Rikster

Rikster

Those are really fantastic photos... you had me fooled for a few seconds thinking those where early 50's taken photos.

VERY NICE

5. 53chevy

53chevy

Thanks Rik! It's funny, because I'm an IT/Network engineer. I tried the digital route and never liked the results. This camera is awesome! I don't mind taking the time to repalce the bulbs and make the adjustments for each photo. I just picked up the rolls today in Orange County.

Ken

6. TheFrenZ

TheFrenZ
    from Germany

Way cool pics of a way cool car.Thanks much for sharing Ken.Changing bulbs after each shot sounds kinda funny.Can't wait to see progress of your '40 Merc !

7. 53chevy

53chevy

Thanks TheFrenz. Here are two more of Kevan's Mercury @ GNRS. I believe he has the side windows installed now too. Also, there are some pics of work I was doing to the rear of my coupe on this thread (nothing exciting though). Any updates on the Paul Hoffman/Ruddy Rodriguez '40 Mercury Custom? It was being painted the last I saw.

Ken

Last edited: May 13, 2011
  8. SlowandLow63

SlowandLow63
    from Central NJ

Me too!! Very cool!!!

9. Rikster

Rikster

10. Your pictures are STUNNING !!! I have to hook up with you and have you shoot my car !! Those are some of the best photos I have seen . WOW !!!! VERY IMPRESSED !!!:D

11. donut29

donut29
    from canton MI

here's the only pix I have of my mom's 40. Pops built it for her about 15-16 years ago

Attached Files:

12. low springs

low springs
    from Long Beach

we've been done with the body/paint and buffing. Rudy has been putting it together for the past couple of months. check it out in Sept when it will be displayed in Long Beach.

13. Wow!! Nice car:D
    Hey Mark. How's it going?
    Mn Mark

14. Rikster

Rikster

The Guys at Ida Automotive have done some more work on the 1940 Merc Three window coupe...

They created the drivers side rear fender

[​IMG]

Mocking up some front fender extensions...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And decided to move the whole trunk a bit forward for better lines...

[​IMG]

The new location of the trunk edge...

[​IMG]

And to get good access to the panels they removed the new top buck and top sheet metal..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Very nice lines, great graftmanship.... but its still LAYING FRAME.... and being LAME...
    I really hope this car will get a proper stance, and its only laying frame so they can have better access to it... I really hope so!!!

15. radio_king

radio_king

[​IMG]

Wow,stunning!I love the profile!

Kage and BigO like this.
  16. Holy cow! That is a lot of work - and a mountain to go!

Ditto on the stance Rik.

17. devilscustom

devilscustom
    from Sweden

18. SuperFleye

SuperFleye
    Alliance Vendor

Wow those photos looks great!! What camera did you use? Thought about buying a graflex some time ago, but I guess I wouldn't had time to set me in to adjusting the camera so I pussied out...

19. Why did they even start with a coupe?:eek:

20. While I agreee with your hope Rik I wouldn't hold my breath on it looking anything other than what it looks like now when it is finished as far as the stance goes.

21. Rikster

Rikster

Well there is still hope.

A few weeks ago I send Rob Ida an email and here is his response to the topic.

"I will take it under advisement. luckily with air ride, we can set it the way we feel it looks best in the end. I agree that there is a limit to anything (including being too low) if restraint is not practiced. thanks for caring about my project to take the time to write.
    Best,
    Rob"

22. Well hopefully he takes your advise!! Unfortunately alot of these types of customs end up sitting on their rockers and I agree it looks bad.

The '40 Merc Oz built comes to mind. Beautiful car that looks like someone dropped it from 50 feet and left it sitting there.

23. oz kustoms

oz kustoms

its more like 100 feet not 50 feei

24. Sorry if that came across as a slight on the quality of your builds as it was not meant to be. I absolutely love your work and you are one of my favorite builders I just don't care for the running board laying on the ground look as it looks broken to me. I understand some like it and that is cool it is just not for me. Always look forward to your update posts on anything you are building.

25. billys54

billys54

Great work nice lines on that car

26. oz kustoms

oz kustoms

no prob,,,it's all good

27. Crease

Crease

Lots of great work throughout this thread!!

28. Flyinlow

Flyinlow

Hi guys, I have a 39 Mercury Chopped by Bill Hines for sale. Anyone interested, please email me at [email protected] $18k for a solid and straight roller. $20k for possible trades plush cash. Thanks, Seth

29. J.B.

J.B.
    from Sweden

Sounds good. Link it to the adverts and do not comment it here. Thanks!

30. pinklady

pinklady
    from California

WOW! What talent and such a good eye. Amazing the work that is being done on this. You Ida guys sure have talent!!!