Register now to get rid of these ads!

Tim Hay passed away after crash in Iowa

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 17dracing, Aug 22, 2010.

1. 17dracing

17dracing
    from Indiana

Sorry to inform all , Tim Hay has passed away after a crash in Iowa last night . My buddy called me up last night to let me know . He was filming the whole thing . My thoughts and prayers go out out to his family .....

Attached Files:

• hay1.jpg
      hay1.jpg
      File size:
      139.7 KB
      Views:
  2. wetatt4u

wetatt4u

Tuff to hear.

God bless the family and

GOD SPEED to Tim..

All our prayers...

R.I.P.

3. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

How about some information on Tim for those of us who might not have known him. I'm one of those, but still have thoughts and prayers going out to him and his family and friends. RIP Tim

Frank

4. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

R.I.P. thoughts inprayers

5. LITTLE CAR

LITTLE CAR

Many prayers for the family & friends!!...R.I.P.

6. Don't know the man or know about him -- sad to hear in any case. RIP Tim and prayers for the family . . . looks like a close-knit operation.

7. FormerFueler

FormerFueler

Thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends.

8. GOD SPEED Tim, our prayers to the family and friends.

9. The37Kid

The37Kid

Prayers going out to his family and friends.

10. burnout2614

burnout2614

Sad to lose another good racer. peace to his family

11. olddrags

olddrags
    from ky

Just saw the sad news over on one of the gasser groups, He crashed at a race at Eddyville dragway last nite during a fuel altered race. No other info was given...RIP

12. truckncoupe

truckncoupe

not familiar with him but prayers going up for all involved....very sad!:(

13. Big Tony

Big Tony

Prayers go out to friends and family

14. 55ledsled

55ledsled
    from Magnolia

Sorry to hear this....Thoughts and prayers to his family and friends...

15. PORKCHOP76

PORKCHOP76
    from iowa

we will pray for his family.

16. HighSpeed LowDrag

HighSpeed LowDrag
    from Houston

I feel for the family and friends. Not good. Prayers sent.

As for Tim, he passed doing while doing what he had the passion for. God Bless him.

17. rick finch

rick finch

R.I.P. Tim.....:( Condolences to his family & friends.

18. Nitro crew chief

Nitro crew chief
    from Illinois

Tim was a great man and racer, we raced with him every year but this one at the World Fuel altered Nats in Iowa. He was a hell of a driver and showman, he ran an altered powered by a big block Chevy, and always ran a healthy dose of nitro. If memory serves me right he won the event in 2006, that was the first year. Part of me is very happy we weren't running this event this year, I would have hated to see this happen. we were in the lanes last year side by side, I talked with him the entire time. Again, he will be missed by many, my thoughts and prayers to the family and friends of Tim.

19. Ben de la Vega

Ben de la Vega

This is truly sad news. My heart and prayers go out to his Family & Friends.

20. CONNMAN

CONNMAN
    from Lampe,Mo.

Nitro crew chief; when you were runnin' there ,,was Denny Prochaska ,from Iowa Falls , runnin' his Fuel Altered Too ?? i was on his pit crew back in the day when he was running the "Tasmanian Devil" Top Fuel FED car ,and later his RED Top Alky Car ,,i'm from Iowa ,(Marshalltown & Des Moines) ,,,i went to Eddyville's 1/8 mile track alot back then ,,still have a friend that races there ,,Dave Schafer and his son runnin' Pro Stock ,,i didn't know Tim Hay ,,,but i vagley remember his Dad ,,can't remember his first name right now ,,been too long i guess ,,back in the '70's i had the "Boat-A-Rama" boat shop on 2nd ave & the river in Des Moines ,,,,
    Hard to imagine anyone getting so outa shape on Eddyvilles 1/8 miler to get killed ,,i remember when Karl Moyer bought it ,,he installed a ton of new safety stuff ,,just for this reason ,,he was running a '37 Chevy ( Ex Cannon Willys with a Chevy Grille ) Pro Mod back then ,,
    Prayers go out to Tim Hays family & friends ,,may he have a fun time at that "Drag Strip In The Sky" ,,R.I.P.Man,,

21. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

22. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PLLbC2bebns?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PLLbC2bebns?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

God Speed Tim.Really nice guy and family. Our prayers go out to the family.

23. wild willey

wild willey

My Families thoughts and prayers to the Hay Family. God speed Tim.

24. Tejas

Tejas
    from Texas

Tim was a great friend and pal to my son who has worked with the Fuel Altered group for years doing photography and being one of the guys, when my son expressed an interest in getting an NHRA license, Tim and brother Benny were quick to offer up a gas injected altered for my son to license in.. several trips to the drag strip over a period of time with Tim leading the way with patience and concern for safety gradually brought my son up to the point of making full runs and netting a license, something my son could only dream of .. Tim of course was one that signed off on the license .. unfortunately my son was at Eddyville Iowa for the race, having left Boise Idaho from the Nightfire Nats nostaligia meet making the long trip just to see his hero in action (Tim was the defending champ from last year), it was the final round and Tim wanted that win badly but it was not to be, my son of course shooting photos trackside saw it happen and it was a very horrific accident and one you don't want to ever witness but made even worse when it's your friend and hero in the drivers seat .. he will be missed ..

Tim Hay Profile here ..
    http://www.angelfire.com/tx/fuelcarfan/outlaws/hay.html

Tim doing what he loved, pedal down, tires spinning, flames shooting ..
    [​IMG]

25. mokantim

mokantim
    from joplin,mo

holy cow i have watched him run at mokan for the past three years and he has always been my favorite sad day indeed god speed tim an my prayers are with his family

26. teddyp

teddyp

sad to hear rip

27. GrizzGang

GrizzGang
    from D/FW

Tim was pure class.My heart is so heavy right now It's hard to put into words what a great person he was and he was aheck of a driver.He probably had the baddest true chevy on the planet. My love to his wife Candy and their three children(all 3 grown). Folks are already posting about Tim on the www.outlawfuelaltereds.com website. I'm sure there will be some great storys coming up cause if there was anybody to go on the road with or just hang with at the races Tim and his family and crew were it. I know I have few.
    Tim I love you bro.....Shannon

28. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

29. My sincere condolences to his family. Tim was always one of the guys that you could tell really loved running with the the Outlaw Fuel Altereds. They all know how dangerous those cars can be and they do it for the love of it. Thanks for the memories Tim, RIP.....

30. Rusty

Rusty

sad sad news!