Register now to get rid of these ads!

misused discriptions that irritate or annoy you

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rustdodger, Aug 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. "Balanced" is OK. But, "Blueprinted"? That's a whole different animal, of which most throw around much too loosely. True blueprinting is extremely expensive, takes a long time to really do all aspects of, and is pretty much reserved for the most serious of builds. And not the day to day stuff we see that have that term used. It can include squaring the deck surfaces to the crank center line, truing the center lines of all cylinder bores, indexing the crank throws, bush and index lifter bores, squaring the bellhousing mate surface to the crank center line..........and a whole lot of intricate procedures that I assure you were NOT performed on most engines that claim to be "blueprinted". It's basically correcting all the specs that were in the design process (original blueprint) that are lost, or can't be controlled by mass production.

2. Dr Goggles

Dr Goggles

Just got this one from the large online auction site, bless him he lives in the bush and his name is Trent... he means "drop" which is a large capacity fuel tank, but obviously it's always been "trop" to him.... I wonder if he has rocket covers on his heads?

up for sale is my vn trop tank it is in great con will fit v8 or v6. comes with factory stone gard straps neck and pumps.
    it has no rust and no dents.( its lovely)

PICK UP ONLY

3. chubbie

chubbie

OK this is just out of hand!!! so i just as well add to it!! close ratio 4 speed...............OH man my ford had the close ratio 4 speed! you only had to move the shifter a little bit for the next gear!! to funny john huyser and he has the biggest mouth around!! the louder he brags the more fun i have !

4. But did it have rust in the usual places?

and fercrissake spell camero rite will ya!

5. 61TBird

61TBird

When you spell it like that,you get 22 listings on SF Bay Area CL...:eek::D

6. Main Entry: de·scrip·tion <INPUT class=au title="Listen to the pronunciation of description" onclick="return au('descri03', 'description');" type=button itxtvisited="1">
    Pronunciation: \di-&#712;skrip-sh&#601;n\
    Function: noun
    Etymology: Middle English descripcioun, from Anglo-French & Latin; Anglo-French, from Latin description-, descriptio, from describere
    Date: 14th century
    1 a : an act of describing; specifically : discourse intended to give a mental image of something experienced b : a descriptive statement or account
    2 : kind or character especially as determined by salient features <opposed to any tax of so radical a description>

7. donnie

donnie
    from NC

They are

8. Scratchbuilt

Scratchbuilt

I hate the terms "Ol'skool" and "New skool", particulary when it applies to a late 60's to current model vehicles in suede black, red wheels and w/wall tyres.
    Crikey had you done this treatment a few years back you would have been laughed off the street, in the seventies and eighties all i remember were steetmachines.
    For the record i even hate it related to hotrods and customs, i tend to be era specific when relating to my own car mods, and to vehicles i wish to sell.

9. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

It strikes me that those youngsters who are ignorant of 3/4 cams and the history of the term, and to lazy to read through this thread to see if it has come up before, would be surprised to hear an early '50s hot rodder saying he had his 3/4 cam in a 3/8s by 3/8s flathead. No?......PS those of you who have noticed my spelling will be happy to know I have found the Spell Check and down loaded it

Last edited: Aug 22, 2010
  10. alsancle

alsancle

+1

It is kind of a lost battle so I usually say "CCCA Classic".

11. jerry325w

jerry325w
    from baltimore

camaro

12. Ed Zackley

Ed Zackley
    from Hokeyhomey

Camaro? That guy caint even spell rite wright. And who the heck is Criss?

13. T-Time

T-Time
    from USA

In 1980, I had a girlfriend that wanted me to paint her car all flat black. I thought she was nuts. I guess she was just ahead of her time.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2010
  14. Kerrynzl

Kerrynzl

And they have Barbies where they drink Tinnies, that they kept in their Eskies while they watch the Footy on the Telly

15. floydjer

floydjer
    BANNED

For those with spelling/grammar issues

Attached Files:

16. T-Time

T-Time
    from USA

Did you mean to look up the definition of "discription"?

17. 61TBird

61TBird

Only if it had Red Wheels....:rolleyes:

18. caletcb

caletcb
    from alabama

mayb we can werk up a trade asap. lol ttyl roflmao. but remember mine has a nos tranny with only 2000 mls on it.

19. agtw31

agtw31

old guy?

i was hearing that stuff back in the 70's:D

20. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

Probably from an old guy

21. It's Camaro with a capital C actually as it is a "proper" name.

22. HemiRambler

HemiRambler

It annoys me when people call some late model drag car a "dragster".

Then again - I see alot of stuff called a "dragster" that doesn't fit the term.

23. Kerrynzl

Kerrynzl

Does it have Alloy rocket covers and four volt mains?
    Is it a potentential collectors Item? [ because all the others are rusting out ]

24. Originally Posted by kkoacolonel [​IMG]
    I agree.A "classic" car is any car that was either expensive or low production car built up to '48.Thats the definition from CCCA.

It is kind of a lost battle so I usually say "CCCA Classic".[/QUOTE]

Are you trying to tell me that my 1965 Rambler Classic 550 is not really a true Classic?

I got ripped off!
    I want my $100 back!

25. billsill45

billsill45
    from SoCal

Carefull! Since the '70's were nearly 40 years ago (depending on which end of the decade you're referring to), that might put you in the Old Guy club as well! :eek:

26. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

Its not a phrase but, I notice alot every other Camaro I see for sale on Craigslist is a "Camero". Is that like " I got a "Sorny" Cd player I'll sell ya...cheap!"

27. D ROD

D ROD
    from New Jersey

This one gets me, good offers keep em coming. If they were good take it, otherwise get stuck with it!!!!!!!!

28. caletcb

caletcb
    from alabama

it does have the 4volt mane cuz its a corvette ho engine witch is rare minimal rust but lots of patina

29. hellcat666

hellcat666

my fav is hard top, cant tell you how many times i went to look at a car that was a "Hard top" to get there and find its a 2 or 4 door sedan, yes the top of the car is physicaly hard but that doesnt make it a "hard top"

30. mart3406

mart3406
    from Canada

--------------------------------
    Hmmm?? Just wondering....is that real
    'patina' that's in "all the usual places",
    or is it just rust and how do I tell i the
    difference??! Inquiring minds *need* to
    know!!! :eek::eek::D

Mart3406
    ============================

Thread Status: