Register now to get rid of these ads!

OK-How would this look as a Roadster? convesrsion!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RUMBLON, Aug 18, 2010.

1. RUMBLON

RUMBLON

OK, since I am broken ( broke my ankle) and cant go into the shop, I am in the home and my mind is running wild. I posted this on a Mopar board I am on, but since there are mad fabrication skills on here I thought I would ask for some input!!!

I have this 64 polara 4 door

I bought it cheap as I want a 2 door and this front clip is perfect. Its also a 3 speed car, so it has the necessary pedals for a conversion.

Since I dont see a decent 2 door in my future I am wondering how this would look as a roadster, with the back doors fixed and perminant. And the roof cut off and a fill panel in place like a vert?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ya I know, but it was a $300 car and if it looks stupid I still have the stuff I bought it for, the front clip and 4 speed stuff.

Wish I had some better pics. Any one whos good with photoshop wanna give me a hand? I found a pic of the black 4 door.????
    And before any one asks, no I dont want a 4 door and I really dont have the skills, to shorten it and make it a 2 door and or make it a real convertible. I have a 650 HP 500 stroker sitting here, looking for a home.
    Any thoughts?

Dave

Last edited: Aug 18, 2010
  2. off-beat

off-beat

If that were my car i'd give it the lowered on black steelies w/ whitewalls treatment and call it done.

3. nutajunka

nutajunka

I think it would be better by making it a two door with either 2 door doors or work with what you got and extend them and move the post back. Grab a welder and go after it.

4. 5foot2

5foot2
    from Maine

Make it into a cop car themed AXF car. Push the rear end up 12" and the front 3"-4". Paint it CHP black and white with a big red round Federal Signal light on the roof. I really dig injector stacks, so I'd go with a 426 wedge and some tall stacks. Don't forget the clutch-flite.

5. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

rather than build it as a roadster, with the back doors fixed and perminant and the roof cut off and a fill panel in place like a vert why not just send it directly to the crusher and let it die with some dignity.

6. Squablow

Squablow

That's my thoughts as well. Find some 2 door sedan doors, and preferably a chunk of the rear quarter with the door post in it, and weld it up into a 2 door sedan. The donor parts can come off of a rotty car, so they shouldn't be that hard to find. That's how I did my '60 Fury, it's not that hard.

It'll look like dog shit with the roof cut off. The car is a unibody, so you'd have to do a lot of fabbing underneath to keep it from folding up like a taco. The short front doors will be way out of proportion, and you won't want to take any long trips since you won't have a roof.

The two door conversion will get you what you want and in the end will be less work than the cut-the-roof-off butcher job.

7. Jax2A

Jax2A

I can't see it as a roadster without stretching the front doors out longer. Too much effort for the results in my book. Sorry, just my opinion, others may feel free to disagree.

8. Zerk

Zerk