Register now to get rid of these ads!

What street/City did you cruise in High School?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 73super, Feb 5, 2010.

1. ScottV

ScottV

Route 33 In Hamilton, NJ
    Front street in Philly (plus Little Delaware for racing and some other spots I don't remember the names for)
    The Levttown Parkway in Pennsylvania
    And of course the Jersey Shore loop (before it was Snookieized :confused:)

2. Blairfootn

Blairfootn

63/64 El Camino Real, Milbrea/ San Mateo, Ca.
    Midnight Blue 56 Chevy Belair

3. Van Nuys Blvd, 56 T-bird. Good times!

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  4. todd_a

todd_a
    from Tyler, TX

Tyler, TX, mid to late 1980's, Broadway from McDonalds close to the loop to down town around the square and back was the standard cruise.

There were a few tri-5 Chevys that I can remember but other than that everything was non HAMB friendly... Mostly muscle car era stuff and some late model cars here and there. I was in a '68 Mustang back then.

5. Why, are you gonna tell mom?

6. Road Oiler

Road Oiler

We would "cruise" up and down 4th street in Santa Rosa. We'd make a u-turn at Farmers Lane and back again. If we got hungry we would stop at "The Scarf and Barf", actually know as "Eat and Run". A little drive-in with 15 cent hamburgers and 10 cent coke.

7. BrokeBastards

BrokeBastards

in durant oklahoma the drag was on first street, and you went from the sonic to taco casa, and sat and drank beer in greenspray parking lot, had the occasional race too,

8. Toast

Toast
    from Jenks, OK

Ogden Ave. Downers Grove IL. Late 60's thru early 70's. Great times!

9. Saxxon

Saxxon

Winnipeg Manitoba
    Portage avenue was the primary cruise scene. We used to cruise west up to the A&W at Polo Park mall. then cruise back after a root beer. Back then if you wanted to sit and watch you could pull into the Polo Park mall and sit there all evening. Today they have security and throw you out.

Sunday afternoon cruising back in the 70's and 80's was best at Kildonan Park. Long slow drive around with tons of street parking. Pretty cool back then until the morons doing brakestands got it all stopped for many years

Currently Winnipeg has a great cruise scene with the Regent avenue Tavern United and the Grant Park Pony Corral hosting parking lot cruises sunday evenings

10. ripsrides

ripsrides

had alot of fun on colfax early 80s would park at super shops and donut shop close to casa bonitas had 4 door 57 chevy brite yellow sometimes 3 of us blue and red 57 chevys lost most of my pics heres one

Attached Files:

11. thirty7slammed

thirty7slammed
    BANNED
    from earth

Late 60,s early 70,s, 4TH Street, Louisville Ky, cruise to the library, then back to Kingfish, (a local restaurant and chick hookup). The local hot am radio station (WAKY) was on 4th street with the dj,s sitting in front of a glass window facing 4th. On the weekends it was wall to wall both lanes, beer bottles lining the center lane, usually took about an hour if I recall, to cruise one way, (thats what my left leg felt like holding my clutch pedal down anyway), ah, them were the days.............

12. toledobill

toledobill

Between the White Huts in Toledo Ohio.

Loop through the Colony Hut (where the normal kids hung).

Then north on Upton to the Sylvania Avenue Hut where the BUILDERS hung (great rides, good welds, smooth lead, but not the quickest).

Then west to the Sylvania/Secor hut where the younger kids hung out.

Back again to the Colony Hut where we felt at home and could pick up races.

13. 1941coupe

1941coupe

164 st flushing queens ny 1960 in my 46 merc coupe met my wife there we just celerbrated or 46 th ..

14. Mr. Mac

Mr. Mac

Tulsa,On admiral from Cotton's at the traffic circle to Millers at Harvard.
    62 till the Army got me in 65:mad::mad::mad:.

15. petes65usa

petes65usa

Mentor ave.[Rt20] from Painesville to Geneva, Ohio ....:cool:

16. Lild

Lild

State Street in Belvidere IL. From McDonalds on one end of town to Western Auto at the other. Years ago they put signs up down town warning against multiple passes through town. Commies!!!!!!!!!!!

17. motomatt383

motomatt383
    from Durham, NC

early '80s Syracuse, NY. we cruised Erie Boulevard hung out at the McDonalds. street raced on Pepsi rd, don't know its real name. or on Northern Blvd, and our favorite was 81S just south of the city, if the law showed up you could scoot to the next exit and get off right at the Indian reservation. man those were good times. you couldn't get away with so much of what we did now!

18. Hebert Racing

Hebert Racing
    from Louisiana

Jakson Street , Alexandria Louisiana in a 66 Chev. p/u

19. Freeman1938

Freeman1938

1954-55-56 Long Beach, CA, cruised all the drive-ins, Wilson High, drag raced on Bolsa and Bolsa Chica out in Hunington Beach, member of "Outcasts of Long Beach", Hung out at Santa Ana Drags until Lions opened.

20. gsport

gsport

and prior to that it was K street in downtown sacramento, before they built the mall.. late 60's for me

21. Wicked50

Wicked50

San Jose: Story, King, and Santa Clara

22. lewislynn

lewislynn

I moved around.

Fremont St. Las Vegas, Nev.
    Carls on Harbor (Fullerton?) They needed Rent-A-Cops to direct traffic.
    Bellflower Blvd.
    Beach Blvd.
    Some drive-in in Garden Grove on Garden Grove Blvd.

Alondra, Rosecrans, Paramount, Long Beach, Lakewood, Downey, Firestone, Bellflower, Whittier, you name it, every Blvd. in LA County was a cruise in the early 60's...Some were just better than others.

23. coolbreeze1340

coolbreeze1340
    from Indiana

Lincolnway, downtown Laporte, IN. Use to get a lot of cars then the cops started running us off.
    Franklin St., Michigan City, IN. McDonalds to Washington Park.

24. sixbangr

sixbangr

If this was between '63 and '66, I was there with you.

25. Mr. Jean

Mr. Jean

Van Nuys Blvd. late 50's - early 60's. :cool:

26. big bad john

big bad john

Around the capitol square in Madison Wisconsin in the sixty.........What a Blast

27. vcarvel

vcarvel
    from new york

The place that i cruise was HOT ROD BURGER KING on hempstead tpk in bethpage, Long Island new york .If anyone out there has any photos of hot burger king in the late 70s & 80s would love to see them.

28. BulldawgMusclecars

BulldawgMusclecars

You probably passed by my dad at some point...he had a candyapple red '55 Chevy custom in '57, followed by a '58 Impala (no idea what it looked like...think it stayed mostly stock) and a '60 Impala. He lived in Gastonia. I still stop at R.O.s BBQ everytime I go through there!

29. fast356

fast356

Bob's on Whittier Blvd, usually in my '53 Stude, occasionally with Randy Dubb in his '42 Willys gasser. Seems most of the racers were on Whittier, most of the custom cars did Harvey's Broiler in Downey. This was '63-'66.

30. speedchangesyou

speedchangesyou

I was there at the same time cruised the same places, I was in a car club called the Nomads. We used to meet in the center divider in front of the A&W. What a great time....