Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Super Run 2010, Brandon MB (pics)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Boyd Who, Aug 1, 2010.

1. Boyd Who

Boyd Who

We spent a very enjoyable 3 days at the Super Run this weekend. It was held in Brandon Manitoba, a short 45 minute drive south of us. There were close to 750 pre-1980 vehicles entered from all over western Canada and the US. Here's some pics of the more HAMB-friendly stuff that was there...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 1, 2010
  2. Boyd Who

Boyd Who

3. Boyd Who

Boyd Who

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 1, 2010
  4. Boyd Who

Boyd Who

5. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

this truck looks like week old, dried up ass crack.

[​IMG]

6. Boyd Who

Boyd Who

Everyone has to start somewhere. Here's a couple detail shots of it, the chassis was very well built...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The teenager who built it went on to build the hand-crafted aluminum roadster next. Here's some detail shots of it...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Ralph

Ralph

Thanks for the pics Al ! Glad we had a chance to chat at the A&W.
    That was a great weekend! Almost 800 cars. Nice to be able to park in the trees. I ran the Safety Lane Saturday. We didn't find much. Folks build stuff pretty well around here.went over to Rob Rose's Sunday night (Alley Kat Hot Rods). Biiig party! Anybody else got pictures?
    Ralph

8. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

Thanks for the pix.....

Chris

9. Boyd Who

Boyd Who

It was nice chatting with you too, Ralph. That was a fantastic weekend. I wish I could have made it to Rob's party too, but I was having some issues with the truck so I decided to head home early.

10. Ralph

Ralph

You'd think pics of a hand made aluminum roadster pickup would get some hearts pumping around here. Maybe you should start a thread just for it.
    Ralph

11. Thanks for great Pic's, looks like you had nice weather and cars (and Trucks)

12. Toast

Toast
    from Jenks, OK

That aluminum RPU is crazy! really, a teenager built it?

13. jakesbackyard

jakesbackyard
    from ND
    1. Upholstery

I saw that aluminum RPU at BTT50s. It's absolutely awesome workmanship. Thanks for the pics. I see a couple eastern ND rods made the trip.

14. Boyd Who

Boyd Who

I think someone started a thread on it awhile ago. I remember seeing something here. I loved the "stitching" on the aluminum pleats.

The weather was interesting. Hot and humid, with thunderstorms brewing up each day. Luckily they skirted around the event grounds each time.

I don't know the whole story, but that's the impression I got. Hopefully someone who knows the guy will chime in with the story.

There were quite a few ND vehicles there. Nice bunch of rides!

15. Ralph

Ralph

Well, TOAST, I'm not sure how old he is, but he looks mid 20's at the oldest. my favorite part is the upholstery - complete with stitching! He told me he got a friend to waterjet a little circular sawblade looking thing for his beadroller to make the tiny "stitches". First test pass cut the piece in half accidentally. back off the pressure and try again, and it worked!
    Ralph

16. jakesbackyard

jakesbackyard
    from ND
    1. Upholstery

That stitching really is something. He also used a soft skateboard wheel for the bottom roller on the bead roller. That's how it indented slightly to give the pleated "look". And you're right...he can't be more than early 20's. I think he is from Canada. I got his card but don't know where it went.

17. Ralph

Ralph

Yeah, he's from Saskatchewan. The frame is all built from round tube, too. Talented kid. I think we might see some more cool cars from this guy. By the way, he drove it to Brandon, too! said he put a pad from lawn furniture on the seat. It poured rain about an hour after the event ended on Sunday. He wouldn't have to worry about soggy upholstery though - just put a drain hole in the floor!
    anybody got more pictures?
    Ralph

18. whitey3518

whitey3518

I couldnt disagree more I think its a bad ass truck

19. hasty

hasty

Thanks for the great pics. Will try and get there next year.

20. VenomousType

VenomousType
    from Atlanta GA

some nice rides in there!

21. those headers are cool!

22. Thanks for the great pics Al - for those of us who couldn't get there. Maybe you could post a few more for us?

-Dave

23. Boyd Who

Boyd Who

It only hits Brandon every 3 years. Next year will be in Saskatoon, then Red Deer. It's back to Brandon in 2013.

Thanks Dave. I'll see if I have any other pics that are appropriate for the HAMB.

24. ratt7

ratt7

Thanks for the pics, nice to see the local seen!!

25. whitey3518

whitey3518

I never understood some peoples attitudes its like the Harley guys that frown on anyone riding something else I for one say if you are riding - ride and if you are rodding - rod

26. Boyd Who

Boyd Who

Personally, I like most all hot rods although I will normally pass by a billet-mobile without a second look. However, the HAMB is for traditional stuff and I don't want to put a bunch of pics up of stuff that isn't right for this forum.
    Anyone who wants to see the rest of my pics can check them out here...
    http://canadianrodder.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7646

28. wheel shop

wheel shop

Thanks for all the comments on my rpu,....unfortunately I'm not still in my 20's......I may act that age,...but I'm slowly creeping on 40.....I live in Regina, Sk. I own and operate a wheel repair shop there, and lately, try and build hotrods in my 'spare' time.... I was/am quite proud of the '37 I built a few years back that someone thinks looks like week old ass crack. I hate the term rat rod, but that was what got me back into old tin, so I built what I thought a rat rod was......a well thought out chassis, detailed to the last bolt, and locating a body that had lived a long interesting life....My view of rat rods has sadly changed...... From what I have seen in the past year is......build the most unsafe, bird $hit welded, rebar, tie wired, duct taped, spray bombed POS, claim it is ratty and you are cool....I hope there are builders out there that see this and prove to me that that isn't the norm.....sorry about the rant......just took that comment about my old truck to heart and compared to what I've seen lately it is far from ass crack.....I'm glad most people enjoy looking at the aluminum RPU and I'm excited to move on to my next project soon as well as put miles on the roadster.. Jay

29. wheel shop

wheel shop

30. chuckbob

chuckbob

Hey 49ratfink....Put your car's picture here and see how you feel when someone makes a crappy comment like that about it. Jeesh....Must be a S.F Bay thing. ;)