Register now to get rid of these ads!

Bought a coupe today!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by drifters cc, Aug 10, 2010.

1. drifters cc

drifters cc

Been looking for a 5 window for a while now. I found this 3 miles from my house. I am happy.:)
    "Its out with the NEW and in with the OLD."
    Racecar has to go. I am sad.:(
    All in all a good day.

Attached Files:

2. 1959apache

1959apache

swap the motors on that! looks sweet dude. keep us posted

3. drifters cc

drifters cc

Funeral expences are not part of the budget.

4. fattysgarage

fattysgarage

Haha. Great find. Plans?

5. RDAH

RDAH
    from NL, WI

I used to race roundy- round cars back in the 70's and I still miss the adrenalin rush that I got from racing. I build and drive my Hot Rods & Kustom now to fill that void.

6. jokerjason

jokerjason

Nice score man!!! You'll get more use out of the coupe, my drag cars sit alot!!! JOKER JASON.

7. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Congrats Scott!! Looks like a GREAT start and just what you've been looking for!

must be something in the air round here, I bought another roadster too...:rolleyes:

8. gladeparkflyer

gladeparkflyer
    BANNED

yeah but bein a dragcar, you can always throw in the old "low mileage" line when you sell it. :)

9. drifters cc

drifters cc

It's not in the air Andy it's a sickenss.
    Congrats back at ya.
    We probably should have bought bigger garages first.

10. Terry

Terry

Looks like a great car, Congrats!

11. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

That's awesome man!!! Throw those rear wheels on the front and get some 8.20 slicks mounted on Black steels wheels and power that thing with a full house Olds Motor!

12. drifters cc

drifters cc

There is a 400ci poncho motor in it now. I got a stout running 406ci sbc ready to go in now. And a 59ab being slowly done up.

Let me see a show of hand on the motor choices.

13. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Rebuild the 400 Poncho!!! I wish it were a 389 but a 400 will do.

Of Course the 59ab is a great choice too. It's all in what era you want really.

14. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

hell yeah. hard to top a coupe. i'm looking for another one also. congrats dude!

15. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

groovy old coupe looks like more fun than the straight liner

16. Rehpotsirhcj

Rehpotsirhcj
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

17. I SMELL SMOKE

I SMELL SMOKE

looks like a solid start to a hotrod!!!

18. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm kinda in the same place. I've got a vintage roundy-round car from the mid 60's. I've had it for about 25 years. Had a lot of fun with it vintage racing for the first 15 years I had it. Lately, I can't find anywhere to run it because I don't have a clutch and reverse or a fuel cell. They don't seem to have any push trucks around, so I usually can't run. I don't want to bastardize a mostly original car that has a lot of history. The car sits in my shop (everybody likes to look at it), but I'm now putting together a "T" tub with a flathead. In Minnesota at least, it seems that ts a lot easier to run a hot rod on the street than a vintage race car on the track.:mad: I guess I have to credit the MSRA for this. Thanks guys.:)

19. Original Gangster

Original Gangster

I have a local friend who just traded a Fox body Mustang all out drag car for an old hot rod project. His complaint was, he could never drive it and enjoy cruising. Thursday Pinks All Out is airing the episode of the Richmond, VA drag race and he and his (old) car is in the top handful of runners.

20. Nice Car, I was looking at this car on Craigs list yesterday and I almost called, but I was to busy to make the 4 hour drive to go look at it. Looks like it went to a good home.

21. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

make sure the fuel cell is big enough to go more then a 1/4 at a time.

22. crotex

crotex
    BANNED
    from cuero, tx

good score. how did you find it?

23. drifters cc

drifters cc

Thanks for the encourging words guys.
    The car was listed on Buffalo craigs list. I jumped to go see it and liked what I saw, but I was going out of town the next day and couldn't squeeze in any time to wheel and deal. So I left town and hoped none of you stumbled across the ad. This time I snoozed and won. Guess I got a bit lucky.

24. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well, you did say "show of hands" on motor choices. The resounding opinion here would be to ditch the SBC. Bullshit. That car has a high and mighty early drag vibe already built in (I mean look what you're selling). I can see it done similar to that 32 coupe from PA (Harry Luzader?). Some hidden electronic injection and 8 stacks, all street-worthy. Nose high straight axle look and some 5 spokes, full fenders...am I gettin anywhere here? The Poncho would be different but you're a drag racer, right?