Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods >>>1935 Ford Coupe: An Idiots Guide To Buiding A Hot Rod<<< PART 2.5!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JeffreyJames, Aug 3, 2010.

1. Great to here Memphis is doing better- hope to see you guys soon (Auto Fair's right around the corner)!

2. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I blame that on you guys. I was simple man with a '31 Chevy and '54 Chevy at one time. Then I met you guys and I've been wrecked ever since!!! Thank you Ron for your support through the ordeal. We're still not out of the woods but we're getting there.

3. E HANSEN13

E HANSEN13

Looks great good job...

4. Great news on Memphis! Glad to hear he is on the road to receovery.

Thanks for your advise and input on my '34. I value your opinion and can't wait to see what you do with your '34.

I agree totally with what you said about an early Chevy V8 vs a small block Chevy.

I like the sound of your plans for your other rides too!

5. bluesman

bluesman
    from spring tx

jj first and far most i hope your son gets well for sure...as far as your coupe..there ant no flys on it;)looks good man.....randy

6. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Like I said... You deserve all that of that!!! Holly and I have been thinking about the Jeffy Cakes family non-stop!

The car looks great and that is definitely a good bunch guys for pitchin' in!

7. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Thank you all!!! I can't tell you what a godsend all of the support has been.

As for my '35 I am so fucking pumped to get back on it so I can have it driving by the fall. I know I have a ton of work left but the bulk is done and again I can thank my family and friends for that.

Man, I keep going back to the pictures and I can't wait to get that Offy trans adapter polished!!!! As if money isn't tight or anything right?

8. 31whitey

31whitey

That's what we like to hear man, really stoked things went well and wish for a speedy recovery for Memphis.

Ron, Fuckin rad what you and the Lords pulled off, PALS.

9. 60'shotrod

60'shotrod

Jeffery, Now this is TRULY outstanding, I'm reading this with tears welling up in my eyes.You have some TRUE friends in your fellow Iron Lords and I will offer up another prayer for Memphis.

Nick.

10. hotdamn

hotdamn

my dearest jj

I cant tell you what it means to me to have been able to be a part of this for you.

you've always been one of the raddest dudes I've known and it was an honor for me to do my part of this.

that look in your eyes when I was telling you about how this came to be was one of the best feelings I have ever had.

love you bro, glad lil M is doing well and things are on the up and up :)

now lets get that engine in there!!!

and I want to reiterate that every one really pulled out of the wood work to make this happen, I think that is testament to what a fucking rad guy you are and what a real impact you have on those around you...

d.

11. I'm really happy to hear your son is on the mend - we will continue to add our prayers.

As for your friends, they are an inspiration to all of us in how to help a friend when he's down.

As for your car, it looks damn perfect to me!

12. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Only one more day until Memphis comes home!!! I plan on some well deserved garage time on Saturday just to clear my head and reset my nerves. First up, pay for that engine hahaha!!! After that I think I am going to clean up the garage and get that all ready for some work.

I need to research some threads on how to switch over to a dual reservoir MC. I'm vaguely familiar how it's done so I need to do some searching.

13. SanDiegoJoe

SanDiegoJoe

Bundle Memphis up and spend some quality time holding him in the front seat of the 35.

You gotta get that old car smell into their lungs as often as possible when they are small.

-Joe

14. Man I appreciate that but if it wasn't for Deltrone and "Viper" this wouldn't have happened. Mikey was the "clean" king. Huh Mikey??

JJ, Let me know when you want to do the brake lines and M/C.

Glad to hear about Memphis coming home. Let us know if you need anything.

BloodyKnuckles

15. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Thanks Boob! I am probably going to take Saturday and clean up the garage and try to get everything in order. There seems to be a lot more shit in there then when I left 2 weeks ago. Someone stole my Merc and left a Rat rod!

I am stoked to get those brakes situated because after that, the engine is going it!!! Speaking of which I forgot to research some. Damn!

Memphis is coming home tomorrow so it looks like Hot Cakes can expect Jeffy Cakes!

16. E.C.

E.C.
    from Tx

Sounds like a really good list of parts on this build.

Kids are only little once so make the best of it everyday.

17. Oh yeah!

BloodyKnuckles

18. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

Cool. Ill be watching this one come together for sure.

19. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Memphis is currently home safe and sound as I write this. Davina had a chance to see the '35 first hand and she's blown away by the work they all put in as well as just how rad it looks! She can't wait to get in and go for a ride!!!

Thank you all for your well wishes and encouragement again. I means the world.

20. Great news!

21. chevydeucewagon

chevydeucewagon

Awesome news, answered prayers for Memphis! Car looks great dude, and the story behind it makes it even better. That first family ride in it will be something that you'll never forget.

22. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Good news sir! Glad to hear he is homeward bound! And I think it was San Diego Joe a page or so back that said bundle him up and go sit in the thirty five a minute or two, and let him soak it all in. I'm not a dad, never had the desire to be, but I am a world class uncle to three boys. I only got the chance to do that with one of them, and guess which one wants a hot rod in the next couple of years!

23. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Great news, Jeffrey! Glad to hear it.

24. 60'shotrod

60'shotrod

Awesome News!

Nick.

25. completly brilliant news! get Memphis out in the workshop as soon as you can !

Keep us all updated with the progress...

26. seriouslybaby

seriouslybaby
    from small town

this is really great news for your family & what a damn fine bunch of friends & family that you have!! i agree with what Kisam said about this reflecting on what great people you & davina are!!

so glad to hear that Memphis is doing better & the diaper changes & every 2 hour feedings will be over so quick, that you'll look back & be telling Memphis all about the scares he put you thru!! have fun with him because time goes so fast... blink & he'll be grown!

the car looked so cool before & just looks even better now!!

27. As soon as Memphis is old enough.....get him Lego's. You'll thanks me later.;)

28. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Thanks Seriously Baby, I'm trying to soak it all in!

And Hitchhiker, yeah legos are definitely in the works.....that is until I step on one in the night and then I'll be cursing you!!!

On another note, right now I am trying to sell some suff to pay for all that polishing and chroming that I need (who needs chrome?) to get done on the engine. I'd like to get all that stuff back by the 1st of September so I can get the engine in. Until then I need to clean the garage and then get cracking. Brake lines and MC are first then maybe a battery box. After that I'll probably get on the dash with the new gauges and maybe insulation.

29. 39 chevy kustom

39 chevy kustom

Still thinking and praying for Memphis and the rest of your family. Glad to hear things are improving. The coupe looks great also.