Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Meltdown Drags pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Goober, Jul 31, 2010.

1. Would call it a very successful inaugural event. Lots o' cool cars and a great location.
    Here are pics of just a few of the many cars basking in the glow of the Byron, IL nuke plant.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 1, 2010
  2. KooDaddy

KooDaddy
    from Wis.

Kudos to the Midwest Gassers and ones who set this up also to the staff at the strip this was a blast. Cant wait till next year, this is a don't miss event,
    Nice pics thanks

3. Von Hartman's Henry J getting a nice holeshot on Koopmeiner's '55 gasser.
    At half-track look for the steam plume from the beautiful Byron nuke plant in the background.
    <object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/29Hn7rIcN6I&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1?rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/29Hn7rIcN6I&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1?rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

More vid's from today on my YouTube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/JWM630

Last edited: Jul 31, 2010

4. injunnuity

injunnuity
    from Wisconsin

Great pics! Had a great time I think for the first time it was fansatic it can only get better I have a ton of people to thank Eric, Bob Lehor, Paul , Jerry, Dean, Nathan, Terry, Byron and more I sure I didn't get everyone Count me in for Next year.

Peter D.

5. KooDaddy

KooDaddy
    from Wis.

Goober great vids you da man

6. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

7. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

NIce pics. That black cherry J was quick. The blue 55 was an awesome car. The green 56 was fun to watch run along with bobwop's 63. Great to see an 09 run like that.
    Coolest thing to see was that 63 hooked up behind that 62 wagon. Seeing that going down the road was just plain kool.
    Finally getting to see Zettles Bros Pontiac in front of the tree was another highlight of the day. It is one of my favorite axle cars.

All and all it was a pretty great day. Thanks to Von Hartman and everyone else.

8. My vote for the most "fun" car there -- the 44 cu. in. Crosley powered rail.
    Although I got it at the end of one of my videos, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvXI-MjsCKs&feature=related
    I wish I had a better still pic:
    [​IMG]
    Who cares if it only went 60? In 1960 Car Craft mag featured a mini T-Bucket (80" wheelbase, shrunk fiberglass body) with similar Crosley mill at Bonneville and it was only hitting 73 with a miles long running start.:)

9. Zettle Bros.

Zettle Bros.

We had a heck of a good time at the Meltdown. Was the first time ever that the GTO was on the track and also the first time for Steve to ever drive a car down a track. We have some tuning to do on the car but we had a awesome time. Even got to meet Jim Wangers, the godfather of the GTO. He already knew about the car from the HAMB Board!! Thanks to all that put it on, it was a great time.

10. ARNIE

ARNIE

Here ya go! I had a Great time & met one of my goals!! I made it into the 60'S, But not quite the teens (20.8) Arnie

Attached Files:

11. Thanks for posting pics and the youtube links guys. Some very killer cars there.

12. RAY With

RAY With

Great pictures and the link with the drag races was tops! Looks like everyone had a hell of a good time and the cars looked great!

13. DITTO, Pete I had so much fun running you! I am still smiling. I still can't believe we ran 3 times. I can't wait to do this again. Thanks Pete for telling me about the picture from the track photographer. I bought one and so did Eric. I talked with Rick and I think he is going to send me the files so I can try to get an article in a magazine with his pictures.

Hey Pete, you are bringing the dragster to Symco April 13th & 14th correct? Race cars get in free!

Hey Gooober, thanks for the videos and pictures! VERY NICE!

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MivyDwrl6gQ&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MivyDwrl6gQ&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

14. [​IMG]
    Thanks Rick, (track photographer)

15. injunnuity

injunnuity
    from Wisconsin

Paul I had a great time to and the picture will look good up in the Garage.
    Not sure about Symco we will have to see when it gets closer is it August or April or do they have 2? If it is August can't make that one.

16. ARNIE

ARNIE

How can we get hooked up with the track photographer? Thanx! Had a Great time! Arnie

17. Hi Tom, It was great to see you run! I have his card and he said he should be linked to the track website. I will post that info later.

18. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

19. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

Pete & Paul.....thanks alot for matching up guys....I watched that video and every time it makes me smile!!! Highlight of the event....for me. Nice job Thanks Again!!

20. injunnuity

injunnuity
    from Wisconsin

I hope you count me in for next year I will help anyway I can, Also Paul has a great B&W picture really looks like back in the day Thanks again AJ the fan was much needed.

21. Last edited: Aug 2, 2010
  22. You mean this one Pete? This is the one I took in 1965 at the track!:D

[​IMG]
    Rick's Action Photos

23. injunnuity

injunnuity
    from Wisconsin

that's it time back to the future date on it

24. Is this better?:D

[​IMG]

25. Tin Can

Tin Can

Was a great day at the strip

26. mjb3707

mjb3707
    from chicago

is there a video of the event and how can we get a copy

27. Tin Can

Tin Can

coolstuff was videotaping the event

28. koop13

koop13
    from Wisconsin

All-

Here is a quick compilation of videos that my friend took at the event.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yG2Nh2JWQ-I

I have each of these videos separately and will work on getting those posted on youtube as well.

29. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

great video compilation!