Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods The Official Track-Lakes Roadster Picture Thread...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by OoltewahSpeedShop, Nov 7, 2009.

1. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

GOOD LOOKING little car. Well done. Gary

2. '46SuperDeluxe

'46SuperDeluxe
    from Clovis, CA

Attached Files:

4. OOOOH this is good stuff here! THANKS to all for sharing new & old.

5. greeno

greeno
    from Fresno,Ca.

It has a 2.3 Ford Esslinger equipment sohc with Delorto carbs.
    Gary

6. denis4x4

denis4x4
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Colorado

Here's a Bob McCoy cartoon of my Zipper. This is the second Zipper built and the only on that I know of with a banger motor.

Attached Files:

7. kingpins

kingpins

here is mine. scratch built everything

Attached Files:

8. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

Nice!

9. I don't know if this picture has posted before but it is of one of my all time favorite track roadsters.
    Thanks for starting the great thread !
    Ron

Attached Files:

10. Codeman

Codeman
    from SE Mo

Haven't checked in on this thread in a while. That is a killer looking little modified.

11. -Brent-

-Brent-

This thread solidifies the fact that my T needs a hood top.

12. Brent; Craftsmanship= A+, Documentation= A+, Tidy Shop=A+ ...Move to the front of the class ....... Congratulations on a very nice project.
    Ron
    p.s. All of this should go into a book on how to do a vintage Gow Job !

13. metal man

metal man

This one was built by my friend and mentor,David Gale in the mid 60's

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 20, 2010
  14. metal man

metal man

another pic.Same car.

Attached Files:

15. 41 Dave

41 Dave

Love this thread ! Lakes Roadsters RULE ! Keep on posting these neat photos. Giving me all sorts of ideas for my '29 Modified.

16. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

A gold chainer bought it and had Brizio "update" it. Everything got real shiny, and then...
    Well, it didn't turn back into the orange modified at midnight. Too bad...but so it goes with all thing$ Brizio....

17. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Is that the Bud Jones '27 with steel body and 'glass bustle? That car turned 112 MPH at the Ol' time drags at 'Baylands' in No. Calif in the mid 12s. All that with a mild 5/16 by 1/4 flatmotor. (276 C.I.)
    We (Bud, our wives, and I) were on Highway 580 that morning, flat towing the roadster behind Bud's '57 Chrysler 300, same coral color as the Roadster. A 'San Jose Set'. (the Chrysler and the roadster, not us)
    Some turkey in a Chev Malibu was gonna pass us, but Bud needed to get off at the exit, so he put his foot in the big 392 Chrysler, the 2 fours cut in, and we passed the Malibu like a freight train passin' a tramp...with a Racecar In Tow!
    The 'hang-arounds' at the ticket booth were standing just past the little building, and as we slipped by after paying the entry fee they could be heard to say, "Wow, a 300...That's a Hemi...Shit, it's a Letter car..." then, as the roadster passed, "Son-of-a-Bitch! Lookit that..."
    We just howled.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2010
  18. No_Respect

No_Respect
    from So-Cal

This is an awesome thread lots of beautiful roadsters! I hope this is the beginning!

19. Just to keep this thread going, I thought I would make this entry....... A few weeks ago I hauled the "Ghost Rider" to London Ont. where it will spend the winter waiting for the Detroit Autorama in late Feb. I didn't want to make the trip from Thunder Bay during the winter, as the drive along the North Shore of Lake Superior is not my idea of a fun trip, at that time of the year. Anyway,while I was there, I had Dave Picher of Ailsa Craig, just outside of London, stich me up a tonneau cover utilizing the existing top snaps at the rear of the body. I sure was pleased with his craftsmanship! If you are interested, there are a few more threads with posts re: "Ghost Rider". Jeff Norwell started the first one which has a bit of the inspiration for the project etc. Maybe we will see you in Detroit ?
    Ron

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 14, 2010
  20. A Boner

A Boner

image.jpeg NICE!
    Dave Gale was one talented HOT ROD builder!

Last edited: Nov 25, 2019
  21. gas pumper

gas pumper

I think you're right. I know the car came from CA and the owner told me that it's not pink:eek: it's Chrysler 300 red. That the PO painted it to match his 300.

22. cheap-n-dirty

cheap-n-dirty

here is tom beattie's before he added the blower. look at the cener exhaust ports.

Attached Files:

23. jmh

jmh

Some very sweet rides..:p John

24. xhotrodder

xhotrodder

I think I've seen these at the Nationals in Louisville. You probably had to take a towel and dry them off after I slobbered all over them. Nice rides.

25. FASI

FASI

Here is a "modified" my son-in-law Stewart (LimeyKid) and I designed and built the body and frame for. Body is stretched 6" on 106" WB.

Attached Files:

26. atch

atch

where did the stretching take place? you've done a bang-up job if the stretch location isn't apparent.

27. storm king

storm king

Kick me in the butt if I've already posted these, but I saw this nice hot rod at the NSRA meet in Louisville this summer. I especially like the removable extended cowl with dual windscreens...

Attached Files:

28. retroridesbyrich

retroridesbyrich
    from Central NC

Sweeeeeeeeeet!

29. storm king

storm king

Here's a couple more...

Attached Files:

30. Pudgedaddy

Pudgedaddy

MY brothers Track t with a quad 4 engine. Built old school style. Very nice Track T.

Attached Files: