Register now to get rid of these ads!

'65 Riviera Wheels

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Richard D, Jul 30, 2010.

1. Are they hard to find and/or valuable? I put different wheels on my car, should I hang on to these or get them out of the way? They are O.K., but far from perfect.

2. MIKE P.

MIKE P.

My opinion keep em . You might change your mind and want to run the stocks again .... You could always blast em and powder coat em too!!! Then again you know what they say about opinions ....

3. Anderson

Anderson

Are they the steelies or the chrome 5-spokes?

4. Chrome five spoke with black centers. I'll take a picture in a bit.

5. This one is the worst:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This one is possibly the best, but all three others are about the same:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    What the Hell, shop dogs? Where did you come from?!?!?
    [​IMG]

6. Get some of those 2 bar spinner caps they put on the fake wires and the plain old hubcaps if you want a diffeent look...

7. I already put different wheels on my car, I was just wondering if I should keep the stock wheels for a rainy day.
    [​IMG]

8. Fu-Manchu

Fu-Manchu
    from az

Those where popular wheels back in 65-66. In popular customs from those years you see alot of non Buicks rolling those.

9. When's Los Blvd. coming back up?

10. Fu-Manchu

Fu-Manchu
    from az

It's on now...

http://losboulevardosmessageboard.com/

New address!

BTW I love those wheels. I have a set for my Electra. The pre-67 ones have a cool deep offset that are almost a reversed look.

11. I'm glad it's back, but the scrolling back and forth sucks. Hopefully they'll fix it.

12. bb1970

bb1970

I'd hang on to them. They aren't expesive. The caps are worth what the wheels are. I'd say $100-$200 without caps, $200-$300 with. Here is what I did with mine since I don't have center caps.
    [​IMG]

13. mt94ss

mt94ss

Both '65's that I've owned came with the finned conical center caps, not the flat ones. Do you know which ones are correct for the '65? I'd keep 'em anyway. I usually have a couple sets of wheels for my cars. You can really change the attitude of the car just by swapping the tires.

Later,

Mike

14. bb1970

bb1970

The flat caps are correct for the '64 & '65. The cone shaped are for '66 to '70.

15. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

I'm not a fan of the stock wheels. They'd be nice for spares, but I'd sell them and use the money on the car. But that's me...

16. What are they worth to a restorer?