Register now to get rid of these ads!

Any help needed from the ladies (or anyone) please...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by nashvegas99, Jul 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nashvegas99

nashvegas99

RESPOND AT YOUR OWN RISK (HAHAHAHAHAHA) Ok, I need some help. I need someone to explain to my wife the "illness" that a person like us has. She gets so frustrated about me talking about cars and about what I want to do with cars. She doesn't understand the whole "too many projects" way of thinking. She's lucky though...I only have one project. It's my second project in 2 1/2 years, but I sold the other one to get this one. It's the "one I thought I wanted", but now I've decided I like a different breed of cars and want to get rid of this one. She says, "I just don't understand. You have a car to work on, just work on that one. I don't get it." I just need somebody that can put it into regular person way of thinking (or maybe wife way of thinking).

2. retromotors

retromotors

Explain it to her in the context of shoes.
    She'll understand immediately ....!!!:D

3. low-n-slo54

low-n-slo54

I've been barking up that tree for 10 years now. Good luck!

4. T-Time

T-Time
    from USA

Good luck with that!

Try this:

Or maybe not. She might slap you.

5. harrington

harrington
    from Indiana

If you have to explain it to her she will never understand it...

6. nutajunka

nutajunka

I like the shoe ideal, will have to try that one myself.

7. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

My ex-wife was like that. Now she's my ex-wife. She had that way of thinking. That 'ex-wife' way of thinking.
    At first, she was the "one I thought I wanted", but when she told me how much she hated my mild-kustom '53 Vicky, my '55 F100, then my '27 Highboy, I realized I liked a different breed of women and wanted to get rid of this one!
    Anyway, she left. She was my age, too old for me anyway.

I hope you can get her to see things your way, or you could end up like me.

But it's not bad...Now I'm remarried, and she's younger...and gorgeous. We have 5 hot rods, my F100, a nice F1, my '54 Ford Coupe (gasser) the '63-1/2 Galaxie, a classic BMW 635i Coupe, and a '66 VW bug, plus 2 more '67 bugs, all apart. Now, the perfect wife is suggesting we get rid of the 'extra' 2 VWs.
    It's starting again....

8. ken1939

ken1939

I think the shoe thing can only work for the following:

Why do you have so many

Why are the all black

9. Tell her you'd rather change cars than wives.

10. LDGn63

LDGn63

diamonds are a girls best friend... buy her some and she will pretend to understand you.

11. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

wimmins.... if not for the "hoo-ha" there would be a bounty on thier heads.

12. nashvegas99

nashvegas99

love the last one racingonerobb.

13. To start with it is not a sickness it is a passion.

Don't ask her permission to sell one project to buy another. no reason to explain it she either gets it or she doesn't.

I personally don't understand your problem. My wife and I have been buddies since we were kids, she is the daughter of a rodder. Her basic answer to other women when she is asked about my projects, as if it is any of their business, is that I don't drink, dope, or have women on the side and that I should have something to do.

Anyway if she has cloths, a place to live, and food what else could she want.

14. Yeah, Ron White said it best when he said the diamond companys new slogan was " Diamonds, they'll leave her speachless ". When what they really mean is " Diamonds, that'll shut her up".

15. Vintage_Vixen

Vintage_Vixen

this is one of the funniest threads i've read... period...
    my thoughts on this:
    it most definitely IS an "illness" ... you either get it or you don't, there's no making others understand it ...
    and i have the same problem with men. they get sick of me after a week or two because i spend so much time with the hot rods... something about "you're always at the track blah blah blah" (i usually stop listening at the track part)... some of you boys just can't keep up with a gal like me. HAHAHAHA =)

16. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

Reminds me of the best ad I ever saw in Hemmings, amybe about 1973:
    "1941 Studebaker Champion, wife says it goes or she goes. Your choice, $400.00."
    Always wondered how both the sale and the relationship went...

17. CADILLAC AL

CADILLAC AL
    1. oHIo

I guess I got lucky. My wife says she would rather open the door of the shop & see me there than have to chase me down in a bar or crack house.
    When it comes to addictions....I chose wisely.:D
    Al:cool:

18. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

I thought crack was cheaper and safer than hotrods...??

19. Tell your wife that your girlfriends ok with the whole car thing! Haha! :D

20. RQuantz

RQuantz
    from Las Vegas

It's an attraction, an affection. Something you really have programmed in your head. Cars are your passion, your hobby. Tell her there are a lot of worse things you could be doing.

If she doesn't 'understand' that, well....

Last edited: Jul 27, 2010
  21. And that's the whole answer right there. PNB'r chose right to begin with.

The real question is: what's her objection? Is it the ONE car that you have to play with? The time you spend? Or the money? Have you given her a legitimate beef, or is she just being demanding.

If it's the latter, you can get rid of all the cars the 'War Department' doesn't like, next it'll be your tee-shirts, record albums, etc. Until you're wearing one of those fucking 'Snuggie' things, watching QVC with her, and allowing her to carry your genitals around in her purse.

If you're hitting the family funds to play w/ cars, imagine how much you'd like her to spend on spa treatments, girls'-night-out, and etc...

If it's the time, then look at that issue. Are you being out of line, or is she just giving you some gyno-grief?

Bottom line: either you're out of line or not. If you are, knock it off! If not, depending on circumstances (aka child support and alimony), you may or may not choose to try to make peace.

Good luck, bro.

-Bill

22. jonspinup

jonspinup

From a woman's point of view I can respect both sides. I enjoy the hobby and don't mind the cars and the rust or watching and helping him work. However, when the cars, Jeeps, trucks (ok anything greasy in general) come before me ALL the time, that I have a bit of a problem with. I understand we spend "quality time" working in the garage or chasing the next best investment all over the state but as much as I love it and want to learn, doing something of my choosing and spending time with me with out the wrench would be nice. Maybe you need to ask her specifically what she doesn't understand or what the "real" problem with your passion is. I do not think or suggest giving up your hobby, that would be asking you to change for her, but compromising can go along way. Just my 2 cents, you asked.

Good luck!

23. brad chevy

brad chevy

Just her when she lets you start picking out the clothes you want her to buy and wear,she can tell you what to do with your cars,and remember,you won"be getting supper or anything else tonight.,but if all she is doing is asking questions about it and you ain"t argueing about it,leave well-enough alone.My wife knows I spend alot of time on cars but if she comes out and wants to go for a ride on the scooter or just wants me to take her somewhere I am gone.My old man said something when I was young,and it works everytime. "IF YOU CAN"T GET ALONG GET AWAY"

24. Paul

Paul
    Editor

shoes, seriously?

as in; three pairs of shoes that cost over ten thousand dollars each?

sorry that analogy doesn't work.

there is no rational excuse.

25. texasred

texasred
    from Houston

Now that's some funny shit.. TURE but still funny..

26. Curly Hand

Curly Hand
    from Tucson

Women are governed by emotion: Love, Jealously, Fear, Envy. Men are driven by appetite: Hunger, Thirst, Lust. To get what you want you simply present an emotional argument rather than a logical one. Manipulate her emotionally and you will when every time. Try and introduce logic into the conversation and you are going to need a bottle of Tylenol for the headache. Have you ever heard the saying "treat a whore like a queen and a queen like a whore"? This is emotional manipulation in it's purist form. I do not mean to suggest anything about you or your spouse. I just want to illustrate the differences between men and women. Best of luck to you.

27. willymakeit

willymakeit

Im into hotrods,guitars and guns. My wife is into horses. Hers require constant upkeep. We been married 26 years. We dont ask permission,just wether we have the extra money. She actually wants me to get the 56 done,I just wont spend the money. All in all she is a great wife.

28. el shad

el shad

Mine doesn't mind my "illness" at all. In fact she let me buy my last car on Mother’s Day. I treat her very well, and she lets me indulge in this lifestyle.

If she didn't I am guessing that a few nights in a shelter for battered women would tune her up!

29. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

If you've got a running hot rod take her for a good, fast ride. If you don't, barrow one and do the same. Then go hit a small show or cruise night. In five years I've managed to turn a gal from Hong Kong with no automotive feelings at all, into some body that is even quicker than me to haul the next project home. She loves going fast, she loves the social aspect of what we do, she loves the attention she gets when we're out and about in the '48. Quite the turn around...

Attached Files:

30. el shad

el shad

OK OK..... I was kidding.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.