Register now to get rid of these ads!

4 years ago today...the 41 Ford story

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chris, Jul 23, 2010.

1. Today is my Nephew Hayden's 4th birthday. 4 years ago today I was on my way to Billings, MT to meet a guy with a 41 Ford tudor sedan I was buying. He was from rapid city, SD. and told me he would meet me in Billings for a couple hundred bucks extra. I got the call while on the road that my Sister had the baby. Kinnda wierd, I was just thinking about it. 4 years seems so long ago, I have had a lot of neat cars since then, but I really liked that 41 Ford. My good friend Turdchaser owns it now. Anyways, just thinking out loud. What will we all have owned/found 4 years from now???

Here she is in the progression:

What it looked like the day I got it home:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I put together a 59AB for it and scrounged a side loader tranny
    [​IMG]

Drove it around stock height for a little while....it looked super dorky!
    [​IMG]

Got the front lowered and didn't get to the back for a while. I remember it had such a rake I couldn't see ANYTHING out the back window!
    [​IMG]

Back finally lowered
    [​IMG]

What she looked like just before she went to a new owner
    [​IMG]

2. hotrodjeep

hotrodjeep
    from Tama, Iowa

So does this mean the "I HATE Chris Club" has their 4th Anniversary today?

Jeff

3. People have been hating me for 29 years ;)

4. SUHRsc

SUHRsc

Chris... thanks for sending me searching back in time...
    Turns out at the same time as you (well close, the first weekend in August), 4 years ago... I was just picking up this sucker!

The difference is.... I raised both ends up higher rather then lower them! :)
    [​IMG]

5. I remember watching that '41 in the classifieds and wishing I had the $ at the time to buy it. Hope turdchaser is having a blast with it. Found a 42 in similar shape that you started with this past winter.

6. Joe King

Joe King

I wonder what I was doin 4 years ago

7. 41 Dave

41 Dave

Chris, That '41 just sits perfect ! Looks like it loves to Cruise !

8. Muttley

Muttley

Four years ago I owned this:

[​IMG]

And was waiting for this to be delivered from New Jersey:

[​IMG]

9. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

That '41 finally got me to like '41's. Now I want one.

10. It's for sale again right now...

11. Who had it down here in Rapid City?

12. Oh man....a guy named George Wilson if I remember (like Dennis the Mennis). Native American guy. Super nice, and a Hamber too but I can't remember his handle. He has quite a few projects....at least last time I talked to him

13. Oh, and I was wrong. His buddy lived in Rapid City, George lives in Pine ridge or something like that...down in the SW corner

14. Yes, I know George, he is on here. Good guy, used to see him when I worked at the shop, now we just cross paths from time to time.

15. turdchazer

turdchazer
    Member Emeritus
    from Spokane

His H.A.M.B. handle is 31ACoupe, he contacted me as soon as I had posted some pics of the 41 on here.
    Every time I look at the 41 I think of the impact that car has had on my life, I have become friends with some of the nicest people that Spokane, and surrounding areas has to offer.
    But as you guys all know there are those machines that you have had on your mind for a long time and have always wanted, and to get the ones I want, I have to let somthing else go. But the friends They can hang around as long as they want:D

16. Thats cool man, your not so bad yourself ;)

Oh, and you don't have to tell me about selling something to get something better...I do it dang near weekly :D

17. I ran into George at the swapmeet yesterday.