Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My Sons Model A with tail finns

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Docfranknstein, Jul 15, 2010.

1. Kerry67

Kerry67

Love the car.....Not sure about the fins. I might like them, just not sure yet. Let me stare at it awhile.

2. Hotrod95

Hotrod95

Haha! Clam down... :D:D:cool:

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  3. 61 chevy

61 chevy

4. 29nash

29nash
    BANNED
    from colorado

I had a '59 Chivvy that looked something like that from the rear.

5. LOL thats cool as hell..Its got that Grandpa Munster feel to it like its something he would have rocked..

6. big-daddy-george

big-daddy-george
    from New York

Some of you older guys might remember an A coupe out of a Connecticut Custom Shop in the early sixties that had big fins coming off the trunk area and also the rear roof corners with 59 Mercury tail lights mounted in them. Pretty sure it had real swoopy fenders on it also. It was in all the magazines and on at least one cover. A little over the top even for that era if that is possible. Can't remember the name of the car or the builder.

7. neonloverrob

neonloverrob
    from newton, ks

That would be bad-ass with a w-head motor and a 4 speed with the shifter sticking out the top! I dig it for shore! Old quick change... maybe some aluminum slots or baby moons... Heavy flake paint... HELL YEAH!

8. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Not the first time the '59 fins have been used on an A. I remember one 30-40 years ago that was green if memory serves. After all of these years it's still a radical idea and you should keep on keeping on with this one. I agree you need to follow up the rear with an equally shocking front treatment.
    I'll also add my thanks for your son's service. Tell him to stay safe and come home to help you finish this hot rod.

Frank

9. Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Haha.
    [​IMG]

10. I see all of the elements of one fantastic ride..father son project, step out of the box originality, quality build, and one of our true heroes (servicemen serving our country) ownership. Yes, I love it. Thank you for what you do.

11. Mindover

Mindover
    from England

Looks a bit strange to my eyes but each to their own. The main thing is that you like it, that's what customising is all about- being individual and building something different.

12. MODELA30

MODELA30

But officer i know i was not going 80 miles per hour because at 80 the ass end of my car starts to fly away!!!!!! Thats cool!!! Knuck from indiana.

13. marcosbodyshop

marcosbodyshop
    from West Texas

14. 1LoC10

1LoC10
    from Dyer, IN.

looks sweet....good job

15. pecker head

pecker head

No shit !

16. AstroZombie

AstroZombie

Durka Dew is the best by far!!! Been over there many times, and always love the "good" soda once we get there. The ketchup flavored potato chips are good too! :D

I think that coupe is WAY outside the box, but I absolutely love it. Doc, what branch is your son in? I'm Navy and I love when the ship is stocked with foreign snacks!

17. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Business in the Front... Party in the back...

18. 41 Dave

41 Dave

Doc, You and your son are sure having fun woth this build. Looking forward to his return and the completion of this "A"
    Second as a vet also thank you son for his service for our countyry. Wish him a safe return.
    Third so sorry for the loss of Larry Watson. The afternoon we spent with is all the more special.

19. celticskull

celticskull

i guess we drink different water on this side of the world...... but build what you want and have fun doing it i say

20. Theo:HotRodGod

Theo:HotRodGod

21. Ed Roth lives...

22. 117harv

117harv

MULLET custom, lol. I like different, and this is different, like another poster said it needs a custom grille to bring it all together, ROCK ON.

23. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

Well.......It's different for sure but it's his , not mine ! :eek:

Retro Jim

24. freebird101

freebird101

that is cool, would have never thought of something that cool

25. Docfranknstein

Docfranknstein

Kevin Lee, that's bad ass, that Young Man must have seen the same Car Craft from 1960 that We have, Ours might have had a 58 back end if the diff in price was not so great, it also almost ended up on the back of a pick-up cab like My 32 but then My Son said He wanted the coupe body, funny how things work out. I know My Son plans on enjoying His very much when He is done serving Our Country. Oh and He is in the Navy, but I can't go into too much detail about what He has been doing,( besides drink'in Durka Dew) as I don't want to get Him or Me into trouble. Von Doc

Attached Files:

Okie Pete and chryslerfan55 like this.
  26. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:rolleyes:...Hamber @Docfranknstein hasn't been on in several years...I wonder if his son ever finished this...
    anyone know these fellas?

27. Thanks for fixing the pics.

I’d drive the crap out of that.

28. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Could we take turns...:p
    I know Doc was a radical thinker and his son seemed to have caught the same vibe...I can just imagine dad saying your not leaving that trunk-lid stock are you...:D

Last edited: Aug 21, 2022
  29. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I tried...I mean I really tried...but I just can't see ANY reason to do something like that to a Model A coupe:eek:

Bandit Billy likes this.
  30. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

In the early 60s the Roth Radical Buzz was well underway...It's not for everybody...