Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Meltdown Drags -VINTAGE DRAG Meet- at Byron Dragway-July 31st

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Von Hartmann, Jun 9, 2010.

1. injunnuity

injunnuity
    from Wisconsin

Paul
    If AJ can't I will, I'll have the 4 wheeler down there to hopefully start the dragster if it won't start I would be more than Happy to be your pit crew for the day!

2. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

Be careful, Paul. You may get offers for narcotics.

3. oldiron73

oldiron73
    from WISCONSIN

I went on the Byron website and the track and facility look real nice.
    Looking forward to a nice day of racing.

4. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

Oldiron73 glad to hear your coming down from Northern WI!!!

5. koop13

koop13
    from Wisconsin

Bgas56

I think I figured out why you are hesitant to race. The last time I drove in your Impala you had to stop to get something out of the trunk....when you came back 10 minutes later from the long walk to the trunk you looked pretty tired. I guess they don't allow boats on the Byron strip.

6. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

Pete....Some way shape or form we will help you get that Pontiac powered FEED running....Dont worry!!

DYING to see it run and drive.

E

7. injunnuity

injunnuity
    from Wisconsin

Thanx I can't wait to come down and have fun, Any HELP I can get I will take, You will understand after you meet me in person just ask Bobwop!

8. ARNIE

ARNIE

9. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

Pete needs LLLOOOTTTSSS of help! And I am not talking about his dragster. Dang Pontiac nut!

It appears I have a race for the Nostalgia Super Stock car.

10. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

Really what car? COOL.....we were kind of hopiong you would bring the 63' since as of right now that Superstock seems to have the least cars...Gas and everything else will be loaded.....although I could be wrong about S/S.

11. Sounds good! I looked for you at Iola, but you were no where near your car.

12. AA/Fuel34fordpu

AA/Fuel34fordpu

Eric you owe me one I slowed Ryans car down today at the track!!! Make Ryan put the 301 on his neck because his hair would cover it on his forehead.

13. Falcon Gasser

Falcon Gasser

Alright this thing is gaining alot of attention and sounds like there is going to be a great car count and some great grudge races, so is there anybody running mid to lower 11's? I hope to have some great side by side racing, its fun to run side by side even if you lose.

Jon

14. AA/Fuel34fordpu

AA/Fuel34fordpu

Jon you will find some door handle to door handle races on the 31 I would bet on it.

15. Falcon Gasser

Falcon Gasser

Sounds good, looking forward to this event.

Jon

16. Hellfish

Hellfish

Looks like I'm going to be there, but not in the Econo. :(

17. AA/Fuel34fordpu

AA/Fuel34fordpu

Joe you gonna bring the Chevy down?

18. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

James.....make sure you have a sharpie with you..:)

19. AA/Fuel34fordpu

AA/Fuel34fordpu

20. injunnuity

injunnuity
    from Wisconsin

Bobwop, Rumor has it you might not bring the Willys on the 31st could this be true?

21. Von Hartmann

Von Hartmann

What the Hell James! Eric must be bribing you for you to support that little "Rudy" motor of his:D

22. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

Black & Decker Aquarium Pump, Ryan

I would assume Bob is bringing the Willy's since he is scheduled to match Race Mike with it.....Ryan and I forgot to publicize... any of the 6 feature cars that fail to show forfeit..if you forfeit you have to walk around with Hemi, BBC, 301, flathead, sbc whatever on your forehead.....maybe we will take some pics of Bob with BBC on his forehead...Bob can it be true?

23. If they let my old t-bucket run at the Heads Up, pretty much anything will be able to run. That car ran a 13.00 on old bias plys and seatbelts bolted down to the wood in the floor of the fiberglass tub. No roll bar.

Your totally right, the more the better. It is nice to be able to go to a show and enjoy it instead of working at it!

24. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

Gentlemen, I will have to wear the BBC badge on my forehead, I am going to forfeit.

The 42 Willys now resides in Richmond, VA along side the "Virginian" AWB car. It went to a much better home than I could ever give it...air-conditioning, heat, tiled floor, bright lights and pin-ups girls for his annual calendar. I sold my Willys ):

I will be bringing the "Faded Memories" nostalia superstock car. Bob Lehor will bring my 56 Chevy gasser. And who knows what else might decide to show up.

25. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

Time to start building another Willy's....ok James....now you really have to make sure you got the Sharpie!!!

Bob - the Willys will b e missed was a sweet ride.

26. Hellfish

Hellfish

Neither Chevy is running yet, and I'm still chasing problems in the Econo. My wife decided to turn the weekend into a long family fun weekend, which will include attending the Meltdown, but NOT driving the Econo and the minivan all over WI & IL for 2 days before and after. So, we'll be there in the stands, but not on the track.

27. Wow, sorry to hear about your loss Bob. where should I send the sympathy card to? I was planning on buying it after I won powerball:D

28. injunnuity

injunnuity
    from Wisconsin

I knew something was up with Bobwop Selling the willy's. It sounds like it went to a good home, At least Bobwop will still be there on the 31st that is all that counts!

29. Von Hartmann

Von Hartmann

better change your Avatar BOB!

Man, I knew you were afraid to lose to that 56, but JEEZ you didn't have to sell the car to get out of it.

30. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

I had to sell the Willys just to stay in business. I plan to remain in business until I am completely broke. I have not slept well since deciding to sell Willy, but such is life.

I probably will change my avatar, but not for a while. I feel like continuing to pay tribute to a great hotrod.

Besides, I got to meet Mike in Indy and kinda like the guy. I would have felt bad about putting a whupping on him, so maybe it is for the best.

At this time, the 56 Chevy is already enroute to Byron, via Union Grove. The "Faded Memories" car will be there and I am thinking maybe we will shake the dust off something else.