Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage GRETNA DAYS CAR SHOW 2010 (Nebraska)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 2NDCHANCE, Jun 14, 2010.

1. 2NDCHANCE

2NDCHANCE

2010 Gretna Days Car Show will happen on Sunday, July 18, 2010 in downtown Gretna Nebraska. Sponsored by the "Road Burners" and "Star Dusters" car clubs. Last year we had a great turnout of about 200 cars. Good food, Great Music and many attractions. Mark Ervin, from the T.V. show "The Simson's" was on hand with his great artwork. We hope to have another great show this year. Thanks for your time and we hope to see you there. Gary

Attached Files:

2. 067chevy

067chevy

3. sololobo

sololobo

Last year was a blast and looking forward to another good time. Watch for Pam and Rich's Old Time Peddlers truck with the pet skunk doing tricks and the still in the back bubbling up some good corn squeezins. The cool old brick main street lends a great atmosphere to the scene, and some new rides will be on hand this year. Hope to see a lot of the local cats and kittens out there. Some more pix from last year. My avatar is Fireball Johnson's band from last year--The Royal Pawns--Fireball will be returning this year with The Mezcal Brothers--Rockabilly & Rock and Roll at its finest--Cajun music pros Steve and Buffalo will be moving around the show honkin out some cool accordian and guitar sounds as well. The lovely lass on the top of the backseat of Bob Wieck's rag top is our trophy queen C.J. who will be making another guest appearance this year, she's so fine!! ~Sololobo~

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 12, 2010

4. sololobo

sololobo

Shameless self promotion!! More pix from last years gig!! Andy Simms cool Ford Panel---Our pals The Outkasts sweet logo---Jigger's drop top Pontiac and Rick Whites sparkle top "Riv" with the baddest ass interior job on the planet---the trophys featuring custom built and original vintage stuff---Fireball Johnson's G.M.C. pickup and Byron O'Dowds fine Merc on display on the bricks---A special shout out to to all the area clubs and groups to join our hot rod and custom day!! C'mon out ~Sololobo~-----B.T.T.

Attached Files:

5. Bump. Happy Father's Day all!

6. sololobo

sololobo

Just to let everyone know that a swap meet is being held this year at our show, it will be at the East of Main St. (McKenna Ave.) in the park. A measley $10.00 bucks to display and sell some overstock stuff. It will kick off at 8:00a.m and run till noon, but you are welcome to leave your goods out all day if you want to. A great opportunity to clean out the garage and pass some goodies on to someone else. Our member Andy Simms is overseeing the event with help from Ron Reams of our Grand Island Chapter, they will be the dudes to help you that day. Don't be seen on the "Hoarders" t.v. show, bring some gems out and sell'em. Thanx!! ~Sololobo~ btt

7. Sticks

Sticks

I did have a good time last year, and I thought you'all had a great turn out.

Thanks
    Sticks

8. 2NDCHANCE

2NDCHANCE

To Sticks and the entire Outkast gang. We really apprecitate you guys showing up last year. I've been a busy worker making some more home-made trophies. The Road Burners hope to see you all again this year. Just pray for another 85 degree day with sunshine. The band is playing in the middle of the day, should be awesome. Thanks again, Gary

9. radio_king

radio_king

Bump as this one`s getting closer.I wish I could be there this year,please take a lot of photos for a fellow RoadBurner to drool.. And those trophies are too cool!!I appreciate the blood,sweat&tears you guys put in to make this happen!!!
    Rock on brothers!!!:cool:

-Mike, RoadBurners Intl

10. sololobo

sololobo

This coming Sunday July 18th. is right on us. "Showtime" We have a lot of commitments for new rides, a cool dragster doing a little cackle show, our drag racers doing a roar off again. Chef Jim will have his sweet corn roasted on the grill, Nathan's famous grilled dogs, pulled pork BBQ sandwiches, and a variety of cold drinks. Two saloons are open at the center of the show for some ice cold adult bevridges and food variety as well. Karl's Kustoms will be on hand with his great t-shirt and hip-wear line, always great merchandise. Our Roadburner member "jigger", Mark Ervin an artist for The Simpsons TV series for 17 years who does amazing hotrod art renderings will be set up again in Fox's rockn'roll barber shop. And local Gretna airbrush artist Peyton, will be set up in the old Five-O'clock Somewhere bar displaying his air brush expertise. A pinstriper will be on hand to stripe about anything that will hold still long enough for him to lay on some lines. The Mezcal Brothers will do two shows, the first from 12:30pm to 1:30pm and the next from 2:00pm to 3:00pm. Trophy presentation at 3:00 pm. Swap meet rolls early from 8:00a.m. to noon, located at the south end of the brick main street show boulavard. Again a special invite to all H.A.M.B ers and local pals and hottrodders to come out and enjoy the scene!! ~Sololobo~ btt please

Last edited: Jul 12, 2010
  11. Sticks

Sticks

Hell yeah, sounds like a fun time for all. Last years show was right-on.

Sticks

12. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

I'm going to try to make it out there for a while in my F100.... See you guys on Sunday!

Malcolm

13. KKustoms

KKustoms

Wish I could make it this year, our local cruise night is that same weekend. Takes up a lot of my time.

14. sololobo

sololobo

Final coutdown---May have some rain showers in the early a.m.-----but we are not afraid. Looking forward to having a rock-n-roll tinged, hot rod inspired good old time. Hope all the locals can get out. A couple of pix of some cool glass yard art work that will be on display and for sale, something for pur ladies to dig, but I dig them and bought one for our yard and we really enjoy it. ~Sololobo~

Attached Files:

15. 067chevy

067chevy

Sounds like a good time. I'm going to be going to the Kearney Cruise Nite. My wife will have her concession trailer set up there.

16. KKustoms

KKustoms

See ya there Tim, where is her trailer going to be??

17. Great show, great band, pictures to come soon.....

18. Damn! I didn't know about this...wasn't watching close enuf, I guess.

19. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

Was planning on going-Got sick thursday- 109+ heat index(Wednesday)-. Had to finish a job for a guy in St Joesph for a open house. Saving my strenth for Salina this weekend.

20. MLK

MLK

I screwed up my knee and didn't make it.
    Anybody get any pics? Sololobo, Nick?
    Thanks

Mike

21. 2NDCHANCE

2NDCHANCE

Sorry about taking so long about posting some pictures for the 2010 show. We had a great turnout of about 225 entries. They ran the full range from Semi Trucks to Motorcycles. The band's were awesome, the Mezcal Brothers played some rockabilly and we had a two-man group play some great Cajun music. The temp. was about 88 degrees and sunny. Next year we will have to re-think our parking lay out. Thanks again to everyone that made the show a huge success. The flat head trophy was made by the H.A.M.B.'s very own "kjohnson" just for our show. Totally cool in my book. Kirk, your the man. Gary

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 3, 2010
  22. 2NDCHANCE

2NDCHANCE

I decided to post a few more pictures. I'm giving a special thanks to Mark Ervin (Jigger) for displaying some of his awesome art work. Also, the amount of spectators at the show was crazy. People were just plain "diggin it". Gary

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 3, 2010
  23. radio_king

radio_king

Gary,thanks for posting the pics.Looks like good time was had by all!!Who`s dat lurking at the back stage...:D

24. 2NDCHANCE

2NDCHANCE

Mike, I can barely begin to express how good "The Mezcal Brothers" are. They are terrific. And yes that is our very own "Sololobo" hiding out behind the band. I'm there also, you can barely see my terquoise sleeve in the picture. It was deffinately the place to be. Gary

25. radio_king

radio_king

Haha,yeah I knew the sleeve looked familiar...:D

26. Hey Gary, Thanks for the pictures and thanks for the thanks.
    Anyone I spoke to who's expecting to hear from me will do so this week end. Sorry to take so long but I had to get back to work.
    I want the "Mescal Brothers to move to Neligh, next door to me, and jam all day.
    They have the "Sun Records" sound down! The slap happy bass, the guttural stings of that hollow body git-tar and a master on the skins with some top notch vocals every H.A.M.B. member should experience. Thanks Larry and Royal and Gary and Jim and everyone else!
    (That includes the killer Bar-B-Q!!!