Register now to get rid of these ads!

The traditional "What did you get done this weekend post?"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Deuce Roadster, Jan 23, 2005.

1. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

[​IMG]

It was nice here over the weekend......upper 50's and lower 60's so I took the seat out of the 3W. Stock seat and related hardware.......this is what I found........

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Even the original wood looks good......I am a happy camper.... [​IMG]

Trying to do something to it every few days.......do not want to be 10 years before riding...like with the Roadster.

[​IMG]

2. KIRK!

KIRK!

Wait, no fair, it's not over yet.

3. Worked on my modified body (narrowing and aligning) in my high-tech garage

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Mike Paul

Mike Paul
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Christian, nice website ya bastard! [​IMG]

5. loogy

loogy

My neighbor is YOUR kind of tit watcher, I'm the other kind.

6. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Spent some time this weekend thinking about my gas tank placement and fabbing up a cradle to hold it. My plan is to mount the cradle in the car and sheet metal around it to seperate it from the passenger compartment (see my other post about gas tank safety)...

7. Mike Paul

Mike Paul
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

kicked ass this weekend and got alot done. Got my dash fitted and finished the metalwork on it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Check out how well a 52 Ford dash follows the curve of the Model A dash rail
    [​IMG]

Also finished the constuction and mounting of my seats. Ready for some covers. My Dad was an upolsterer for almost 30 years and he is doing the interior maybe tuck and roll or maybe black with white inserts and chrome pipeing
    [​IMG]

Last but not least I mocked up my gas tank with cardboard and kind of figured out where the tank and battery will be located. I will build a firewall between the tank/battery compartment and the back seat for safety and the battery will be an optima and will be sealed in a steel box. The compartment will also be vented to the outside in case of fumes.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

She's coming together nicely. My goal is to drive this fucker by May 1!!!!

8. brandon

brandon

finally got the chopper started...about 15 degrees here ....and it pretty much sucks.....brandon

Attached Files:

9. nzsimon

nzsimon

10. I put about a half gallon of Evercoat RAGE on the front of my '49, but my batteries in my camera went dead as I was takin pictures so now I cant download them....figures.

11. oh...heres one.....
    [​IMG]
    and here's my wife workin on the grill.....
    [​IMG]

12. Skate Fink

Skate Fink
    Member Emeritus

......dug out the fuckin' driveway twice. I did manage to get a good start on a panel for the Autorama. As slow as I am, I hope to finish it in time......... [​IMG]

13. JimSibley

JimSibley

I built the cowl induction ducting for the 6 carbs on the cabriolet.

14. 30roadster

30roadster

this weekend welded up a 4'X4' metal welding table with a 1/4 inch plate top and 2" tubing legs. It's a roller. Somehow I managed to sunburn my wrists. apparently they weren't covered up well enough and my TIG welder cooked them. a mistake I won't repeat! [​IMG]

like that dash mp33!

15. Mid-70s here, with no wind and glassy overhead waves -- so didn't get squat done. Had some guys crashing at the house, so we mocked up the r-p/u. It's all kinda wired together, but you can get a feeling of how it's gonna look.

Attached Files:

16. dash...

Attached Files:

17. older shot .. but just to finish the triptych [​IMG] that fat ugly spreader has been replaced

Attached Files:

18. heyitsnate

heyitsnate

very nice detonator!very clean,as usual!!

19. Joe T Creep

Joe T Creep
    Member Emeritus

I got the blown up trans out of my 34....Had to cut the shifter off because when the previous owner put the body on he set it so close that there was no clearance. : ( At least its out...

20. heyitsnate

heyitsnate

i did what i don't usually do....i drove the frickin' thing!!!!!went to the antique swap meet in the roadster,and got swarmed by old-timers..my girlfriend was pissed..she thought we'd go antiqueing,and i spent the whole time in the parking lot b.s.'ing about cars!!

Attached Files:

21. Automotive Stud

Automotive Stud

Still waiting for my isky cam, adjustable lifters, and new valves for my flatty. Everything is apart, and with it 15* outside I can't paint some of the brackets and little parts I wanted to do, but it was about 60 in the garage so I gunked down the engine and repainted it Ford red right in the '47. I took my time, did the bottom side real nice and all.

Also stamped out an aluminum tag with the engine specs, I'll bolt that to the timing cover when it goes back on. Not that you'll see it, but it'll be cool for someone to find later on, they'll know what they've got inside.

22. heyitsnate

heyitsnate

outside the tattoo shop...

Attached Files:

23. heyitsnate

heyitsnate

and back on the road....

Attached Files:

24. This 2 degree weekend...
    Went outside, brushed some snow off the car, stared at it...went back inside.
    I cant waint until spring [​IMG]!
    -Dean

25. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

I got absolutely nothing done this weekend. One of the perks (if you can call it that) of just getting out of the hospital is that everyone expects you to rest. With the shop over 100 fett away, the temperature hovering around zero, the snow about 2' deep I decided "why fight it" and stayed inside. I'm feeling a lot better now so I'm hoping this week will show some kind of progress. I'll start by spending a few days thinking about it. [​IMG] [​IMG]

Frank

26. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

BTW Deuce Roadster, that '32 3w sure looks good where you've got it torn apart. That's going to be one sweet ride when you get it on the road. I think you should keep it and your roadster in different garages. You wouldn't want them mating and having a little Vicky to take care of would you? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Frank

27. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Took 75 minutes on Saturday morning, in at the height of the blizzard, to go 25 miles and reach Roadstar shop. I had plans to use his sandblaster to take years and years of grim, paint, primer, and rust off my convert top pieces and nothing was going to stop me from getting there. I sandblasted for over 5 1/2 hours till Roadstar made us evacuate, afraid we were going to get stuck at his shop.

Spent today snowblowing [​IMG]

28. Brandy

Brandy
    from Texas

Pulled the motor and trans out of the 55 Ponch, cleaned up the firewall, cut the exhaust that was welded to the ramshorn and decided that I need to find a replacement for the x member under the car. She's got more rot then Elvis! Did have a good laugh when my brothers girlfriend slipped in the trans fluid she thought she could walk thru and ruined a $60 pair of jeans!

Brandy

29. mad-cad

mad-cad

I pulled the cadillac 500ci motor out of my work truck to make way for a cummins diesel which is waiting in my workshop,the gas mileage from the caddy motor was killin me.It was fun while it lasted [​IMG]

30. poncho

poncho

made and installed floors in the modified,,and also figured out and mounted a gas pedal.... [​IMG]